Please Buff Sorc/Sage DPS

BraverDre

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've maded the same topic as you, I didn't got a reply.

I'm the same like you, our class has been ruined.. They have to make some changes to the classes, they just can't leave it like that, the difference beetween classes is huge right now, the game isn't balanced at all and I hope BW is aware of this, cause the game might probably die if they won't do anything about it

I agree - Sorc dps needs to be made competitive again. Perhaps we should not be top dps, like - but our utilities and sorc tricks (bubbles, offfheals, force-yanks, teleports etc) should be what give us the edge.

They've been consistently unkind to sorcs ever since they turned force storm into force sprinkles.

:mad:

I used to play the class until the lowered the death/balance field down to 5m which to me was the biggest mistake. I can't speak for pvp but reducing it didn't help because if you all think about it, it's star wars. force users will always have the upper hand so there was no need to take it down a notch. that's what makes it appealing to people to chose force users.

Can't a possible solution be to increase the death/balance field back up to 8m again?

yeah take away bubble! quit using your crutch

I only use bubble to break CCs when my break is on CD. I watch people disengage and I attack them ;)

Not so sure if Madness needs too much of a buff or they will become OP again.

But Lighting needs a buff because it's a burst spec that only does mosquito hits compared to other burst spec. ie rage Maras, Mercs and snipers.

I only use bubble to break CCs when my break is on CD. I watch people disengage and I attack them ;)

Not so sure if Madness needs too much of a buff or they will become OP again.

But Lighting needs a buff because it's a burst spec that only does mosquito hits compared to other burst spec. ie rage Maras, Mercs and snipers.

I don't think madness is any weaker than the other dot specs in PVP, sorcs overall still have very good survivability and utility. All dot specs are kinda mediocre at the moment with how huge HP pools are, just 1 healer can pretty much negate the impact of 1-2 dot specs.

That being said, I think sorcs getting a bit of a DPS buff would be fair, and corruption still needs to be knocked down a peg.

Both Madness and Lightning needs a severe buff - especially for ranked. Madness does way too little damage, and lightning has far to a long ramp-up time and is easy to shut down. And both specs needs better damage mitigation.

Survival:

Remove phase walk

Give sorcs a reflect like mercs or juggernauts

Make the Force Barrier automatically heal to full (only for dps builds)

Lightning:

Remove the cool down on Thundering Blast and lower the activation time. Adjust damage in correspondence with the other abilities to make the rotation be the optimal choice (and not just spamming Thundering Blast). Remove affliction, and make Thundering Blast auto-crit a certain percentage of the time. Make Thundering Blast castable while moving as default.

Madness:

You currently need to do one full channel of Force Lightning to auto-trigger Demolish, and that can be tricky to pull of in ranked. Using Force Lightning should give some type of immunity to knock-back and interupts, but not to stuns or mezz. And it should be castable while moving. Additionally Demolish should give far more damage always be auto-triggered by Force Lightning.

For sorc, Madness needs to deal more single target damage. I think that buffing force lightning and removing push back on it would do the trick (close to 2.10 stats).

Lightning needs more burst. I honestly think they 25% of a second hit should go away in favor of straight out buffing the damage of all skills, especially thundering blast and chain lightning.

Edited by Ottoattack

Overall DPS Sorc: Don't remove pw and we don't need a reflect type dcd. PW management is what keeps sorc interesting in yolo. Just up our healing mp management (at least for self heals as they could make heals on yourself cost less than heals on others rather easily), give us back the old bubble healing with that utility and make the knockback root baseline to both dps specs.

For Lightning only: up the single target burst....duh :) . There are multiple ways to do this but even if they just up the dmg and remove the dot requirement for autocrit it would be enough. This would still be less burst than sniper or merc but sorc does have a lot of utility and so a little less burst is ok.

For Madness only: Give deathfield the old aoe range. Then either up the single target dmg a fair amount (my preference) or give us real aoe dot pressure again (not as good for overall class balance).

agree

I secretly hope to see all sorcs exterminated slowly by lethality dots

I second that.

Screw them, i saw enough Sorc DPS do good damage in Warzones, the good ones i mean. Not the nubs that come here crying about getting a buff.

They are good where they are.:)

Remove phase walk

Give sorcs a reflect like mercs or juggernauts

No. Class homogenization is bad.

Remove the cool down on Thundering Blast and lower the activation time. Adjust damage in correspondence with the other abilities to make the rotation be the optimal choice (and not just spamming Thundering Blast). Remove affliction, and make Thundering Blast auto-crit a certain percentage of the time. Make Thundering Blast castable while moving as default.

...... and you expect to be taken seriously? TB needs a damage buff, that's it. Why would you accept the cost of it hitting less hard, just to be able to use it more often? It should be the other way around. Years ago, it was shifting the damage profile away from a busty TB (it used to hit considerably harder relative to HP pools) and towards a steadier stream of damage with LS turning into LB, that made the spec irrelevant and no longer as unique (glass cannon heavy burst caster). You're asking for more of the same thing that kinda killed the spec in the first place. And why would you prefer to not autocrit every TB? Especially with CL and CD refreshing affliction... like, why is affliction even an issue for you? Consistently refreshing afflictions on multiple enemies via CL and CD is a cool mechanic that skilled players can use to maximize damage.

You currently need to do one full channel of Force Lightning to auto-trigger Demolish, and that can be tricky to pull of in ranked. Using Force Lightning should give some type of immunity to knock-back and interupts, but not to stuns or mezz. And it should be castable while moving. Additionally Demolish should give far more damage always be auto-triggered by Force Lightning.

No, that mechanic is fine. Madness used to be great, and they don't need to fix what isn't broken. There's no excuse for not having max stacks by the time demolish comes back off cd. The more they interrupt FL, the more leeches you get off.

Edited by KittyKat_Karrot