Agent story. Angry and speechless.

Mirandel

Agent was by far my favorite. There are only three weaknesses I can think of:

The tendency to introduce a ludicrously powerful technology/ability then underutilize it. Between the holographic disguises and the brainwashing serum I spent a little while fearing that this whole questline would be "Harry Potter and the Overpowered Spells We Only Sometimes Remember To Use." I was relieved at least to see the disguise tech come back at the very end.

Fighting Jadus. Why is this not instant death? Unless he has other plans for you...

The crew is amazing, some of the best concepts in the game, but they're poorly integrated. Why the hell would I be towing around an anarchist, a man jacked into the hive mind of a potentially competing civilization, a sketchy as hell agent who doesn't seem to report to Intelligence itself, a Force sensitive on the run, and SHODAN? Great, great characters; poor reasons for bringing them in.

Otherwise, the Sith Warrior had some excellent character moments and very distinct Light vs. Dark progressions; apart from that one extremely poorly handled Incident I thought it was very good. Jedi Knight was solid and traditional, and that's not a bad thing. Smuggler and Trooper both had great Act 1s with personal grudges to pursue; both weakened after that. The Consular had a distinctive feel with all the guests on board; it didn't really grab me but I appreciated the change of pace. The Agent was just awesome.

Edited by bright_ephemera

But the story is very, very different and stands out among all of them. I would say more resources was spend on it as well.

This was my exact thought when I saw Agent class story on Quesh. I hate that planet, main storyline seems unfinished, none of quests there ever gave any affection to any companion I tried, so I always assumed it was just extra thrown in planet. Especially since all class quests there were so bland. "Oh hey, we've just heard there is something/someone you have to do/rescue/kill on Quesh, go get it, and we will never mention it again". Trooper? "We didn't manage to pull out this team in time, yo go do it" Smuggler? "Some guys sent SOS, go at them" For almost all classes you could remove Quesh quest and story wouldn't suffer at all(OK, I think SW had pretty impactfull q here, but it also could be done anywhere, no special link to planet at all). But Agent is only class that can't go on without that quest, and that quest has real reasons to happen on quesh.

So it seems quit likely that this whole planet was created primarly for his storyline.

Oh, and Scorpio alone would be enough to win the competition of "best crew" in the game.

This is another thing that pisses me off in other classes. Multitude of companions that are here because they have nothing better to do, or simply because they are military and were assigned here, but aside from that have absolutely no reason to be here. Pierce and Broonamrk. Akavari. Doc and Rusk. Andronikos. Skadge. Both 'soldiers' on Consular. Even if Vector links are pretty weak he's somewhat used in story outside his planet, and you actually have reson to accept Temple. It's not only agent that has it 'good', Trooper crew also all has reason to be here, maybe even better reasons. But fact that Agent has hsi whole crew reasonably involved in his story is another piece of "got more work done on it"

It's not that other classes are bad, but when you see how much better they could have been, yeah. Not nice.

This was my exact thought when I saw Agent class story on Quesh. I hate that planet, main storyline seems unfinished, none of quests there ever gave any affection to any companion I tried, so I always assumed it was just extra thrown in planet.

[...]

But Agent is only class that can't go on without that quest, and that quest has real reasons to happen on quesh.

So it seems quit likely that this whole planet was created primarly for his storyline.

This is another thing that pisses me off in other classes. Multitude of companions that are here because they have nothing better to do, or simply because they are military and were assigned here, but aside from that have absolutely no reason to be here.

[...]

But fact that Agent has hsi whole crew reasonably involved in his story is another piece of "got more work done on it"

It's not that other classes are bad, but when you see how much better they could have been, yeah. Not nice.

This is even more proof for me for my "favouritism" thesis.

They could at least have exchanged ideas among the writers.

And, yes, a whole planet created exclusively for one class ? If not, then either the writer was very good or the other writers were rather bad, in terms of integrating a story line into a planet (or vice versa), but in the end it just makes me angry.

Finished JK, SW, Smuggler and Agent stories so far. JK & SW are really good stories but just a bit too cliche. The Smuggler's story is a bit weak but has the best dialog. Agent story is just pure awesome.

Only to be completely invalidated by the Makeb opener :mad:

They could at least have exchanged ideas among the writers.

Unfortunately they did :( Though, probably not in a way you meant it. I happen to play Smuggler story back to back with agent. And seeing re-use of the same location and same idea (with worse implementation) added a lot to my disappointment with the smugglers story.

I mean "carbonite thing" and shuttling to the last boss from the very same room by the very same shuttle.

To be honest, Smugglers story feels to me like Hall Hood (the author of smuggler's and JK story) abandoned smuggler after Chapter 1, and the rest was a badly combined ideas from Agent"s and BH stories. Or like everyone added something without revising the result. (Sorry, just finished it and venting my disappointment. Truly you have to play the Agent last, or you will find too many flaws in the rest of the stories)

Edited by Mirandel