12x XP Event... which classes to choose?

JacenVayn

Hi, I'm currently planning to experience many of the 8 class stories. But I'm wondering which classes I should pick at level 10 to be well suited for Endgame PvE and PvP. I want to be able to play every of the 3 roles at the end and so far I have:

Shadow DD

Guardian Tank

Bounty Hunter Heal

So 5 classes left, I thought about doing it that way:

Commando Heal

Gunslinger DD

Marauder DD

Sorcerer Heal

Operative DD or Heal

Would that be a good idea or are there any classes in there that are really weak?

Honestly, as cliche as it sounds, play whatever you like. You already have all potential roles covered between Guardian / Shadow (tank + dps) and Mercenary (healer + dps).

Some tanks may play differently than others; same with healers. DPS definitely have a different feel from class to class, and particularly between the melee dps and ranged dps. So whichever itch you have, go for it.

That's my 2 credits worth, anyways.

Well marauder will give you some trouble endgame but if you wanna level one and have fun go for it

I just want to intervene and maybe shed some knowledge on the Marauder. Mara was my first class, bad-*** enforcer with two light sabers so he could cut through scores of Jedi and Republic Soldiers. Being my first class I wasn't happy with the companion system so I always stuck with Vett, a ranged DPS class, and I'm glad I did. Upgrading her constantly allowed me to play the class to the point where I could kill two silvers and two normals in one battle. Of course there is a ton of down-time healing especially around Hoth and the learning curb associated with all the micro managing you need to do to constantly cause tremendous amounts of dps and be able to pop shields and buffs for yourself. I always used stims and medpacs and could always get through my storyline without any help.

It taught me a lot about the game and yea there are low times when you feel like paper and you are heavily gear reliant but the payoff of being able to micromanage a Mara will be wisdom you'll hold onto forever, it really made me a better player playing a melee glass cannon.

I just thought Maras were the most ****** of classes when played Dark Side and I hope to remake one again. It was really a adventure I look back on and smile.

I highly recommend going through the whole game with a Mara, not just abusing the 12x exp, you'll learn a lot and really feel like you've done something awesome.

And.. I mean.. come on.. everyone knows a Human Male Sith Marauder is the canon version of one of the best class stories ever in the game.

Please go enjoy one and if you ever need advice let me know!