Next Full Size planet

MartninefivePL

What will be next full size planet in SWTOR?

Please guess, up to 3 planets.

If you do not know only!!! :)

= = = = = = = = = =

my guesses, ...yyyyyyyyyy

1. Kashyyyk (it was great in KOTOR1)

2. Naboo (A lot of story potential)

3. Csilla (we have Chiss already, time for a planet from Unknown regions).

*sighs*

There's so many interesting planets in the Star Wars universe, some more likely possibilities than others...

Bespin is unlikely, but possible since the floating cities are gas mining stations, and a current theme is the Republic and Empire fighting for resources for the greater war.

Mon Calamari would be a great chance to bring in the Mon Cal as a playable race, but it might be too similar environment-wise to Manaan

Ithor is a possibility.

We're centuries too early for Thyferra, I think...

I can agree with Kashyyyk and Naboo as possibilities (Naboo has such potential; interesting geography, a culture that one wonders how it developed, and it played a large role directly and indirectly in the prequels - plus, there's a Crew Skill mission in game that mentions Rakata ruins on the planet...)...

I don't know about Csilla, though; the Chiss are isolationist bordering on xenophobic, I can't really see anyone but maybe another Chiss being allowed to visit their homeworld.

Based on the fact that they're talking about storylines surrounding the Mandalorians and different factions wanting to take different paths, I'm going to say my official three-pick is as follows

1. Mandalore (the planet), as part of the Mandalorian content.

2. Kashyyyk

3. Naboo

I doubt Naboo. They probably don't want to deal with the Gungans' dialect. Kids like Jar Jar, but unfortunately he tainted the planet for everyone else. Phantom Menace also resolved their interactions with the people of Naboo. They'd have to make up their own story. That's fine as that goes, but I don't want another civil war like Alderaan. I wouldn't mind Naboo, but I don't see it as a priority.

Kashyyk is a good guess. They can develop a good story between the Wookies and Trandoshans.

I seriously doubt we'll see Naboo. In this time period, it has only just started getting colonized, and would not look at all like what we recognize from the prequels. The Gungans probably haven't even learned Basic at this point

Kashyyk I think is a good candidate.

Perhaps they'll expand Manaan into a proper planet, totally wasted potential as it is.

Also a good chance of just making up a new world, or going back to new zones on previous ones

...a man can dream, can't he? :jawa_cool:

Whether or not I think any of these will happen, here's my nominations:

Kashyyyk: would not only be cool in general, it would seem to have good story potential, and interesting settings among the giant trees. Having all the NPCs speaking 'wookiee' could get tiresome (but might save money on voice acting, haha!).

Manaan: I still think they could do some fun stuff with underwater sequences, like they did in the HK55 special - I was disappointed you can't go EVA at the Manaan stronghold. Great story potential, distinctive setting. (As an alternative, consider Dac, with the Mon Cals and Quarren!)

No other strong suggestions for the third, I'll offer up...

Hapes: going a bit out on a limb here, but some definite story potential and a distinct society. Maybe a bit like a mix of Alderaan and Onderon? *shrug*

Well, I don't think we've had a "full size planet" for many years. Makeb might be considered the last full size planet. So I don't think we'll have any more full size planets.

This was my first reaction as well. A full-size planet requires significant story content to go along with it and they've just not been doing that. Ossus and Onderon are probably quarter-sized at best.

I do hope they deliver something large for the tenth anniversary.

"Full size planet" is a bit misleading in a way. For example, the entire area of Coruscant could be contained within the confines of New York city - that's hardly a whole planet.

What I'd like to see would be for them to use more areas on some existing planets. Like for example, an area on Alderaan that's more spring-like, with slightly different Flora and fauna.

I mean, if you had an MMO based on Earth, you could have desert, jungle, snowbound, forest, etc, just on the same planet.

But if it has to be yet another planet, I'd vote for Naboo, if the time frame works.

Yeah, I'd love to see Mustafar or any other old or completely new lava type planet. Aeten 2, Sullust, Nevarro or Lola Sayu or as said completely new. I have no idea why these planets. I just checked lava type planets in star wars and these looksed cool.

There could be also a planet that'd be in half destroyed like I think Malachor or that Lola Sayu. And it'd be better if new planet would be Imperial related/allegiance. From JUS we had no Imperial planet. 3 Republic affiliated planets, Ossus, Dantooine, Onderon and one neutral, Mek-Sha.

Could we get now imperial planet please? And see finally Republic on offensive? I mean, it'd really cool to see Empire still on offensive. This gets feeling that Empire is really strong now and playing as invader. But defensive is cool as well, want to be on defensive side now ...

Last full size planet was Makeb for me.

Planets like Yavin4, Ossus, Dantooine are only daily planets for me.

Would be cool to get full size planet with class stories, or at least rep/imp story with many side quests and long main quest.

I felt Ossus Meksha were well done minus the fps dips. But yeah I'll take a new planet and I bet we get one or two with the new story.

Ive been asking for Kashyyyk since launch :)

Onderon was a good choice imo, I like planets with both cities and nature. Though most of the time the planets are more focused on nature when they are both present.

Mostly though, I would like a real full sized planet. With multiple bases, an overarching story, sidequests that tie into the overall story, heroics, datacrons that are not insanely difficult to get, well written/relevant NPC's aaaand large, busy, open terrain that makes you feel you are actually on a planet (like Tatooine, Alderaan and Balmorra).

Edited by Gokkus