Unexpected

MouseNoFour

The same way you wouldn't expect to see it in an interview for a big corporation. Still you'll see it every-bloody-where.

Sad thing is that IRL, you are not given the option to shock the sexists.

/bro-to-sis_fist

Have no fear, he got his just rewards.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9496/screenshot2012041715300.jpg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6703/screenshot2012041715301.jpg

Satele Shan, a woman, is the grandmaster of the Jedi Order. And here we have an angry woman so angry at a single cutscene, that it warranted a thread.

I assume that was an Empire dude. What do you expect from them?

Edit: In before there are angry responses to this thread being moved, thus irrefutable proof in some people's minds that SW:TOR is sexist.

Edited by ConradLionhart

Actually.. Leia, although an example of a strong woman, was also treated differently because of her gender through the original movies.

Never once does she lead a scene except the opening one, in which she is more a damsel than a hero.

Besides trying to save her beloved, not once does she do anything truly heroic. And even that fails and leads to her being objectified.

She is also one of only a handful of non-enslaved women in the entire galaxy it seems. (Well, still better than being the only black man, eh Lando?)

She is not once respected for her abilities besides the political, despite being part of almost every aspect of the rebellion, including combat situations.

Sexism is part of the original trilogy, and in a culture where non-humans are treated as lesser beings, is it really a big step for a single man to think the same about women?

Oh no, i have no ulterior motive, besides the surprise at seeing an imperial officer speak out of line to a female sith, in the quickest route to a short life. In all Star Wars games ive played, imperial officers are boot lickers to the sith - and they should be as just one could end their life in an instant without a second thought. The worst thing one could do, is insult a sith right to their face.

I cant imagine a worse insult to a female sith.

Heh.. it is actually one of the coolest aspects of being an Imperial Agent. At times, you get to stick it to the Sith and see how far you can push them without dying. I actually think there is a conversation as IA where you can die because of what you say to the Sith.

Some people just like to live on the edge!

Heh.. it is actually one of the coolest aspects of being an Imperial Agent. At times, you get to stick it to the Sith and see how far you can push them without dying. I actually think there is a conversation as IA where you can die because of what you say to the Sith.

Some people just like to live on the edge!

Yes, i know of what you speak. My Sniper pushed that pompous arrogant group of sith called the Dread Masters, as far as they will go. (i personally hate the whole idea of sith)

They threw lightning at my poor girl, all the while she begrudgingly protested ''is that all you got?".

Any chance i get to insult, attack or murder sith - I TAKE IT!!

Edited by MouseNoFour

This is definitely an awesome part of playing a Sniper. Even though I love my Assassin, it's great to be the normal person who's sick of the Sith mucking everything up with their wanton murdering. My Sniper's son (Bounty Hunter), feels the same way.

That said, my Assassin gets pissy when people don't treat her with the proper groveling. Pretty sure a confrontation between her and my Sniper would end with one of them dead.