Just re-subbed after months.

Ryukennea

So glad to be back! I missed this game a lot, the story, the planets, heck with all I've been through IRL I've even missed the trolls on here. I pre-ordered the hutt expansion and I'm leveling a Sniper. I've read up on what's new and etc - but what's the best out there that IS new? Is the pvp better? Are the raids bigger/better?

What's new in SWTOR that's worth experiencing?

Edit: Also, I'm really glad to see they MERGED the servers together. I told them in several posts that there were too many servers to start out with. Also, the F2P model could use a bit tweeking as I think there's too many restrictions. TERA's F2P model has no restrictions, I think the F2P model is supposed to MAKE people WANT to SUB and not the other way around. I feel like it's scaring people off, all I see is negative feedback on it. What do you guys think?

Edited by Ryukennea

So glad to be back! I missed this game a lot, the story, the planets, heck with all I've been through IRL I've even missed the trolls on here. I pre-ordered the hutt expansion and I'm leveling a Sniper. I've read up on what's new and etc - but what's the best out there that IS new? Is the pvp better? Are the raids bigger/better?

What's new in SWTOR that's worth experiencing?

Edit: Also, I'm really glad to see they MERGED the servers together. I told them in several posts that there were too many servers to start out with. Also, the F2P model could use a bit tweeking as I think there's too many restrictions. TERA's F2P model has no restrictions, I think the F2P model is supposed to MAKE people WANT to SUB and not the other way around. I feel like it's scaring people off, all I see is negative feedback on it. What do you guys think?

Welcome back.

You don't mention when you left the game so I don't know how much of these is new to you but 2 new WZs have been added since release (Novare Coast and Hypergates) which are fun - at least for me they are. PVP-wise not much has changed other than the usual nerfs and buffs, some tweaks in the resolve system and the fact that Ilum is now a dead planet until 1.7 which is supposed to bring new life to it with a reccuring event. Gearing has changed quite a bit since release too. There are no more Champion/Centurion/Battlemaster bags and Champion/Centurion gear that you might have is now much worse than the free Recruit gear you can get from the PVP Bounty board. The way gear progression works in PVP now is with Warzone and Ranked Warzone Comms and there is War Hero and Elite War Hero gear to get.

PVE-wise, new raids are available (personally I consider Terror from Beyond the best raid so far) and 2 new Flashpoints have been added since release (Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island). There are also new Daily Areas ( Black Hole and Section X), new world bosses (Nightmare Pilgrim and Dreadtooth on Voss and Section X respectively) and new weeklies. There is also a groupfinder for normal Flashpoints, HM FPs and the original two operations in normal (story) mode. Top gear right now is Dread Guard.

Have fun.

Don't let the forum trolls bite :p

Edited by TheNahash

Welcome back. I only came back in December myself, so can't really help, as I'm still levelling up new chars as I started fresh with new rerolls.. I missed SWTOR too, so when I he4ard it went f2p, I decided to give it another shot, and was preferred for about 2 weeks before I resubbed.

Welcome back!!

I stopped subbing myself over last summer for a few months..not because i didn't want to play or was "mad" at the game but only because i got so busy with work and life i didn't have time to game at all. I started my sub back up in September and resigned for a 6 month sub in December and i think its worth every penny.

Enjoy!

Welcome back. :)

I think the F2P model is supposed to MAKE people WANT to SUB and not the other way around. I feel like it's scaring people off

Some, maybe, but I've been leveling characters since 1.5 dropped and I see lots of people talk about subscribing because they fall in love with the game and/or because they found the Free or Preferred levels being too restrictive.

People are more likely to scream negatively than speak out positively, so what you're "seeing" may not be a true representation of the conversion rate.