Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

aim vs power

Capt_Beers
01.18.2013 , 03:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Your current setup is 586.2 bonus damage and 35.8% crit
if you use all aim augments it's 585.9 and 36.76% crit

So you trading almost a full percentage point of crit for 0.3 bonus damage, It's a small difference but I wouldn't recommend it.

*EDIT
Sorry, I'm hardwired to look at damage, you only care of bonus healing. Either way I feel it still stands.
I have a point in Special Munitions which gives me 3% tech crit chance with CSC active.

So with all power augs I have 39.72% crit chance and 630 bonus healing.

All aim augs gives me 40.69% crit chance and 628 bonus healing.

Trading a less than 1% crit chance for 2 points of healing doesn't worth changing as at 39% I'm already working my way into the DR. I could care less about crits for range as all of my heals are tech.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

oaceen
01.19.2013 , 12:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
at 39% I'm already working my way into the DR.
7% of that is from skill points and companion affection and therefore not involved in the DR calculations

ladwar
01.20.2013 , 01:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I have a point in Special Munitions which gives me 3% tech crit chance with CSC active.

So with all power augs I have 39.72% crit chance and 630 bonus healing.

All aim augs gives me 40.69% crit chance and 628 bonus healing.

Trading a less than 1% crit chance for 2 points of healing doesn't worth changing as at 39% I'm already working my way into the DR. I could care less about crits for range as all of my heals are tech.
the DR on crit is not on aim its only from crit rating. i believe 350 crit is the soft cap, and yes i have played around to see that this is about where it is.aim adds to your crit without effecting your DR on it.

oaceen
01.20.2013 , 08:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
the DR on crit is not on aim its only from crit rating. i believe 350 crit is the soft cap, and yes i have played around to see that this is about where it is.aim adds to your crit without effecting your DR on it.
ok, so lots of things to mention in this post.
first of all, there's no such thing as a 'soft cap' in this game. things are not calculated in that way.

everything except the bonus healing and damage from power and main stats are subject to diminished returns

diminishing returns start the moment you start adding a single point, because you need to add more points to get the same bonus you previously had.

the DR curve for crit on main stats is fairly linear. because of that, people say things like 'the DR on crit is not on aim'
the DR curve for crit rating is a little less linear, and both bonuses to crit are calculated separately.

the DR for something like surge has a very specific point where it tapers off a lot, and this is mostly due to the hard cap being lower from 50% to 30% in 1.2
basically the first 25% of bonus crit multiplier is calculated the same way as it was before 1.2, and the remaining 5% used to give an additional 25%

no other stat is like this. until they mess with calculations and values, it will continue to stay this way.

there is a hard cap on crit rating, which is the same 30%, but this does not include skills or skill points, companion affection bonus to crit, 5% base crit chance for all characters and classes, or the 5% smuggler buff
it does take into account the overall bonus to crit from mainstats and crit rating

draklite
01.23.2013 , 02:20 PM | #15
So in a nut shell do we want reflex armoring and agile mods in ever piece of our armour ? if so that would make it so much easier for me to understand upgrading my armour. Also if that is the case what enhancment do we want?

nbayer
01.23.2013 , 02:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by draklite View Post
So in a nut shell do we want reflex armoring and agile mods in ever piece of our armour ? if so that would make it so much easier for me to understand upgrading my armour. Also if that is the case what enhancment do we want?
Well, you want reflex armoring, barrel, and augments. For the mods use nimble and agile. For the enhancements I use adept and initiative. But there are a couple others that don't waste stat points, i think maybe battle is one of them.

Try this as a starting point: http://www.noxxic.com/swtor