Place Your Bets! Will Onslaught be delayed past Oct 22nd?

Rion_Starkiller

Hi everyone,

Do you think 6.0 Onslaught will be delayed? And if so, what does your Magic 8-ball say?

Once you figure out your predicted date, here is mine:

I actually think the devs cannot delay the release of Onslaught, so I think (at worst) it will be released on Oct 25th.

Reasons:

• The week of Halloween would be a bad release date.
  • First week of November is possible, but seems unlikely (gut feeling).
  • Anything later than 1st week of november interferes with SW Jedi Fallen Order.
  • Anything later than SW Jedi Fallen Order is too late -- needs to be released before Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Do you think 6.0 Onslaught will be delayed? And if so, what does your Magic 8-ball say?

I actually think the devs cannot delay the release of Onslaught, so I think (at worst) it will be released on Oct 25th.

Reasons:

• Anything later than 1st week of november interferes with SW Jedi Fallen Order.
  • Anything later than SW Jedi Fallen Order is too late -- needs to be released before Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

They are bound by a strict contractual timeline, this update is not going to be delayed.

also how soon afterward will a bunch of guilds die out because they cannot reach the conquest goals posted by Eric, so we may only have super large guilds to contend with.

Bit sad to think conquest is the only reason a bunch of people would ever get together in a guild.

Hope not. However with the time lost on PTS over last week or so probably will be. If it is well it sucks but better that then a unplayable version.

I just hope if it is delayed BW tells us ASAP. For long term subs may not make a difference other than been annoying & disappointing. However if you were going to sub just for 1 month it will make a difference. Less time to level character & Alts, less chance to get gear to put aside for when sub ends for toons still levelling. So if you subbed for one month on the 20th to get the new species and have a month to get gear, then for BW to say on the 21st Sorry not this week, I know I'd be pissed. So if it is going to be delayed as much notice as possible would be appreciated.

Still we can still hope for best case and it does come out on the 22nd.

If it is OP then I will say until the 29th of Oct. So just 1 week.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

before November -- that is all I will predict --

late, late October -- the latest they can wait ... ( or I could be surprised and it will come out on time )

the new Jedi game is coming out in November; Christmas holidays start in early December --

IF they don't get it out by late October, it is not coming out till next year

(PLEASE let it come out on time !! )

Hi everyone,

Reasons:

While I definitely think it should be delayed for multiple reasons.

It’s not ready and I doubt it can be even with Bioware pushing their staff to nervous break downs. Which is one of my biggest concerns. Bioware crunch time is extremely detrimental to their staff and as it turns out, the quality of the product when they push un-ready products out the door.

This is all documented in this article about Anthem. I highly doubt the culture’s changed enough since this article and they probably still use Bioware crunch time to finish products that should be pushed back.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong/

Sadly, I don’t think they will delay. I would say there is a 1/100 chance of a delay and even 1% is probably too high. Something dramatic like half the team dropping off would probably need to happen before it was even considered. Even then, I have a feeling they’d just push pts 3 live with some tweaks. (Which is what will probably go live anyway).

Edit: FYI, I’m not including a couple of days delay. I’m talking weeks or longer when I say they won’t delay.

If they do delay a day or two or even a month, anyone want to place their bets on the amount of QQ about it on the forums from people who’ve not tested on the pts and don’t understand why it probably should be delayed?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They are bound by a strict contractual timeline, this update is not going to be delayed.

I lol'd.

OP, I don't think they can afford to delay after talking it up the last couple months. They'll lose people if they make another delay.

No, what will happen is it'll be released on schedule, it'll be a buggy, rage-inducing mess, they'll spend the next 6 months doing surprise patch days to fix the bugs and another 6 months fixing the rage. Just like 5.0.

I

No, what will happen is it'll be released on schedule, it'll be a buggy, rage-inducing mess, they'll spend the next 6 months doing surprise patch days to fix the bugs and another 6 months fixing the rage. Just like 5.0.

Which will probably lose just as many or more people. It’s a no win situation they’ve put themselves in (as usual).

• Delays: likely
  • Patches to fix bugs: highly likely
  • People complaining about new gearing/ size of expansion / nothing to do.... Extremely likely.
  • Uptick in numbers. Fallen off a cliff by the end of the week: Very probable.
  • Quick apology, quick fix, consultation with last few remaining players; everything done to enable people to play their way: not a chance.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

• Delays: likely
  • Patches to fix bugs: highly likely
  • People complaining about new gearing/ size of expansion / nothing to do.... Extremely likely.
  • Uptick in numbers. Fallen off a cliff by the end of the week: Very probable.
  • Quick apology, quick fix, consultation with last few remaining players; everything done to enable people to play their way: not a chance.

Sounds like a Master Card advert with no good punchline

This bet seems too risky for my taste. :p

(That said, I don't know how they intend to bring the current state of the PTS to a well functioning live version within only 2 weeks.)

24 hours around the clock development. Aka, “Bioware magic” which translates to “Bioware crunch time” or what most normal people would call slaves to the wheel.

Musco is currently sleeping on his desk and if he notices someone go to sleep he throws Swedish fish at them to wake them up

I actually feel bad for most of the team. No one should have to work like that.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Highly, highly unlikely unless they discover a game-breaking bug with respect to the main storyline.

With respect to gearing, crafting, etc., they are well aware of the concerns of people have on the PTS with respect to mods being RNG, crafting, etc.

But we are now 13 days until scheduled release and they posted on Twitter yesterday about a two week countdown.

Given how few people participated in the PTS (I mean, character pics on Reddit get close to 1000 likes within a day), I think they have internalized that delaying because of gearing issues isn't worthwhile. And this assumes, as noted above, that BW actually shares those concerns.

More broadly, because of their new emphasis on horizontal gearing (vertical gearing is actually pretty quick, albeit highly annoying), and the crapton of worthless gear they are throwing at us, I think they want to see how the masses react to the RNG mod vendor.

I don't see any reason for delay absent a game-breaking bug in the story. They know the range of views from the PTS, including what we like, what we don't like, etc. So that leaves them with one of 3 paths:

1) They know and disagree; or

2) They know and agree (in part or in whole), but figure it will take time to sort out, so let people enjoy story for a bit; or

3) They want to see how this whole new gearing system plays out once the masses start playing live.

I'm of the view they have chosen #3. If so, then that means they should release it ASAP since that will provide the greatest impetus for change.

Dasty

Edit: Eric posted the following this morning, so it seems we're a lock for the 22nd. Let the Onslaught literally (and figuratively on the forums) begin...

Hey folks,

I alluded to this in my earlier post (Phase 3 coming down the end of the this week) but I wanted to post a reminder. PTS Phase 3 will be coming down for good this Friday afternoon! Make sure to get in your PTS Achievements by then if you want the Kai Zaikken log.

The current patch that is on PTS will be the final one. We would love to put up more patches and show you the changes that have already been made, along with gathering more feedback. At this point though the team needs to focus their efforts on the final build for the 22nd. Definitely keep all feedback coming it is still being passed onto the team and rolled into launch.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by Jdast