Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Drakolich's Ship builds

RickDagles
09.19.2015 , 11:31 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
So all the reasons you guys stated is exactly why i used the Crit chance for so long on my Slug.

However there is one very key aspect I had overlooked. Damage Overcharge.

I typically only play Gunship in Deathmatch. When I play Deathmatch I average around 5 Damage Overcharges per match. (honestly that number might be higher)
I am of the opinion that once you get Damage Overcharge I don't Ion anymore only Slug, because what I'm looking for are one and done shots. I scan for targets that don't quite have full health still. Fire one shot and because of Damage Overcharge I usually finish my target. In this situation you're not looking for a Crit at all you just want to make sure you can finish the target. The extra damage with Damage Overcharge lets me do this to higher health targets.

The other minor reason I swaped is that when I don't have Damage Overcharge I started using Ion a lot more and found that once you had the Ioned you didn't really need the Crit anymore.

Because of the swap my playstyle has changed a little to compensate, I now always open with Ion on any ship class (unless they are already low on health or I have Damage Overcharge).

Now for some fun math I've done that might explain it a bit better and/or help people. ^^

All the following number are assuming the player has taken 10% extra shield crew member and is not using reinforced armor. (I'm making these assumptions as this is the current meta in GSF)

Slug Railgun numbers with Damage Overcharge:
Crit talent: 3200 normal, 4800 crit
+10% damage talent: 3620 normal

Alright so here are some standard meta builds Shield + Health totals if you were firing a Slug at them.

Distortion field Sting 2380
Would get one shot no matter what so talents once you have Damage overcharge don't matter.

Distortion field Mangler/Jurgoran 3320
Here is the big one, without the 10% extra you would only one shot this target on a crit with Damage overcharge. In sniping war games having to do that 25% charge shot to finish another Gunship is a real pain especially a Distortion field one because now they have even more time to notice you firing at them and activate it meaning they get to retreat and you miss out on a kill.

Feedback Mangler/Jurgoran 3460
Even though this build is less popular I do see it quite a bit on Harbinger. This one also get's one shoted by the 10% extra damage shot once you have Damage Overcharge.

Directionals Jurgoran 91%
This is one of the many reasons I have used the directional shields Condor as my main ship for nearly a year now. Being able to face tank slugs due to tankiness and ions due to power dive is a huge bonus. And it's a lot more predictable than popping DF. I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to throw myself at you wheneve I see you get a DO. It serves the purpose of wasting precious time so that you can't kill my team as fast, but it also makes you more vulnerable. If there were 2 condors that did this to you every time you got DO, there wouldn't be much that you could do but pray to the DF RNG gods :P

Based on your numbers i'm almost thinking that hydrospanner + directionals is a decent synergy here. It would be a great counter to DO because you could facetank slugs a lot more often. Instead of being caught at 91 or below, you could pretty much always be at 100 without spending countless seconds hovering near a repair drone. Giving up wingman is certainly a huge sacrifice against DF gs and moreso against DF scouts. But hydro may actually be viable. Hydro + directionals is certainly more synergy than Tsukiyomi's hydro+feedback.

Before I saw this post I was actually thinking it could be interesting to put a Comet Breaker on my bar with directional+hydro for those situations where scouts aren't a problem and the other team has map (and therefore DO) control. The only problem here is that ion is quite crippling since you have to give up power dive. I want a cartel condor plz

Flusssaeure
01.13.2016 , 01:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
I may have screwed up something when writing this all out so if you see something that doesn't make sense like a certain ship has a component it can't possibly have please bring it to my attention so I can fix it.
Your Mangler use Salana Rok as Copilot and Malavi Quinn as Tactical, which off course does not work after both are in the Tactical Compartment.

phalczen
01.13.2016 , 01:40 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Flusssaeure View Post
Your Mangler use Salana Rok as Copilot and Malavi Quinn as Tactical, which off course does not work after both are in the Tactical Compartment.
I think he changed it to Quinn because Quinn has the passive buff to Sensor Dampening and Salana doesn't.

Drakkolich
01.13.2016 , 01:47 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Flusssaeure View Post
Good catch thanks, I changed it.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Drakkolich
11.13.2017 , 05:05 PM | #35
All ships updated for the 5.5 Patch. I'm not going to go through all the changes since I changed almost every freaking ship.

If you have any questions about why I'm running certain things feel free to ask!
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Verain
11.13.2017 , 05:28 PM | #36
Clarion pilot is B-3G9 not C2N2.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Drakkolich
11.13.2017 , 05:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Clarion pilot is B-3G9 not C2N2.
Good catch and it was actually every ship that was using Hydrospanner, clearly a copy/paste issue :P
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

HeatRacer
11.13.2017 , 07:39 PM | #38
I am curious and interested to know your reasoning for using Speed Thrusters in most of your builds instead of Regen. What is the velocity difference between the speed of a boosting Regen Thruster ship vs a non-boosting Speed Thruster version of the same ship?

Speed difference aside, I'm just thinking Regen would help make sure there's enough power left to use Engine maneuvers to break missile locks, or recover from an Ion hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

phalczen
11.13.2017 , 07:43 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post
I am curious and interested to know your reasoning for using Speed Thrusters in most of your builds instead of Regen. What is the velocity difference between the speed of a boosting Regen Thruster ship vs a non-boosting Speed Thruster version of the same ship?
Scouts got a buff to top speed when in F3 with 5.5, so they benefit a heckuva lot more from speed thrusters than any other ship. I'm guessing the extra speed helps create enough distance to minimize enemy locks on you. The point isn't about boosting endurance, which the strike is now good at, as much as it is about getting out of their lock range.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Drakkolich
11.13.2017 , 10:36 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post

Speed difference aside, I'm just thinking Regen would help make sure there's enough power left to use Engine maneuvers to break missile locks, or recover from an Ion hit.
Because of the additional speed boosts to F3 for Scouts and Strikes and the fact that Strikes have an extra whopping 33 engine power now in the tank you don't really need Regen anymore. Especially because with Speed you get from point A to point B faster and by using less Engine power. Running Double speed allows me to take advantage of the new +30% Speed in F3 even more because F3 modifies the ships upgrades as well.

The differences in speed on a T1 Strike fighter are as follows:
No speed upgrades: 806m/s in F4 1047m/s in F3
1 Speed upgrade: 886.6m/s in F4 1152.58 in F3
2 Speed upgrades: 967.2m/s in F4 1257.36m/s in F3

Alright so that explains what I'm getting out of taking them, next what do I use all that speed for?

So these double Speed builds are for Deathmatch only. Right now missiles are very important in the game so being able to dissengage combat is super important, if you're faster then your opponent then after you use your missile break there is no way for them to relock you. This is also why I'm using Barrel roll, once I use that break I need to LOS until it comes back up again before I can engage anyone so using Barrel + Max speed makes sure no one can follow me.

All this speed also has many other benefits, I can get to my teammates that are calling for help faster, I can get to Damage Overcharge must faster and I can also spend my "dissengaged time" while waiting for my cooldown to return to gather the other power ups. Many times I'm gathering as many blues and purples as possible to leave up Yellows for my team, as running out of ammo can be a problem for an all missile comp that isn't running repairs.

Now since you spend a lot of time Dissengaged now, you have plenty of time to recharge that huge tank the Strike fighter has which means you don't need Regen thrusters.

That's probably more detail then you were hoping for but I hope you got the answer you were looking for.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream