So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

DarthFamine

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always played online games and honestly i never noticed something fishy on Wz....and in every game with a big player base or a script problem, actions were taken to slow downà/stop the scripters..i think that's simply lag..and don't forget that don't being able to inspect the enemy can change your idea about stats or damage..you can never know if a guy has a nar-shaddaa slave outfit with full EWH inside..

How much questionable game play is just the ghost in the machine.

I have an older high end machine; and I know for a fact lag is sometimes hard to tell from FPS or how my machine and the servers run processes. I have been in PVE play and had my companion fighting invisible enemies that are not using an in game cloaking ability. My tin-foil hat crafting skill must be really high if I start to blame NPS's for using hacks.

As far as PVP, I was revived in a WZ and was not there. I could only see my fire from weapons and AOE symbols. I was able to go right into the middle of a fight and start dealing but not receiving damage (this all happened when I was running 3-9 fps). I also notice when running low fps, I am not able to target with qwik keys or my target lock breaks. Mine and the other players movement and ability speeds/cooldowns are not predictable or appear to be in sync. My machine does make spec, but for many possible reasons the appearance of a hack may be created in game play. (Machine compatibility and its affect on other users is another topic)

There is the reality of knowing that somebody has so little self esteem and so much time on their hands that they want to exploit these possibilities for hacking the game (that whole teams of the top 5% of game designers and product manufacturers have the time to predict/solve or have to leave open for compatibility).

Why cheat if some ones skills are at this level. They must have major real-life issues to work at fabricating a hack to gain an advantage against other people in an imaginary game (or have major financial motivation). If some one needs to bypass all of the already easily accesible and EULA legal ways to gain an advantage in any MMO, they need to seek real help.

And don't tell me to report them because that doesn't solve the problem.

By the time they are reported the damage is done and the match is over. Then there's the investigation which takes who knows how long.

So instead of doing what you should do, you make a QQ post on the Forums.

That's the way to get things done and show dem hackers what was who! gg

Posting Video doesn't do much either, even if they are hacking, I've posted 3 of the same guy hacking and the thread got deleted even when it's Obvious. and they are still there doing the same thing. and his guildies back him up saying it's not a hack it's Guardian leap, even it's its a 200meter leap. Yeah ok....

Here's how u can tell if somethings being done, or you just wrong. Player "Aaaaaa" you suspect of cheating/hacking/exploiting you report them with a description of the event. When you get that freaking stupid generated email from BW saying that they'll look into this but won't say anything about it, try /ignoring "Aaaaaa". If you are right "Aaaaaa does not exsist" will pop up. If not, you just ignore him. Now as said before the first time odds are they geta week suspension followed by a ban, so you may just see them again after a bit. I personally know of 27 players as of today that have been perma-banned (or cancelled accounts wither way win). I do go back into old tickets and check. 1 guy was so tenacious (and stupid) he started a new account 3 different times and leveled a different toon all the way to 50.. He then shows up in one of my wz's with the exact same stupid name +/- a letter or 2, and hes hacking again. 2 of those toons are banned, and the 3rd is currently at 50 and he is playing clean for now. Point is, it may not be as "permenant" as we'd hope, but they as getting their butt kicked for it. I have been wrong in the past when reporting someone, but when whole guilds fall under the ban hammer I know BW is making strides (slow albeit).

On a side note, as sick as i am about the cheats in this game, i'm even sicker of so called "elitists" saying L2p!! Either your not observant/aware enough to notice the subtle cheats people use and have used since this game started (i.e. stealth/insta caps, lag throttles, teleports, speed hacks that dont have to be super speed they can be subtle speed hacks as well, and now scripts, etc.), or you are using them and just want to create distrust in what honest, fed-up players are experiencing and venting about. And stop asking for "video or it didnt happen"! I'm not wasting performance on my already old pc just to violate the tos and be just as guilty as the others. I don't name names, I'm not going to record them! So quit trolling, and if you don't have a problem with hackers **** and go about your business.

Hacks do exsist, alot of players use them, and that number has grown significantly since free to play. There's not a day that goes by when something happens. Its time we demand proper attention be paid to pvp in general (balance issues, exploits, hacks, etc.) Until Bw decides to take decisive action, devote significant resourses to pvp instead of focusing on pve, and get in-game managment (game masters or whatever they're called) nothing will change and subcriptions will be lost. For all its flaws I truly enjoy the game, but lets do something please!

Cool story. What's your point?

His point is that many people confuse certain legimate abilities / lags / bugs for hacks.

I know I have in the past (seeing someone intervene to stealthed character for the first time = teleport hack)

His point is that many people confuse certain legimate abilities / lags / bugs for hacks.

I know I have in the past (seeing someone intervene to stealthed character for the first time = teleport hack)

And why this confusion experienced by some (rather noobish) people should prevent Bioware from taking any meaningful action to stop the hacking?

I play on POTF and I've seen these hacks that the OP referring to. In fact I too have seen it happen 2-3 times in one day, most of which were teleporting/speed hacks. I know that some of you might not see it happen, but unfortunateley it does, and it is a problem. Those of you asking for video proof there is a website called Youtube, go to it, search swtor pvp hacks/warzone hacks, there are videos that date all the way back to the begining of the game and up to the present day swtor. There is all the video proof that you need on that website. I will now supply a link for you at the bottom of this post. All joking aside, there really is a good bit of video footage on youtube of these hacks occurring. If you are interested in viewing please proceed!

http://www.youtube.com

Edited by Tommey

And why this confusion experienced by some (rather noobish) people should prevent Bioware from taking any meaningful action to stop the hacking?

Your point rests on the - unproven - assumption that there IS widespread hacking and not just confusion by players about bugs/lags/class abilities.

lol, I dont get why people want so much to believe that there is not a hacking problem in this game when there is. It's almost like they are a little kid covering their ears and yelling "lalalalalalalalalalala i cant hear you lalalalala" trying to ignore what is really going on. In Thier defence it may not be a prevalent issue on your server, but for some of us it is. I still would like to know why some of the players are so hard set on attacking anyone who brings up the subject of hacking, asking for video proof (when it is available through youtube), or just downright disrespecting the creator of the thread. Edited by Tommey

Those of you asking for video proof there is a website called Youtube, go to it, search swtor pvp hacks/warzone hacks, there are videos that date all the way back to the begining of the game and up to the present day swtor. [/url]

Just thought I should check.

Well done. First page of 22 vids from "SWTOR hacks PvP" is:

a) 11x vids from a year ago - it's a year ago because Bioware fixed the early speedhacking bug, this no longer works and is not relevant to the game today

b) 3 x Gingers - the individual on Pot5 who had his speedhack over the Christmas holiday, and got banned

c) 4 x people calling lag or bugs, hacks

d) 4 x assorted advertising, moaning about patch 1.2, a 2v4 fight vid

So I've gone to the trouble of checking your "evidence" and there's nothing there (on the first page at least). Maybe there is this evidence somewhere else in the netiverse, but it isn't easily available on Youtube as you claim - rather it appears to be totally absent. Saying "if you go on Youtube and it's full of vids that prove cheating is common in SWTOR PvP" is demonstrably not true.

Honest advice: you'd enjoy the game a lot more if you adjusted your world view. People who beat you or do something you don't understand are probably simply better than you, and not cheating (though some will always try to cheat if they can get away with it).

Rather than add to the simpleton's chorus of "HAXX!!! CHEATERS EVERYWHERE!!!11!!" you could work out how to improve your performance in PvP through gear, use of your abilities, tactics and countering opponents' abilities (people who say they know all about their class so there's nothing to improve are talking rubbish - you can always improve). Then you'd win more, have more fun, and best of all not have to live with the corrosive feeling of being cheated - which is in any case totally unnecessary, because you aren't being cheated.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Just thought I should check.

Well done. First page of 22 vids from "SWTOR hacks PvP" is:

a) 11x vids from a year ago - it's a year ago because Bioware fixed the early speedhacking bug, this no longer works and is not relevant to the game today

A. lol someone has no clue how to use youtube...try adjusting the filter to upload date of 1 month, or even a week ago if that evidence is too old for you. I'm sure you will find plenty of videos. it's really not that hard, but neither is being ignorant.

But it is availible on youtube, unless you are blind or maybe new to using a computer.

as for letter B. Direct proof that hacking is present in swtor.

C. I'm sure you've watched all the video criteria on there right?

D. Brings me right back to what i said for C, i'm sure you did watch them all right? every single one of them?

You have trouble checking my evidence because you cant seem to see that this is an issue in the game and people want it to be drawn out into the open.

Your right these hackers are better than i am. I guess it might be because i cant teleport acros half of the map in order to score a goal and then repeat the same process.

question for you! Lets say you were playing a single player game like nhl (just as an example) and the other team shot slapshots all day from their side of the rink and scored every time. would that be fair to you? does that sound like there would be any possiblity of enjoying the game? try to win when thingd likr that are thrown into the mix.

Edited by Tommey

lol someone has no clue how to use youtube...try adjusting the filter to upload date of 1 month, or even a week ago if that evidence is to old for you. I'm sure you will find plenty of videos. it's really not that hard, but niether is being ignorant.

More of my time wasted, but I did as you asked . I suspect you didn't look yourself before typing out your reply, as shown by the way you messed up writing a forum post. I won't mention whether you have a clue at playing SWTOR.

Anyway, 22 vids for "SWTOR hacks PvP" again, this time in the last month.

8 x Minecraft vids (eh?)

2 x advertising

1 x some other game trailer (Wolfire)

6 x game vids (4 x SWTOR PvP fight vids; 1 x French guild take Ilum World Boss; 1 x Corellia PvP event)

4 x people calling lag or bugs hacks (my favourite is complaining that Physics on Shadowlands are hacking in huttball - 10 mins so didn't watch it all, maybe they were - but I suspect not. They're a recognised good PvP guild and don't need hacks to smash randoms in huttball)

1 x advert for hacks - in some game called "Shakes & Fidget"

So no, still no evidence. Seriously, you would feel happier if you let go of the prejudice that PvP is full of hacking. Don't get locked into identifying yourself with a "cause" that's based on misperception, as it seems some have let themselves be. But in the meantime, Youtube doesn't show evidence of widespread hacking in SWTOR.

Edited by Wainamoinen

More of my time wasted, but I did as you asked . I suspect you didn't look yourself before typing out your reply, as shown by the way you messed up writing a forum post. I won't mention whether you have a clue at playing SWTOR.

Anyway, 22 vids for "SWTOR hacks PvP" again, this time in the last month.

8 x Minecraft vids (eh?)

2 x advertising

1 x some other game trailer (Wolfire)

6 x game vids (4 x SWTOR PvP fight vids; 1 x French guild take Ilum World Boss; 1 x Corellia PvP event)

4 x people calling lag or bugs hacks (my favourite is complaining that Physics on Shadowlands are hacking in huttball - 10 mins so didn't watch it all, maybe they were - but I suspect not. They're a recognised good PvP guild and don't need hacks to smash randoms in huttball)

1 x advert for hacks - in some game called "Shakes & Fidget"

So no, still no evidence. Seriously, you would feel happier if you let go of the prejudice that PvP is full of hacking. Don't get locked into identifying yourself with a "cause" that's based on misperception, as it seems some have let themselves be. But in the meantime, Youtube doesn't show evidence of widespread hacking in SWTOR.

I'm sorry i don't know how to write a forum post as i was not aware that you would nit pick how I write on a video game forum. would you prefer i use MLA? As long as you can read it i could care less. I'm writing a post on a video game forum, not an essay for my english professor.

I never said it was full of hacking, but it is a prevalent problem.

Oh, but there is evidence and you admited it yourself. That would be ginger. It doesn't matter if he's banned or not, it's still evidence.

Edited by Tommey

It doesn't matter if he's banned or not, it's still evidence.

Thread title:

"So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking"

Is banning someone meaningful? Is breaking the speedhack from a year ago (which the vid dates show Bioware have done) meaningful action? Perhaps you'd be satisfied with Bioware launching a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Gingers' house? Sadly the UN may object - after the event - if they tried the latter.

What evidence there is, shows hacking isn't a great problem. Which is rather the point.

Look, I'm a bit irritted, but trying not to be abrasive as I don't really want to have a go at you. I'm just trying to point out that cheating isn't as widespread as a section of players seem to think (and reinforce that belief by telling each other it is). You really seemed to think that Youtube was full of videos showing the game was riddled with cheating - it isn't, as our exchange has shown.

I enjoy the game, and PvP, and I really would like more people to enjoy it too. That's why I'm going on trying to show that PvP ISN'T ruined by rampant cheating (it might be ruined by rampant Smashing, or expertise, or gear, or nerfs to Crit, or even teams of stunlocking ops, but that's another matter and probably just down to opinion).

If you go back and try PvP with an open mind, accept that lag happens, the game's a bit buggy, sometimes you're simply outmatched, and there are an awful lot of abilites to keep track of so not everything is cheating - then you might find you're enjoying yourself. Which would be a Good Thing, from everyone's point of view.

Edited by Wainamoinen