Cyber or Armormech?

Codle

Title says it all really. I almost always go with the Biochem route simply for Medpacs and Stims, since I find they make leveling easier and that they're good for end-game. However, on my newly made Commando (Speccing into Combat Medic, if that makes any difference at all) I've decided to take a different route. I think Armormech or Cybertech would be my best bet, looking towards endgame crafting in particular. What exactly can Armormech craft at endgame that's useful other than Augments?

I'm aware of Cybertech at endgame because my Merc has 400 Cyber.

If I'm wrong and shouldn't go with either, please tell me :D

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, just like Synthweaving, Armomech doesn't have much aside from augments and augment kits for endgame stuff.

But since you already have Cybertech, no point in leveling another one. Also, Armomech is great for a Trooper. Vik has +5 crit for Armomech and +1 for UT, and the robot (dont remember its name) as a +5 for scavenging.

If you don't go Biochem, go with Armomech. I'm hoping BW will be boosting this profession at some point.

Title says it all really. I almost always go with the Biochem route simply for Medpacs and Stims, since I find they make leveling easier and that they're good for end-game. However, on my newly made Commando (Speccing into Combat Medic, if that makes any difference at all) I've decided to take a different route. I think Armormech or Cybertech would be my best bet, looking towards endgame crafting in particular. What exactly can Armormech craft at endgame that's useful other than Augments?

Thanks in advance!

Well hear me out... Maybe Artifice?.... I know... its crazy:), but look, you already got a Cyber 400, and I am assuming a Bio 400. So you got implants/medpacks/stims, and ear/armoring/mods covered. With a bit of leg work on those other toons and some legacy gear, you could craft all your leveling gear without depending on drops or the GTN. The only thing you would be "short" on is barrel, but a small sacrifice since you have access to everything else but that...

At endgame, enhancements and hilts fetch a pretty penny, as well as quality OHs/enh/hits from level 30-45, since those levels are where you need quality pieces to move through content easier... I make alot of money selling augments for level 35-41. I am sure OHs would sell similarly....

Also if you have a ship repair droid, buy the artifice/TH bonus sensor, so you can send the ship droid out for TH mats and crafting.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Also if you have a ship repair droid, buy the artifice/TH bonus sensor, so you can send the ship droid out for TH mats and crafting.

There's sensor to boost Artifice crit chance, which is really what matters. Only way to get a really small buff is using HK-51, which provides +1 crit chance to any crafting profession.

There's sensor to boost Artifice crit chance, which is really what matters. Only way to get a really small buff is using HK-51, which provides +1 crit chance to any crafting profession.

It's +10 Artifice efficiency, so he crafts faster, and +2 TH crit, so more purples on TH missions... You also get the advantage of having your "real companions" rolling with you, instead of crafting or going on missions while you are leveling....

Artifice is THE worst choice for a trooper. Absolutely NO synergy with the trooper's companions.

That's not the point.... he is leveling a Trooper alt.... Synergy is irrelevant because he has Cyber/Bio already.. Troopers companions are Bio/Cyber/Arms.... He could go Arms, but arms is really only good for augments @ endgame. Barrels sell as well, but you only need one or two versus 7 Enhancements and you still can make hilts....

If he wants to be self sufficient while leveling and in the future, Artifice makes the best choice given the crafts he already has IMO...

It's just food for though. If I wanted straight money potential, I would make a SLI/UT/SCAV and buy the UT droid buff.... Funnel those mats to the Cyber, craft endgame armorings/mods....

Edited by L-RANDLE

Artifice is THE worst choice for a trooper. Absolutely NO synergy with the trooper's companions.

While it might have little synergy with the Trooper and their companion during leveling, you apparently missed reading this part of OP...

However, on my newly made Commando (Speccing into Combat Medic, if that makes any difference at all) I've decided to take a different route. I think Armormech or Cybertech would be my best bet, looking towards endgame crafting in particular.[/Quote]

In which case, the previous suggestion of taking up Artifice is pretty sound advice. Already having a Biochem and Cybertech pretty much leaves Artifice as the last End Game crafting option of any worth. And, once at 400, combined with the other toons, can craft anything needed except barrels for any and all custom gear and the last equipment spot not covered by biochem (the earpiece). So with artifice the OP would gain end game crafting capabilities worth a damn and worth some credits, and cover the last base to pretty much gear up any character present or future almost completely.

Thanks in advance!

If you are going with any wielder of light sabers, Artifice. It will keep your toon in purple hilts, generators, crystals, and even augments. Can compliment your cyber tech in gearing the alt to blow through content. Has some worth end game too. If you are doing it just for end game, go with this.

if you are going with the trooper, I would go arms. It will compliment your current trade skills in keeping him geared. Armor is a non issue as you can easily gear him in mod gear and just use mods, not have to keep buying armor. Mine are usually all orange gear by the time they hit 20 (except for ears, implants that my bio makes for them). Up to that level, gear is pretty cheap and you only need greens and some blues if you have purples and blues in your mod weapons.

Edited by Blackardin