Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concentration/Fury on Parsely Leaderboards??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Concentration/Fury on Parsely Leaderboards??

ottffsse
09.28.2017 , 12:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Is this for real? Like to they really round up to the closest 0.1s? I see the 3-4 APM difference you are talking about in the top fury parses on parsely (with people having the exact same rotation, higher APM generally has a bit less crit, but still parses a few hundred more). This would affect more than just Fury tho, unless I don't understand what you just said. Please elaborate.

(can someone also tell me what % 1850 is for cause I gotta math stuff)
Yes I think it would affect all specs - but it would be more significant on specs with many auto-crit procs on others it would be just trading higher apm for less crit damage or vise-versa.

Eloi_BG
09.28.2017 , 01:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Yes I think it would affect all specs - but it would be more significant on specs with many auto-crit procs on others it would be just trading higher apm for less crit damage or vise-versa.
Good point about the autocrits. My issue is really about the round-up tho. I'd be very surprised if it's so clumsily done (rounding up to closest 0.1s). I mean that would make lots of alacrity changes useless (as in if you add 300 alacrity but it takes you from a 1.42 GCD to a 1.37 GCD then it doesn't change a thing). I'd test it in game but wont be able to until tomorrow.

Note: Values are random just for the sake of making my point clear.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

shyroman
09.28.2017 , 01:14 PM | #23
Is this for real? Like to they really round up to the closest 0.1s? I see the 3-4 APM difference you are talking about in the top fury parses on parsely (with people having the exact same rotation, higher APM generally has a bit less crit, but still parses a few hundred more). This would affect more than just Fury tho, unless I don't understand what you just said. Please elaborate.

It makes sense mathematically, the amount of GCD's you get with a 1.3 second gcd is 46.15, and with a 1.4 second GCD it is 42.86, which is a 3.29 difference, the other off the gcd abilities aren't affected as much which is what would bring that down to around 3. It doesn't quite make sense with rounding though because with 1840 alacrity on my sorc my gcd is brought down to exactly 1.3 seconds (doesn't need to round), but there definitely is a very noticeable difference in fury with a very small alacrity change. 1840 alacrity gives me 15.29% alacrity.

Also when I tested a 1.3 second (what is says on castbar) lightning strike vs a 1.2 second lightning strike by just changing 1 augment, the minimum cast time for 1.3 seconds was 1.282 through 50 tries, while for 1.2 seconds I had a minimum time of 1.228 seconds. Both of them had an average around 1.3 seconds however (1.305 vs 1.302 respectively).
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Eloi_BG
09.28.2017 , 01:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
It makes sense mathematically, the amount of GCD's you get with a 1.3 second gcd is 46.15, and with a 1.4 second GCD it is 42.86, which is a 3.29 difference, the other off the gcd abilities aren't affected as much which is what would bring that down to around 3. It doesn't quite make sense with rounding though because with 1840 alacrity on my sorc my gcd is brought down to exactly 1.3 seconds (doesn't need to round), but there definitely is a very noticeable difference in fury with a very small alacrity change. 1840 alacrity gives me 15.29% alacrity.

Also when I tested a 1.3 second (what is says on castbar) lightning strike vs a 1.2 second lightning strike by just changing 1 augment, the minimum cast time for 1.3 seconds was 1.282 through 50 tries, while for 1.2 seconds I had a minimum time of 1.228 seconds. Both of them had an average around 1.3 seconds however (1.305 vs 1.302 respectively).
This is so weird. Thanks for sharing, will look into it.

shyroman
09.28.2017 , 02:37 PM | #25
Did a bunch of testing, turns out that the gcd scaling is really weird. If you have a 1.31s gcd it will round to 1.4 seconds. It isn't until you get just below (or exactly) 1.3 seconds that you get the 1.3s gcd.
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Eloi_BG
09.28.2017 , 02:39 PM | #26
Did a bunch of testing, turns out that the gcd scaling is really weird. If you have a 1.31s gcd it will round to 1.4 seconds. It isn't until you get just below (or exactly) 1.3 seconds that you get the 1.3s gcd.
I'm just here wondering how no one spotted this before. You talking averages? (cause your average with force lightning didn't change in your earlier post)

yellow_
09.28.2017 , 02:41 PM | #27

Just by mousing over your abilities it suggests that any rounding going on is to the hundredth of a second at the least. Sure, if you're casting something like snipe it rounds to the tenth on the castbar but based on other information I see no reason to believe that isn't a purely visual thing to keep those mostly pointless hundredths of a second off the castbar in the UI.

I'm open to the possibility of this extra alacrity enhancement sweet spot existing, but I am very skeptical that any of the explanations for it (if it's real) in this thread are correct.

shyroman
09.28.2017 , 02:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
Just by mousing over your abilities it suggests that any rounding going on is to the hundredth of a second at the least. Sure, if you're casting something like snipe it rounds to the tenth on the castbar but based on other information I see no reason to believe that isn't a purely visual thing to keep those mostly pointless hundredths of a second off the castbar in the UI.

I'm open to the possibility of this extra alacrity enhancement sweet spot existing, but I am very skeptical that any of the explanations for it (if it's real) in this thread are correct.
http://parsely.io/parser/view/318745
http://parsely.io/parser/view/318743

The first parse is with 1 less alacrity augment than the 2nd. My connection is stable and I sit at 15 ms. The second one was just above the alacrity threshold to reach 1.3 seconds on the gcd while the first one was slightly below. I've tried this for multiple classes (lightning sorc and marksman sniper) and found very similar results. I've also tried the same thing but with the threshold to reach 1.4 seconds and found the exact same thing for all of those specs. I've also had someone else test the same things and they've found similar results. The abilities that are cast/channeled that are longer than 1 gcd seem to round to the nearest .01 second which is unnoticeable but abilities that are instant or are exactly 1 gcd always act like it's rounding up.
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

shyroman
09.28.2017 , 02:58 PM | #29
I'm just here wondering how no one spotted this before. You talking averages? (cause your average with force lightning didn't change in your earlier post)
Those averages were the same because I didn't use the right alacrity, both of those averages were in the same threshold of 1.3 seconds.
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Eloi_BG
09.28.2017 , 03:02 PM | #30
Those averages were the same because I didn't use the right alacrity, both of those averages were in the same threshold of 1.3 seconds.
Thanks that clears it up. Also from reading your answer to doc, seems like instant abilities are more affected (cause no casts). So a melee would get more benefit.