Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well this Fury buff was terrible anyone else think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Well this Fury buff was terrible anyone else think?

DarthSealth
08.24.2017 , 04:35 AM | #1
I think this is a disservice to the player base of this spec.
I wonder why player base has been falling because of the disservice.
RNG, Constant Nerfs, False promises, Constant change of direction.
Plus it's like they've made every spec underperform because of the increase of gear keeping the players in this endless cycle where you see no "actual" improvement.
East End ,Londoner. Cockney a dying breed.
British equates (Sarcasm x Endearment)
Just my referral link:-
http://www.swtor.com/r/FjCtpt

ottffsse
08.24.2017 , 05:08 AM | #2
They need to split PvE and PvP balancing somehow. Best would be that utilities or ability "buff" modifiers from the advanced class utilities in the class progression tree scale differently in PvP vs PvE map to insure proper balancing, but this is not going to happen as devs say "screw it", too complicated/requires too much time and resources. This however require lots of testing, like lots of testing on pts by real players - not just computer dps simulations - so yeah not gonna happen.

What I am saying is that certain classes that naturally would do well in a PvP setting because of how they play/ - are designed - Fury, Concealment, Madness for instance to name some, would potentially become quickly OP or very nearly so in a PvP setting and everyone would q_q if their damage were to be scaled up to their appropriate PvE target. Somehow this unfortunate situation should be resolved or we have a separation of advanced class disciplines aimed at PvP and others at PvE which is kind of what it is now.

themachinemann
08.24.2017 , 05:57 AM | #3
you've said it's terrible without saying what you think the spec needs. "I think this is a disservice to the player base of this spec.".... what is "this"? why?

I think it's in a good spot. for pvp it has high immunity, great defensives and good burst. for pve it's parsing as expected. it's not a choice spec for any hm/nim boss fights because it's not meant to be. it's ridiculously easy to play and in a different category to carnage and annihilation. they can't make it ridiculously easy to play and have insane damage... oh wait are you a smash monkey?

they gave it a slight buff, which is much better than the usual method of class balance which is to shuffle around the fotm class by making sweeping changes. could've been time better spent fixing other classes but whatever.

DarthSealth
08.24.2017 , 09:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by themachinemann View Post
you've said it's terrible without saying what you think the spec needs. "I think this is a disservice to the player base of this spec.".... what is "this"? why?

I think it's in a good spot. for pvp it has high immunity, great defensives and good burst. for pve it's parsing as expected. it's not a choice spec for any hm/nim boss fights because it's not meant to be. it's ridiculously easy to play and in a different category to carnage and annihilation. they can't make it ridiculously easy to play and have insane damage... oh wait are you a smash monkey?

they gave it a slight buff, which is much better than the usual method of class balance which is to shuffle around the fotm class by making sweeping changes. could've been time better spent fixing other classes but whatever.
The original intention of a Fury was as a semi burst and semi aoe spec. The aoe part lacks I've made numerous posts on this and any player who plays the spec knows.
Example.
1) Smash on autocrit hits weaker than Force Scream which shouldn't be the case unless the autocrit was shared between Force Scream and Smash instead of Smash and Raging Burst.
2) The numbers in the burst counterpart is far from the best.
3) The slight buff doesn't make a substantial difference because of what the buff is applied to.
4) If they was going to buff anything to do with this spec buff Smash back to what is once was instead of leaving it nerfed and instead of favouring Juggernauts with Vengful Slam. But I guess it's one rule for some and another rule for the other.

SalsaChupacabra
08.24.2017 , 02:46 PM | #5
Unfortunately they can't/won't do anything more to it because of PVP. I miss how Fury used to be (high AoE burst decent single target). This bastardized semi-DOT single target burst spec that it has become is just dull and unworkable in PVE, but the PVP potential is still there at least so it's not a complete wash.

shyroman
08.24.2017 , 02:47 PM | #6
Does good damage in pve while not being op in pvp, fury is in a good spot now, it's just super boring.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

DarthSealth
08.25.2017 , 01:05 PM | #7
Plus they could up the AOE simply by changing the kinetic dmg over 3 seconds of Force Crush to affect a radius and using it in conjunction with Smash the AOE would be more effective.

ottffsse
08.28.2017 , 04:13 PM | #8
Well in terms of balancing adjustments it seems bioware hit the correct mark on Maras and Snipers given that Fury seems to be capable of of doing very excellent damage now (10,3K). Not saying that number is realistic in an in game scenario given delicate zen uptime for your resources but it seems to fall in line between Anni and Carnage, at least in an "ideal" rotation/setting. Wish they could balance some other classes as well as they did Maras and snipers.
Sure there is the arguement that classes with off-heal capability (ops, sorcs) should have lower dps for balance sake but that is not exactly accurate as those classes use off-heals with active abilities - which in turn diminish their dps output even further as they are using active healing abilities consuming gcds instead of dps attacks while Maras and snipers have excellent passive mitigation of incoming damage.

DarthSealth
08.31.2017 , 02:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Well in terms of balancing adjustments it seems bioware hit the correct mark on Maras and Snipers given that Fury seems to be capable of of doing very excellent damage now (10,3K). Not saying that number is realistic in an in game scenario given delicate zen uptime for your resources but it seems to fall in line between Anni and Carnage, at least in an "ideal" rotation/setting. Wish they could balance some other classes as well as they did Maras and snipers.
Sure there is the arguement that classes with off-heal capability (ops, sorcs) should have lower dps for balance sake but that is not exactly accurate as those classes use off-heals with active abilities - which in turn diminish their dps output even further as they are using active healing abilities consuming gcds instead of dps attacks while Maras and snipers have excellent passive mitigation of incoming damage.
Well if that is the case give mara's self heal and extra health abilities like just the Juggernaut sub-class? Because you don't know how many times it would have saved my skin similar to that of a DPS juggernaut/sorc/merc/operative etc. But if you're using statistics they're not counting only the AOE capability of the spec because originally it was suppose to be semi AOE and semi burst a viable choice for all round situations not the best at any specific situation.

DarthSealth
08.31.2017 , 02:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SalsaChupacabra View Post
Unfortunately they can't/won't do anything more to it because of PVP. I miss how Fury used to be (high AoE burst decent single target). This bastardized semi-DOT single target burst spec that it has become is just dull and unworkable in PVE, but the PVP potential is still there at least so it's not a complete wash.
I too miss it they can do something and that's either swap Carnage and Fury around in burst perceptive and turn Carnage into a semi considering the CC immunity isn't available meaning the spec (Carnage) is less viable for PvP.

That would solve matters I doubt people would use the another two specs over Fury in PvP.