Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how the actual crap am i supposed to beat vaylin's spirit in chapter 9 in kotet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
how the actual crap am i supposed to beat vaylin's spirit in chapter 9 in kotet

swedishranger
01.21.2017 , 06:14 PM | #1
i'm soooo confused i upgraded my gear and everything i watched tutorials yet i cant get her lower than 90% before i die and also i have used the memory's of health they don't do jack squat she does SOOOOO much damage everything is repaired i just don't know anymore if i cant finish this i swear....

if you need more details ask....

Scattershot
01.25.2017 , 04:43 AM | #2
I got it third go, just stay out of red circle and keep you distance, try and get her close to the healing spirits as it heals you it increases the damage she receives and just keep moving, hit and run I found was the best tactic

thepilk
01.31.2017 , 01:40 AM | #3
She has a circle around her at all times, attacks from outside that circle reflect the damage..so need to be very close to her and remember not to use things like twin saber throw, clashing blasts, or dispatch whenever youre outside of it because youll do heavy damage to yourself.

Other than that, whenever she channels Force Blast, interupt it, and if you cannot then prepare yourself for a huge knockback.. during the channel position yourself so that youll get launched into the bigger rocks or the staircase, otherwise youll get knocked entirely off the level.

She has another log channel ability that i forget the name of, where she hovers in place, that one you have to run out of the effect of, which might require trancendence or blade blitz to get clear of.

other than those things, its just regular stuff.. make sure you have medpacs, use defense cooldowns, id recommend the utility ability that heals you for 3% when youre hit while saber ward is active, and remember your heroic moment (though also remember that damage reflect mechanic she has when you start spamming those heroic moment abilities)
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com

Snarfleblaster
02.01.2017 , 10:39 PM | #4
Sorry to say most of these tips work great maybe, but not for a trooper who has to stay stationary for most of their damaging attacks.

Scattershot
02.09.2017 , 03:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Snarfleblaster View Post
Sorry to say most of these tips work great maybe, but not for a trooper who has to stay stationary for most of their damaging attacks.
I'm sure there are different tactics over in the vanguard/powertech forum for your trooper

Equeliber
02.09.2017 , 11:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Snarfleblaster View Post
No commando or Vanguard spec needs to be stationary. Vanguard is 100% mobile, there are literally no casts.

Commando needs to take the utility that allows to cast full auto/boltstorm on the move. Then you are like 80% mobile.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Lhuv
02.10.2017 , 01:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
No commando or Vanguard spec needs to be stationary. Vanguard is 100% mobile, there are literally no casts.

Commando needs to take the utility that allows to cast full auto/boltstorm on the move. Then you are like 80% mobile.
Only half way true! There is one cast: Artillery Blitz! But it is mobile. 😉

Yezzan
03.05.2017 , 02:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by thepilk View Post

She has another log channel ability that i forget the name of, where she hovers in place, that one you have to run out of the effect of, which might require trancendence or blade blitz to get clear of.
if she gets hit by one of the green healing memory shards, during this channel, it will end the fight (kill her).

kaylaeallen
04.02.2017 , 05:59 AM | #9
When I first tried this, I was a Jedi Shadow on the damage discipline with no companion because I didn't recapture Valkorian's father, and the battle may very well have been impossible. It was certainly frustrating.

I changed my discipline to tank. I still had no healing but I took less damage than when my discipline was damage. Then I just ran around getting Vaylin into as many of the green circles as possible. If I needed to heal myself, I would take a green circle for myself. I also made sure I was able to loose Vaylin's hold on me (you know when she just smashes you up and down forever?) and stop her current action.

It took me maybe two tries after I changed to tank. It might have taken less if I had been able to change my discipline to heal.

I hope this helps someone!

jedi_brandier
05.22.2017 , 08:12 PM | #10
I still can't beat her and personally getting tired of the BS in ET. I started playing this game with my daughter and with KotFE and KotEt we can't play together. We're both subs and are really put out about it. If both story-lines weren't solo only we might have a chance. Neither of us are 'professional' pc gamers and not thrilled with set up of these storylines. Love the story just not the gameplay.