Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

Alex_York's Avatar


Alex_York
12.24.2016 , 03:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
Follow his priority system for precision/ferocity windows and take the utilities that grant better movement, root breaks, and sticking power (can take pacify DR buff instead of blade blitz root break for more survivability but less movement) and that's mostly everything you'll need. Delaying precision for a couple seconds for a larger burst (to wait for lance or something like that) is beneficial in pvp to kill people where it isn't in pve.
Yeah that I knew, I'm mostly interested about stats\gearing.
Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

Frenesi's Avatar


Frenesi
12.24.2016 , 05:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahadori View Post
Can you specifically point out these typo's mate? As you can imagine translating over from one to the other things are bound to be missed. Additionally, check the bottom right of each page... there's a "back to the top" button for that reason.
Ok, one moment :P

Rotation/Ferocity Priority
3.Devastating Blast (With Opportune Attack proc)


Aaaand that's all i can find, lol. Could have sworn I've seen more yesterday :P
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
12.24.2016 , 07:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenesi View Post
Ok, one moment :P

Rotation/Ferocity Priority
3.Devastating Blast (With Opportune Attack proc)


Aaaand that's all i can find, lol. Could have sworn I've seen more yesterday :P
Fixed! No worries mate. I appreciate the help proofreading it. After hours and hours of work everything just starts to blend LOL. Every expansion I seem to always miss something when translating the guides, so thanks for helping me fix that

Salminger's Avatar


Salminger
12.24.2016 , 08:11 AM | #14
Thank for the guide!

I'm curious about the relics. I assume you ran the numbers and mathematically it is simply better but why do you get mix of power and mastery relics? I would have thought double mastery was better considering mastery also contributes to critical chance/multiplier.

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
12.24.2016 , 09:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Salminger View Post
Thank for the guide!

I'm curious about the relics. I assume you ran the numbers and mathematically it is simply better but why do you get mix of power and mastery relics? I would have thought double mastery was better considering mastery also contributes to critical chance/multiplier.
I'm assuming by double mastery you're referring to using two Focused Retribution relics. If that is indeed what you meant you would not want to do that. If you equip two of the same relic only one will proc, the other is wasted, meaning you cannot double proc the same relic.

shyroman's Avatar


shyroman
12.24.2016 , 09:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex_York View Post
Yeah that I knew, I'm mostly interested about stats\gearing.
I haven't done too much experimenting with gear, but I have tried removing some alacrity for crit as well as power and my burst felt lackluster compared to with high alacrity. The slight increase in damage per hit was nothing compared to being able to fit a 4th ability in precision under zen. I have yet tried removing most of my accuracy for crit/power due to lack of pieces (rip rng) and I haven't bothered to buy the 230s yet. My guess is that the best thing to do is replace accuracy with mostly power and a bit of crit due to crit diminishing returns.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
12.24.2016 , 05:48 PM | #17
Update:

Hey guys for the Carnage guide there was a mistake in the rotation image in the "Burst 2" line. The first Massacre and Battering Assault under Berserk SHOULD BE swapped compared to "Burst 1" That change has been made and the guide is updated to reflect it. My fault for Copy and Pasting "Burst 1" and forgetting to swap them

Salminger's Avatar


Salminger
12.25.2016 , 01:10 PM | #18
Sorry to bother you again but I took closer look at your gearing recomendations and my eye got caught by the crystal usage (compared to your 4.0 numbers) and then I realized that pretty much every tier of gear has different approach towards striving for each stat (e.g. alacrity is gained through diffferent "stat distributors" in every tier... like via augments, mods and whatnot) and it got me wondering if you set out to achieve certain ceiling goal for each individual stat and then just kind of filled in the blank (pardon the expression ) or if you "just" did the math for each tier and as a result each stat is being differently treated to get the optimal DPS values.

Basically I'm curious about the thought process behind the stat distribution (and why is it being approached differently in every tier).

thanks again, cheers

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
12.25.2016 , 02:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Salminger View Post
Sorry to bother you again but I took closer look at your gearing recomendations and my eye got caught by the crystal usage (compared to your 4.0 numbers) and then I realized that pretty much every tier of gear has different approach towards striving for each stat (e.g. alacrity is gained through diffferent "stat distributors" in every tier... like via augments, mods and whatnot) and it got me wondering if you set out to achieve certain ceiling goal for each individual stat and then just kind of filled in the blank (pardon the expression ) or if you "just" did the math for each tier and as a result each stat is being differently treated to get the optimal DPS values.

Basically I'm curious about the thought process behind the stat distribution (and why is it being approached differently in every tier).

thanks again, cheers
The stats come from a simulation model. Basically the model is front loaded with all the possible combinations of stats/gear for the given item level being looked at and the stat values desired. The model then runs all of those configurations numerous times and takes the average of each distribution set up. The setup with the highest average is what you're seeing in the guide. So the reason they differ from item level to item level is because that is more or less what the model showed was optimal for each given item level. Hopefully all of that makes sense lol

The crystals and gearing recommendations do not matter all that much though. Having different crystals is not going to cause a noticeable change in your DPS while in game.

Salminger's Avatar


Salminger
12.25.2016 , 04:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahadori View Post
The crystals and gearing recommendations do not matter all that much though. Having different crystals is not going to cause a noticeable change in your DPS while in game.
Of course, I just wanted to show my train of thought

Thanks for the clarification, I really do appreciate it.