Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Annihilation Marauder / Watchman Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Class Changes: Annihilation Marauder / Watchman Sentinel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

joshfoust
09.28.2017 , 04:23 PM | #81
gonna be exciting to test these changes live.
Lunchboxi/Sarahpaleing
Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGn...XNgd8evEECkyww

tenweg
09.29.2017 , 02:26 PM | #82
My opinion (PVE player):

Due to increased need of mobility of Melees in operation fights compared to Ranged DPS classes, I suggest that the Melee's basic DPS should be higher than the Ranged's basic DPS.

Additional, I have understood a DOT spec as it should be superior in long fights over burst specs --> The Annihilation Marauder or the Watchman Sentinel ought to have a higher single target DPS over time (!) than a Melee burst spec.
Especially the Ranged DPS should be lower in general (not by much, but a little 2 or 3 %).

The changes the SWTOR team is about to make do not really fit into my thoughts... Reducing the Watchman / Annihilation DPS does not fit a Melee DOT spec...
What do you think ?

Equeliber
09.30.2017 , 02:36 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by tenweg View Post
My opinion (PVE player):

Due to increased need of mobility of Melees in operation fights compared to Ranged DPS classes, I suggest that the Melee's basic DPS should be higher than the Ranged's basic DPS.
Under which rock have you been sleeping? They posted their proposed class distribution months ago: melee sustained > melee burst = ranged sustained > ranged burst.

With some specs being inbetween those 4 categories as they are considered semi burst, semi sustained, like Fury.

Suggest you check out http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043

The nerfs aand buffs that already happened mostly aligned the specs correctly if we look at that table. Not perfectly, but like 80-90% right.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Ardarell_Solo
10.03.2017 , 01:18 PM | #84
I have to admit I like the fact that Concentration/Fury will definitely be the goto spec for raiding for the first time since launch (it already is for a lot of bosses).

I assume this will get corrected once devs realize how their Fury buff lead to a new rotation that made that buff way stronger than the added Dot itself, but until then let's go raiding Conc/Fury :-)
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Rekkakuski
10.10.2017 , 02:08 PM | #85
I think this is ********. That once when I can logged in after patch I get 2 parses 8900 and 9200 with full min/maxed 248. only 1k drop from earlier parses
The Red Eclipse Routasydän Legacy
Lumiprinsessa, Rekkapena, Tuiran Miliisi, Shakaali, Hullu Poro

Miriam'ele, Missfarkkusuomi, Childrenofbodom, Ikikärppä

shyroman
10.10.2017 , 04:39 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Rekkakuski View Post
I think this is ********. That once when I can logged in after patch I get 2 parses 8900 and 9200 with full min/maxed 248. only 1k drop from earlier parses
Idk what you're doing but I'm only noticing about a 300 dps loss at most. A bunch of parses around 10.2k and none of them were especially lucky.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Trogusaurus
10.10.2017 , 10:49 PM | #87
That sounds fine and dandy until you realize that Concentration is hitting 10-10.6k, and Combat is still reaching up to 10.3... and those are burst specs.

Also, I used to average ~10.2-10.5k on the dummy, peaking at 10.7. Now, I'm happy to get above the 10k mark, with my current best not even breaking 10.1. This is a very substantial nerf, as far as I can see.

HanSollo
10.10.2017 , 11:48 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Trogusaurus View Post
That sounds fine and dandy until you realize that Concentration is hitting 10-10.6k, and Combat is still reaching up to 10.3... and those are burst specs.

Also, I used to average ~10.2-10.5k on the dummy, peaking at 10.7. Now, I'm happy to get above the 10k mark, with my current best not even breaking 10.1. This is a very substantial nerf, as far as I can see.
And soon they will nerf both combat and Concentration to being them down to around 10k parsing with watchman parsing at around 10.2k

BW explained this all in a single post that people either didnt read or didnt understand.

Keep in mind Combat is a very unforgiving spec. If you miss your burst window even once you seeing a substantial dps loss. Concentration even has a much more forgiving rotation which allows you to be knocked away and still get your big hits off. Woth Combat if you get CCed in any way during your Precision window you lose large amounts of DPS.

nyrkverse
10.12.2017 , 01:58 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by HanSollo View Post
And soon they will nerf both combat and Concentration to being them down to around 10k parsing with watchman parsing at around 10.2k

BW explained this all in a single post that people either didnt read or didnt understand.
except combat has already been nerfed and concentration buffed in the previous patch just 2 months ago to their current state.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»