Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how the actual crap am i supposed to beat vaylin's spirit in chapter 9 in kotet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
how the actual crap am i supposed to beat vaylin's spirit in chapter 9 in kotet

LordTurin
05.22.2017 , 08:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jedi_brandier View Post
I still can't beat her and personally getting tired of the BS in ET. I started playing this game with my daughter and with KotFE and KotEt we can't play together. We're both subs and are really put out about it. If both story-lines weren't solo only we might have a chance. Neither of us are 'professional' pc gamers and not thrilled with set up of these storylines. Love the story just not the gameplay.
You can have someone else join you in the phase to kill the boss. Only one of you will get the quest completion, and only one of you gets to make the choices, but you can still play together. Heck, just go through it twice with your toons, once light and once dark and swap off.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

SentinelSoldier
06.07.2017 , 06:03 PM | #12
I am taking two character through KOTET; Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow. I took my Sith through Chapter 9 and had only one or two problems (thrown off plateau and figuring out how to avoid getting thrown by Vaylin). my Sith actually had to fight both Arcann and Valyin, but that part wen rather well. Today, I took my Jedi into the fight, and this time I only have to face Vaylin since I made Arcann an ally. I expected some challenge with a one on one, but this fight is entirely imbalanced. The holds are much longer, the green recoveries are far fewer and they barely give me recovery. I was getting about full recovery for the Sith, but I see little to no recovery for the Jedi (one time I swear I saw my health go down after interacting with a green heal zone. I nearly came close to finishing, but then there wasn't a heal to be seen before I was beaten down. This story is just screwed up or really poorly balanced for all career/factions.

Eloi_BG
06.08.2017 , 08:17 AM | #13
Are you doing chapters in Story mode, or did you accidentally activate Veteran/Master mode? Story mode really shouldn't be an issue if you know what to do in the fight.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Stamdemic
06.08.2017 , 01:00 PM | #14
Im not sure why no ones brought this up yet.. but im super new and i figured out pretty fast, that if you just lure her to the healing spirits and let HER walk through them, it does a TON of damage. just bait her and if she hurt you too much, grab the healing spirit youyrself and bait her to the next one. took me a few tries but you literally dont even have to attack her. just keep running around the stairs to stay away from her attacks as much as you can. Make sure you have a breakout ability too. for her force slam attack.. helps alot. i hope this helps you!

jedi_brandier
09.08.2017 , 12:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
You can have someone else join you in the phase to kill the boss. Only one of you will get the quest completion, and only one of you gets to make the choices, but you can still play together. Heck, just go through it twice with your toons, once light and once dark and swap off.
I haven't been able to join or allow anyone to join KotFE or KotET except on open areas.

KendraP
09.08.2017 , 12:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jedi_brandier View Post
I haven't been able to join or allow anyone to join KotFE or KotET except on open areas.
I assume you need to enable the allow access to same class story areas button or whatever they're calling it now.

jedi_brandier
09.20.2017 , 06:38 AM | #17
I always have 'allow same class' on, but it appears that STORY Mode won't allow grouping, VETERAN and MASTER may from what I read here. Not that same class applies, I was playing a Jedi Guardian and my daughter was playing a Smuggler.

jedi_brandier
09.20.2017 , 06:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Stamdemic View Post
Im not sure why no ones brought this up yet.. but im super new and i figured out pretty fast, that if you just lure her to the healing spirits and let HER walk through them, it does a TON of damage. just bait her and if she hurt you too much, grab the healing spirit youyrself and bait her to the next one. took me a few tries but you literally dont even have to attack her. just keep running around the stairs to stay away from her attacks as much as you can. Make sure you have a breakout ability too. for her force slam attack.. helps alot. i hope this helps you!
I had read that somewhere, but it didn't help me. I am a casual player, not a professional achievment junkie, and she would either kill me before I got to the healing spirits or i would set it off accidentally on my character before she came close