In Game Special event - Happening Now

Owsley

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It annoys me considerably that they removed the ability to buy things you're too low level to use from vendors then immediately implement this. Unless this world event lasts for a month (I'm betting on a week) I'm going to get no benefit out of it since the crystals require lvl 50. Makes me sad, since my girlfriend and I just rerolled on a non-Republic-dead server just last week >.>

Um... you can still buy the level 50 crystals regardless of level. My 39 Sentinel got his green-black +41 crystal last night.

It annoys me considerably that they removed the ability to buy things you're too low level to use from vendors then immediately implement this. Unless this world event lasts for a month (I'm betting on a week) I'm going to get no benefit out of it since the crystals require lvl 50. Makes me sad, since my girlfriend and I just rerolled on a non-Republic-dead server just last week >.>

You can buy the 50 crystal. My Sage is 41. I bought it.

I'm running a clock each time and it is 100% accurate.

As long as you do not use a loading screen of ANY sort it is 10mins after infection to get Feverish, then if you do not die from PvE or PvP you will explode after 20mins of infection.

Remember the key thing is not getting ANY loading screen or it breaks and you need to vaccinate and get re-infected.

It may be accurate for you but it isn't for me. I sit by Jeelvic doing absolutely nothing and it takes a long time to go from infection to even the final stage for me. I wonder if having others exploding on you when you're already infected can cause problems.

[EDIT] It seems to be working well for me so far today. The only different is I was infected while questing so I wasn't around others exploding on me, and I haven't bugged like I did yesterday where it wouldn't progress and I had to vaccinate (which happened once even though I never moved from where I was sitting). So, yay!

Edited by KurganNazzir

Devs, for future special events please consider not making the participation "mandatory."

Today, the event took away my choice to enjoy the game.

I was happy spending my playtime today standing around crafting. Didn't know about an event and didn't care to. However, looks like the people running nearby got me infected and then I was , which interrupted what I wanted to do in the game -- craft -- and go seek out a medical droid.

Couldn't find a way for the droid to cure me without either buying a vaccine for 2k credits or dying. Either way the whole process interrupted my trying to play the game the way I enjoy.

For those who want to be interrupted, fine and good for them. For those who don't, please give the option to not participate in each future event.

Please let each person have a choice on how they want to enjoy playing the game.

Thanks for the feedback chance.

Devs, for future special events please consider not making the participation "mandatory."

I was happy spending my playtime today standing around crafting. Didn't know about an event and didn't care to. However, looks like the people running nearby got me infected and then I was , which interrupted what I wanted to do in the game -- craft -- and go seek out a medical droid.

Couldn't find a way for the droid to cure me without either buying a vaccine for 2k credits or dying. Either way the whole process interrupted my trying to play the game the way I enjoy.

For those who want to be interrupted, fine and good for them. For those who don't, please give the option to not participate in each future event.

Please let each person have a choice on how they want to enjoy playing the game.

Stop QQ:ing.

That whole story just made me LMAO. THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF A PLAGUE. YOU DO NOT GET A "CHOICE". and if you can't get 2k to get a cure your SOL. Listen to the brocasts, THEY say stay on ships ot AWAY from infected ppl. I hate getting infected but i keep 5-10 vaccs on me all time and during pvp its worst lol.

Incidental note- the world event crystal actually has a different (subtle, but easily noticed when the two are next to each other) look than the Razer exclusive.

So Razer players aren't out of luck on having a unique look, but world event players get something neat, too.

Edit: See for yourself!

http://postimage.org/image/h15hxfz0x/

Edited by va_wanderer

I said the event REMINDS me of the pre-WOTLK zombie event. Not that it's a copy. It is, in fact, very different in nature indeed, except for the fact that you become a defacto zombie and can infect people.

Sheesh there's no pleasing some people. One minute it's too much like Warcraft and the next it's not enough. Isn't there something to be said for games developers inspiring one another? WoW is basically DAOC+Lineage+EQ, afterall, and it was a great game. I enjoyed it for like 7 years. Now I enjoy something different. Change is good. And so is evolution.

Very well said

I personally didn't figure out what was happening when I got infected yesterday. Being a noob I thought I got my PvP/PvE settings screwed up again and some idiot was ganking me...was kind of a pain.

Now i'm rather delighted with the dev's creativity. i like that the world will occasionally be unexpected. As soon as I figured out what was actually happening, i immediately got the 'wink and a nod' in WOW's direction, and was impressed with the lore appropriate delivery.

It was inconvenient, but in a vibrant and well played manor.

Well played indeed BW...keep up the good work.

Edited by ChakraFive

I hope you're trolling.

I like stuff like this. Not an epic gesture, but something a little different at least. In light of all the catastrophes lately, its good to see they are at least trying.

*snip*

I can understand your view and it's completely valid. Did you try asking in chat for a vaccine? People who are doing the 'infect 10 people' daily get vaccines as a reward and since they want to be infected, they don't really have a use for the vaccine other than vendoring them for credits or saving some for when they get bugged. Someone might have been nice enough to pass one along to you had you asked.

I hope you're trolling.

I like stuff like this. Not an epic gesture, but something a little different at least. In light of all the catastrophes lately, its good to see they are at least trying.

Often I like stuff like this too. I just like joining in to be voluntary.

Not quite what happened to me, but close (only difference is I'm not noob) and could happen: Take a noob in the game -- such as my g/f wanting to play TOR --, have their first visit to the Fleet to pick Advanced Class and such ... and now they have to come up with 2k or die.

Nowhere have I asked for there to be no events. All I ask to be considered is that future events don't force participation. Isn't choice better than no choice?

Edited by Stryklone

I can understand your view and it's completely valid. Did you try asking in chat for a vaccine? People who are doing the 'infect 10 people' daily get vaccines as a reward and since they want to be infected, they don't really have a use for the vaccine other than vendoring them for credits or saving some for when they get bugged. Someone might have been nice enough to pass one along to you had you asked.

Thanks for your comment and the insight.

This is so much fun! Love it!

FYI you can also infect other people; you get a quest to infect 10 others.

Where do we pick up this quest? Is it 50 only? I have been infected a few times at the fleet and the mission terminal nor holo is not showing a quest for my level 42 Sage.

Nowhere have I asked for there to be no events. All I ask to be considered is that future events don't force participation. Isn't choice better than no choice?

The 'choice' argument is a canard. You have plenty of choices. You just don't like them. That's too bad. There are aspects of this game in which my choices aren't stellar (I have to fly space missions to get rare mats for crafting). You're NOT special, and deserve no more special consideration over any other aspect of the game.

The 'choice' argument is a canard. You have plenty of choices. You just don't like them. That's too bad. There are aspects of this game in which my choices aren't stellar (I have to fly space missions to get rare mats for crafting).

So that will be your stand if a game event interrupts your space mission? No? That's the comparision here.

Yes, it's as simple as that.

I'm for events; they are excellent features for a game to have. All I ask is that there be other options considered, other options than "must be involved."

Not a canard.

Let's see .. the choice to participate or not in the event? No. No notice, announcement or bulletin on the starter area of Ord Mantell (can't speak for the other areas). No bulletin until on the Fleet ... which is where the infection happened.

And if there were notices on the starter area? Where is the choice to go elsewhere to get and finish the AC and Class Trainer quests? No; the only destinations are on the Fleet or having to pass through the Fleet to the capital, the same Fleet with characters in hiding (speaking of you, Smuggler!) to infect people.

The choice to play another character? Yes, did have that one and you're right on that: I did want to play the character I selected, too bad for me.

The choice to stay out of the game until after the event is over? Yes, did have that one. But you're right again: I chose to want to play this game instead of do something else, too bad for me.

A good analogy for this event: Open World non-consensual PvP ... whether or not you're on a PvP server. I don't mind PvP on a PvE server as long as parties agree. The agreement part here is what is missing.

You're NOT special, and deserve no more special consideration over any other aspect of the game.

That's right, no one (including us both) no more special than those who want to play any other aspect of the game, with the character they want, doing the quests or crafting or simply watching the speeders go by ... or those who want to participate/not particpate in an event.

tl,dr: have events, have lots of them. have participation optional in case some people want to do other things at those times.

Edited by Stryklone

So that will be your stand if a game event interrupts your space mission? No? That's the comparision here.

Yes, it's as simple as that.

I'm for events; they are excellent features for a game to have. All I ask is that there be other options considered, other options than "must be involved."

Not a canard.

Let's see .. the choice to participate or not in the event? No. No notice, announcement or bulletin on the starter area of Ord Mantell (can't speak for the other areas). No bulletin until on the Fleet ... which is where the infection happened.

And if there were notices on the starter area? Where is the choice to go elsewhere to get and finish the AC and Class Trainer quests? No; the only destinations are on the Fleet or having to pass through the Fleet to the capital, the same Fleet with characters in hiding (speaking of you, Smuggler!) to infect people.

The choice to play another character? Yes, did have that one and you're right on that: I did want to play the character I selected, too bad for me.

The choice to stay out of the game until after the event is over? Yes, did have that one. But you're right again: I chose to want to play this game instead of do something else, too bad for me.

A good analogy for this event: Open World non-consensual PvP ... whether or not you're on a PvP server. I don't mind PvP on a PvE server as long as parties agree. The agreement part here is what is missing.

That's right, no one (including us both) no more special than those who want to play any other aspect of the game, with the character they want, doing the quests or crafting or simply watching the speeders go by ... or those who want to participate/not particpate in an event.

tl,dr: have events, have lots of them. have participation optional in case some people want to do other things at those times.

You don't have to participate in this event if you don't want to. I played around with it for a few hours, then went back to my usual routine. If you get infected it's not a big deal. Just keep questing and when you explode just Rez yourself and move on. It's that simple.

This event does not have to interfere with your gameplay.

Please note that switching areas, etc. will reset the timer on the plague's current phase. So if you keep travelling, you ward off the progress of the plague.

I think the plague can actually get fully bugged when switching areas. I've been Lightheaded and Feverish (not at the same time) for far longer than twenty minutes, even without switching zones.

I think the plague can actually get fully bugged when switching areas. I've been Lightheaded and Feverish (not at the same time) for far longer than twenty minutes, even without switching zones.

I have had these issues too. It seems the best way to deal with the issue is to vaccinate yourself, remove the vaccination buff, and head back to the wreckage to get reinfected by a rakghoul. It continues to work for me.