As a sub with 850ish Cartel Coins to spend, any recommendations?

Andaruil

When it comes to using CC for unlocks, remember that 1CC=~1k credits. Use that basic exchange rate to determine whether it's better to unlock with credits or coins.

Yeah, how could I forget that rule of thumb :)

Also, get one set with a helmet that most classes can use and unlock it in collections... that way you can have a helmet from lvl 1 on any of your classes.

Mostly useful if you plan on playing bounty hunters (again), troopers or maby sith warriors.

Good advice, I'd never heard of that exchange rate before. This will definitely come in useful, thanks!

After the third or fourth cartel pack was released, I did a relatively extensive comparison on GTN pricing of direct-purchase Cartel Market items and the average I came up with was 1024 (interestingly enough) credits per 1 cc.

I've been using that ever since for everything that is direct-purchase.

Cartel pack items are completely different tho :)

After the third or fourth cartel pack was released, I did a relatively extensive comparison on GTN pricing of direct-purchase Cartel Market items and the average I came up with was 1024 (interestingly enough) credits per 1 cc.

I've been using that ever since for everything that is direct-purchase.

Cartel pack items are completely different tho :)

Makes sense, since Items in packs are random so a rare item would throw off calculations. Still, good to know!

One more piece of advice: Unless you plan on selling them for credits or there's a great sale going on, never buy Cartel Packs with coins. You can always get them relatively cheap on the GTN. Save your coins for legacy/character perk/collection unlocks. Collections require coins and other unlocks give you the most value for your coins.

One more piece of advice: Unless you plan on selling them for credits or there's a great sale going on, never buy Cartel Packs with coins. You can always get them relatively cheap on the GTN. Save your coins for legacy/character perk/collection unlocks. Collections require coins and other unlocks give you the most value for your coins.

Oh yeah, that's a given... don't ever buy a cartel pack for real money and open it, unless you actually do it for the thrill of opening it.

It's a much better plan to sell it unopened on the GTN (for around 350k - 450k each) and then buy the stuff you wanted from the pack on the GTN instead.

Personally, if I can use the CC benefit on many, many alts, it's something I'm willing to pay for. So that means rocket boots, quick travel cool down reduction, fleet travel cool down reduction, bank tabs, bag rows, and a +41 unlocked crystal. I'd recommend buying a cartel market +41 color crystal off the GTN (pricey!), and then use Cartel coins to unlock it legacy wide. Every future alt, and every future companion character will benefit from this expenditure.

After that, I'd recommend saving the coins for galactic strongholds, if having a cool looking stronghold appeals to you. I have a strong suspicion that it's going to be CC heavy for getting the best "stuff".

Just remembered another piece of advice: Don't buy legacy collection unlocks for lightsaber crystals. You can acquire infinite free copies of a CM lightsaber crystal on the character who unlocked it. Place them in a Legacy weapon and transfer that to alts. You can then remove the crystal for a small amount of credits and no need to spend CCs.

I use CC to unlock all companion affection boosts on my every character. It costs 25 cc for each of the 6 tiers, while in credits the cost is incremental. I have also unlocked a couple of crystals that I got off the GTN and one full set of orange gear that I liked the look of so everyone can use it in a pitch. And, yes, RB as well. All and all for a while I didn't know what to do with the coins, but they came in handy and I am pleased with what I got for them. I will use them as they come for more unlocks. :)

Just remembered another piece of advice: Don't buy legacy collection unlocks for lightsaber crystals. You can acquire infinite free copies of a CM lightsaber crystal on the character who unlocked it. Place them in a Legacy weapon and transfer that to alts. You can then remove the crystal for a small amount of credits and no need to spend CCs.

Huh, never thought of that :p

Oh well, I have most of them unlocked now anyway so...

But with that advice in mind, go to nar shaddaa and take part in the nightlife event with the slots.

Play long enough to get 2 gold certificates and buy a bind to legacy weapon (pistol or lightsaber is 2 gc I think) and use that since legacy weapons are hard to get in most events (well... not THAT hard, but easier in this one)

Edited by OddballEasyEight