*sigh*. . .these kids today. . .

Drahh

So I was at ToysRus the other day looking to find a great gift for my cousin on her birthday. While looking around I noticed a display of Star Wars toys and above the display was a HD TV playing the new movies on Blu-ray, it was Empire Strikes Back.

In front of the toy display were two kids about 12 or 13 watching the movie. The one kid was asking how and why Luke was able to jump out of the carbonite chamber during the Luke and Vader encounter, while the other kid explained: "It's the force man!"

The other kid replied: "Thats stupid," and just walked off in annoyance while his friend stared at the screen in a trance like state, just excited to be watching the movie, and not giving a crap about all the toys around him.

This actually pissed me off LOL!! So I finally get this Barbie doll for her (I couldnt think of anything ok!? She loved it anyway!!) But as I was walking through the isle I could have sworn the same damn kid who thought Star Wars was stupid was also looking at Twilight toys!!! WT F!!??

Kids today have no imagination anymore. Instead they play video games all day, and watch Twilight movies and listen to the Jonas brothers and crap like that.

Growing up, we'd all pretend to be a char from the movies and run around the woods swinging tree limbs at other peoples faces pretending they were lightsabers, we'd all try to literally hurt each other! lol. Today kids swing around Wii and playstation controlers at the screen. I used to listen to rock music themed on sex, drugs, and violence, now they listen to puppy love bull s hit. Remember when vampire movies involved a sh it ton of blood and actual killing, and not a freaking love story?? After that display I saw in ToysRus. . . some kids just suck today. . .

Edited by Drahh

So he thinks the force is stupid but is OK with Twilight?

The book series turned movie series that made a name spitting on everything previously written in the genre, lighting its car on fire and then slipping into the same pathetic love story suit as the new trilogy.

Gotta love people...

Wait, one of the kids doesn't like Star Wars and looks for Twillight toys instead and you conclude that all the kids suck today?

I know a family with two boys (13 and 10 years) who love Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, ... They ran around swinging wood limbs (and I did with them :D ), because they weren't allowed to play Wii all the time. Kids have imagination, but prefere not to use them. And adults are not that different, I think.

You just need parents who:

1) Introduce Star Wars to them.

2) Limit there time with TV, computer, Wii, PS, ...

Kids don't suck today.

that's nothing I was in Toys' R Us just last week buying a present for my Nephew (I love how I have to say that otherwise it's weird that i'm in a toy store) and this mom had her 5 year old by the wrist and said

"We need to hurry up so we can meet Daddy at Hooters for dinner"

when did Hooters become a family restaurant?

Wait, one of the kids doesn't like Star Wars and looks for Twillight toys instead and you conclude that all the kids suck today?

I know a family with two boys (13 and 10 years) who love Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, ... They ran around swinging wood limbs (and I did with them :D ), because they weren't allowed to play Wii all the time. Kids have imagination, but prefere not to use them. And adults are not that different, I think.

Kids don't suck today.

I wasnt comparing kids soley on them not liking star wars. . as I state in the end of my thread.

Edited by Drahh

that's nothing I was in Toys' R Us just last week buying a present for my Nephew (I love how I have to say that otherwise it's weird that i'm in a toy store) and this mom had her 5 year old by the wrist and said

"We need to hurry up so we can meet Daddy at Hooters for dinner"

when did Hooters become a family restaurant?

lmfao!!

Kids don't suck today.

This, my 9 yo son fuggin' LOVES star wars. He watches the clone wars, seen all the movies. Halo and Star Wars is his world and he about vomits everytime twilight is mentioned. As for music his favorite bands are Metallica and Slipknot, he grew up on hard rock/metal and is pretty damn good on guitar for his age. But we also do a lot of outside activities, like bike riding, sledding, play football. The weird part? He's not the only kid around here that's like that so I can't relate at all to the OP. The kids of all my friends and myself keep a good balance between outside playing and vid games: They're all in really good shape.

You know, I'm only 29 and I never feel that old until I hear people my age complain about "kids and their technology!", they're really not any worse than we were they just have access to more cooler stuff.

You'd be surprised by how many kids choose not to have a fb or anything of the like. My son for example sees no point of it, he sees his friends in rl whenever he wants anyways.

This, my 9 yo son fuggin' LOVES star wars. He watches the clone wars, seen all the movies. Halo and Star Wars is his world and he about vomits everytime twilight is mentioned. As for music his favorite bands are Metallica and Slipknot, he grew up on hard rock/metal and is pretty damn good on guitar for his age. But we also do a lot of outside activities, like bike riding, sledding, play football. The weird part? He's not the only kid around here that's like that so I can't relate at all to the OP. The kids of all my friends and myself keep a good balance between outside playing and vid games: They're all in really good shape.

You know, I'm only 29 and I never feel that old until I hear people my age complain about "kids and their technology!", they're really not any worse than we were they just have access to more cooler stuff.

You'd be surprised by how many kids choose not to have a fb or anything of the like. My son for example sees no point of it, he sees his friends in rl whenever he wants anyways.

I didnt say ALL, I said SOME as mentioned in the end of my thread.

Cooler stuff? In my day the cooler stuff was a big patch of woods across the street with a creek running through it. We would be in the woods all day catching crfawdads and having dirt clod battles, playing fox and hounds, building forts....all the stuff kids used to do.

We did eventually get an Atari (there was no 2600, 3200, 6400, just an Atari). We played it a lot, but still rode our bikes, ran home from school, camped out in the backyard...

I do miss that stuff (at almost 50 years old now it seems like yesterday still...) I think today's kids miss a lot with all the technology that makes them too "plugged in" to stuff. Sure, my view is slanted to my own past, but at least I acknowledge that. All that stuff you say is cool, I can't stand it. Old fart here, I admit.

Stood in line for the movie Staw Wars (it wasn't labeled "A New Hope" yet, as there was no "Empire Strikes Back" yet, that didn't come out until 1980).

Ah, well. Time gone by. The new cool stuff ain't all that cool. I like the old stuff; bikes, dirt clods, crawdads, pup tents...now THAT stuff was cool.

Well, if I understand correctly:

So I was at ToysRus the other day looking to find a great gift for my cousin on her birthday. While looking around I noticed a display of Star Wars toys and above the display was a HD TV playing the new movies on Blu-ray, it was Empire Strikes Back.

In front of the toy display were two kids about 12 or 13 watching the movie. The one kid was asking how and why Luke was able to jump out of the carbonite chamber during the Luke and Vader encounter, while the other kid explained: "It's the force man!"

The other kid replied: "Thats stupid," and just walked off in annoyance while his friend stared at the screen in a trance like state, just excited to be watching the movie, and not giving a crap about all the toys around him.

This actually pissed me off LOL!! So I finally get this Barbie doll for her (I couldnt think of anything ok!? She loved it anyway!!) But as I was walking through the isle I could have sworn the same damn kid who thought Star Wars was stupid was also looking at Twilight toys!!! WT F!!??

This is all about the kid who liked Twillight instead of Star Wars.

Kids today have no imagination anymore. Instead they play video games all day, and watch Twilight movies and listen to the Jonas brothers and crap like that.

As I said, they have imagination, but video games are the easier way to get fun. They would play video games all day, but you can prevent that and many parents do.

In my country twillight is compleatly a girl-thing. Teenage-girl-thing. Boys are more into Lord of the Rings (and also Star Wars).

Don't know about the music kids hear these days, so I can't comment on that.

Growing up, we'd all pretend to be a char from the movies and run around the woods swinging tree limbs at other peoples faces pretending they were lightsabers, we'd all try to literally hurt each other! lol. Today kids swing around Wii and playstation controlers at the screen.

Many parents watch the steps of there offsprings too much. On schoolyards even snowball fights are forbidden. It's not the childrens fault.

I used to listen to rock music themed on sex, drugs, and violence, now they listen to puppy love bull s hit.

Aren't there many kids who listen to hip hop with texts about sex, drugs and violence?

Remember when vampire movies involved a sh it ton of blood and actual killing, and not a freaking love story??

I think these old vampire movies were for boys. (Today they have Zombies instead of vampires.) Modern vampire movies are for girls who love love storys.

After that display I saw in ToysRus. . . some kids just suck today. . .

Oh, maybe I missed the some the first time I read this. Your right, some kids suck today. (and most likely in the past too)

Edited by Maaruin

This is all about the kid who liked Twillight instead of Star Wars.

No its not. It's a common thing I see with alot of kids today, the basis of this thread.

As I said, they have imagination, but video games are the easier way to get fun. They would play video games all day, but you can prevent that and many parents do.

In my country twillight is compleatly a girl-thing. Teenage-girl-thing. Boys are more into Lord of the Rings (and also Star Wars).

Don't know about the music kids hear these days, so I can't comment on that.

Fine kids have an imagination, but not like they had before. Kids are absorbed in playing video games. Kids will kill themselves if they cant play a video game these days because there parents said no. It used to be getting really pissed off at your parents for not letting you stay outside with friends, not sitting on there obese asses crying cause they want to do something alot less constructive.

Many parents watch the steps of there offsprings too much. On schoolyards even snowball fights are forbidden. It's not the childrens fault.

I agree. With that, bullying is now a crime and ridiculous. Another reason how emasculating this world is, and how I'm trying to drive my point about kids today. If a bully picked on me, I fought back like everyone else I knew, today they call the cops and the bully is put in jail, or that person picked on kills himself. . It's happened alot!!

Aren't there many kids who listen to hip hop with texts about sex, drugs and violence?

Yeah, theres nothing wrong with that. I was talking about the state of rock I see alot of kids listening to today. Even rock bands today are tame compared to some of the past. Kids get a slap on the wrist caus' there parents heard the word "sh it" in the music. I'm not saying rock music today is bad either, just not as hard. Back in my day, I went to rock shows where you feared for your life in the crowd. Now its like one mosh pit with push the fat kid back and forth lol.

I think these old vampire movies were for boys. (Today they have Zombies instead of vampires.) Modern vampire movies are for girls who love love storys.

Lost boys, that was a girls and boys movie, and violently good.

Oh, maybe I missed the some the first time I read this. Your right, some kids suck today. (and most likely in the past too)
Edited by Drahh

Cooler stuff? In my day the cooler stuff was a big patch of woods across the street with a creek running through it. We would be in the woods all day catching crfawdads and having dirt clod battles, playing fox and hounds, building forts....all the stuff kids used to do.

We did eventually get an Atari (there was no 2600, 3200, 6400, just an Atari). We played it a lot, but still rode our bikes, ran home from school, camped out in the backyard...

I do miss that stuff (at almost 50 years old now it seems like yesterday still...) I think today's kids miss a lot with all the technology that makes them too "plugged in" to stuff. Sure, my view is slanted to my own past, but at least I acknowledge that. All that stuff you say is cool, I can't stand it. Old fart here, I admit.

Stood in line for the movie Staw Wars (it wasn't labeled "A New Hope" yet, as there was no "Empire Strikes Back" yet, that didn't come out until 1980).

Ah, well. Time gone by. The new cool stuff ain't all that cool. I like the old stuff; bikes, dirt clods, crawdads, pup tents...now THAT stuff was cool.

I used to do the same exact thing....loved the woods near our neighborhood. Then, there was a tramp/pervert who started exposing himself to us kids. No one in our neighborhood was allowed in the woods after that :(

Does it seem like there's more child predators out there nowadays? Paranoid parents who won't let their kids leave the house? It's no wonder kids turn to technology to escape their droll lives....they can't go elsewhere.....

Excuse me, but Twilight is very...imaginative. Nothing wrong with it.

Even though I hate it with my every being. You know what we should do. Star Wars fans and Star Trek fans (of which I happen to be both), should unite to wipe those dumb wolves and vampires off of the face of the earth! :p