Nathema Flashpoint: Zildrog vs. melee character

Hey everyone,

I just finished the new Nathema Flashpoint for the second time. First with Sith Sorcerer, this time with Jedi Consular.

With the Sorc I did not notice the problem (he is ranged), but with the Consular I really had trouble beating Zildrog before the 60 sec enrage timer ran out because I did not find a point where I could attack him in melee. I only got "cannot see target" from every spot I tried.

In the end, I finished him with my AOE saber attack and lots of help from Lana a few seconds before the timer ran out. Did I miss a sweet spot for melee in this fight?

Edited by Styrakhon

how about getting right under him?... i mean like stepping up the console?

This. I've done the same journey - first on Sorc and second on SHADOW (Consular:Sage is the mirror of Sorc) - and found that yes, indeed, there's a spot next to/on the console where you can hit him.

Just need to persuade Lana that on the opposite side of Z is the worst possible place to stand. I put her on passive and she came round to where I was, but didn't heal me, then I put her back on active and she ran round behind Z. Grr.

I've jumped on the console. Seriously, I jumped over a slight gap onto something and pounded on him. Though it's been since the day after release since I've fought Zildrog.

I learned in the same fight (playing my Guardian), save the saber throws for Zildrog. This might mean more hopping around, and multi-tasking adds & Zildrog at the same time, while making sure the comp isn't over-whelmed. So, lots of Passive toggling off/on if necessary.

----

Also as for Companion Passive/ Active. If they have the healing role selected, they will not heal you on passive. They will run to your location and most of the time no matter which one I have, they'll stand there and do nothing. You have to pretty much toggle off Passive the moment you see them arrive.

I don't know their targeting mechanics, though I've noticed that they follow whom I'm targeting, but sometimes, instead of hitting my active target, they move to the next target that would be in the sequence depending on which preferences I have set for auto-target.

Also as for Companion Passive/ Active. If they have the healing role selected, they will not heal you on passive. They will run to your location and most of the time no matter which one I have, they'll stand there and do nothing. You have to pretty much toggle off Passive the moment you see them arrive.

That's right. Passive means, well, passive, doing nothing. They come and stand next to you and then they do nothing. If you want them to do something, they have to be active. In the Nathema FP, however, melee companions have a tendency to go and stand ... there ... which is not a useful place to be.