Change Rocket Out with 6.0

SlimPikinz

When Rocket Out first came out with all of the other mobility talents, it was probably the worst out of the bunch.

I've gotten pretty proficient at using it to escape or to gap-close with the 180 turn Rocket Out.

With the new tactical items and set bonuses in 6.0 changing base abilities and advanced class abilities, I would like to offer a suggestion to change Rocket Out as a baseline ability modifier.

Rocket Out now becomes a targeted reticle and the Mercenary rocket propels to that area. Allow it to work with the vertical or Y axis (jumping to platforms above you or below you).

Think Heroic Leap from Warrior in WoW.

Without the utility in tier 4 to keep people from leaping to you, it doesn't really keep melee off you as they can just speed right over to you.

With this functionality, breaking Line of Sight will be much easier and will actually act as an escape which it was initially designed as.

Rocket Out now becomes a targeted reticle and the Mercenary rocket propels to that area. Allow it to work with the vertical or Y axis (jumping to platforms above you or below you).

Targeting Rocket Out would be very cool and pretty useful for breaking LOS in a lot of scenarios, so I really like that idea. I don't know about the Y-axis part of this, though. It would certainly be useful but I have a feeling it would create exploits. Are there any other class abilities that allow a character to instantly/rapidly relocate vertically? (Genuine question, I primarily rotate between Arsenal Merc [main], Lightning Sorc, and Balance Sage so I really don't know if there's anything similar out there.) I know there's the Jedi ability that lets you pull a friend towards you, but that still requires you to have gotten to that position through other means first.

All of the leaps and teleports work on the Y-axis but they all require a target.

Leap, Intercede, Obliterate, Jet Pack, Shadow Stride, Holotraverse.

This change would make it be the only ability with this type of functionality so it may be a bit strong but Rocket Out is still pretty bad in its current form.

• 2 weeks later...