Imperial agents/soldiers and distaste for the Sith

Sevvy_Boo

Hey all! Hope everyone is having fun playing the game. :)

Ok, I don't know alot about Star Wars lore past the films, so this is why I'm posting this. As I am playing my Imperial agent, I notice alot of opportunities to be sarcastic/defy the Sith. I take them at every opportunity. In my class story, I just got through with a particular conversation that had a jaw dropping outcome.

My agent is called to meet with Darth Jadus, denies his request to bow down to him, and is SHOCKED TO DEATH by him. Literally. He killed me. Wow.

Was there great distaste for the Sith among the military aspects of the Empire? Have there ever been any internal rebellions within the Empire against the Sith that were noteworthy?

I can remember in the original trilogy, many of the Imperial soldiers seemed TERRIFIED of the Emperor and Vader, and rightfully so. I guess that answers my own question. But let me ask you Imperial players this: how do YOU feel about the Sith? Do you welcome their supposed dominance or, like me, do you defy them? I show me dedication to the Empire and her people, not the hokey wizards who believe power and respect are due to them for simply existing. :D

My Imperial Agent holds the Sith in great distaste. They are incredibly powerful and as such are not easily trifled with, but their religion seems to fly directly in the face of the efficient, ordered machine that is the Empire. As such, my Agent views the Sith as impediments to uniting the galaxy under a system of governance that is not woefully corrupt and decadent. That said, since they are so powerful and since they are the ultimate authority in the Empire, one has to be careful when around Sith, and one has to be careful to work to advance the priorities of efficient, systematic governance over the whims of religion.

I play my agent as utterly loyal to the empire, because the empire will establish a rigid order. It gets kind of weird where the sith are concerned though, they aren't in his structure, and they aren't ruled by order, but they are the top dogs in the empire. It's an odd paradox that on the republic side the non-force people are often characterized by a fierce independent streak and the jedi are order nazis, while on the sith side the opposite is true (not talking about pcs, speaking more generally). The Sith then represent a a transgression against why my character loves the Empire, but they're an important part of it.

Generally though, I play it by ear, Jadus had been clearly poking around where he didn't belong. The second Sith I met was a distraction from the mission and insane. The third and fourth were goal-oriented "for the empire" types, so we got along famously.

I play my agent as utterly loyal to the empire, because the empire will establish a rigid order. It gets kind of weird where the sith are concerned though, they aren't in his structure, and they aren't ruled by order, but they are the top dogs in the empire. It's an odd paradox that on the republic side the non-force people are often characterized by a fierce independent streak and the jedi are order nazis, while on the sith side the opposite is true (not talking about pcs, speaking more generally). The Sith then represent a a transgression against why my character loves the Empire, but they're an important part of it.

Like Republic Senators, the Sith practitioners are really politicians in the Imperial organization.

The Sith rule through fear; not just fear for your life, but also your freedom. They have great influence over the judicial system and are themselves, in many cases, above the law.

Non-force sensitive Imperials have to live with this reality, but it doesn't mean they have to like it. As a player, it's fun to call the Sith's bluff because even though they wield immense power, they still grudgingly need the services of Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters.

I play a Sith Warrior, and from the other side of the coin I have a disdain for most (but not all) of the standard Imperial rank and file. Throughout the story, most of the Imperials appear incompetent and cowardly in the face of great opposition. Sure, there's a lot of bureaucratic chest-puffing going on here and there, but most of it ends in utter failure.

There are exceptions of course (Quinn being one) and there are people who can just straight up get things done, and I respect that. However, the majority of the time the only reason my Sith is there is to clean up some stupid Imperial lackey's mess. Look at the entire questline of Balmorra....the Empire can't get a few wimpy separatists under control just because they have under-the-table Republic support. They call in Darth Lacris and my character, and it's done in a few hours. Same deal on Taris, it's just an idiotic Moff blundering every operation with myself and a merc putting the pieces back together.

So yes, hate on the Sith all you want. We're the ones who get things done, along with the bounty hunters and the agents...which is the reason why my character only associates with those archetypes. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Of course I am playing a sith and don't really like the sith. Conveniently a sith probably has more cut scenes of killing sith than dying to sith.

One of the books associated with the game describes an IA that is much more interested in people than in whatever craziness the sith are up to.

I actually like Jadus, and have no problem treating him with respect.

I generally respond to the NPCs in tones depending on how they treat me. Jadus tends to rely on me, and not really insult me so I respect him. Some of the imperial officers are just idiots, and I treat them as such.

My IA's motivation is to purely further the domination of the Empire. It's his job and he takes it seriously. Empire comes first always and he prides himself at being focused at what he does, non-waivering.

As for the Sith specifically, he prefers keeping them at an arms length and only dealing with the Sith "big-wigs" only when absolutely necessary. If put in front of a Darth and asked to kneel, he will. Why? Because it's the Imperial thing to do. I wouldn't call him a servant to the Sith, he just simply enjoys being an Imperial Agent. He believes in the Empire and enjoys doing whatever it takes, at the expense of anyone in the way.

I haven't decided if there are any side motivations like fame, personal wealth gain, or perhaps since he's Cybernetic that in order to stay alive he has to do dirty work for the Empire and in turn they supply him with the cybernetic upkeep required, but I'm sure I'll have that worked out sooner or later. :cool:

I actually like Jadus, and have no problem treating him with respect.

I generally respond to the NPCs in tones depending on how they treat me. Jadus tends to rely on me, and not really insult me so I respect him. Some of the imperial officers are just idiots, and I treat them as such.

same for some strange reason I actually LIKE jadus people tell me you are meant to hate him but once I met the guy I asked my friends what am I meant to hate about him again? I mean keeper gives me **** about how I do my missions and watcher two is just bloody annoying sometimes. Zhorrid creeps me out though. The only sith my agent pretty much likes is Jadus and Darth Lachris.

Plus when you encounter most imperial officiers its them always screwing up and my sith and agent characters get really, really annoyed that they cannot handle things yet they do these said hard missions by themselves. Also Ferabee I agree.

Edited by lokdron

It gets kind of weird where the sith are concerned though, they aren't in his structure, and they aren't ruled by order, but they are the top dogs in the empire. It's an odd paradox that on the republic side the non-force people are often characterized by a fierce independent streak and the jedi are order nazis, while on the sith side the opposite is true (not talking about pcs, speaking more generally).

Yes, I noticed that, too. But that goes through all the lore, all the way to the original movies, so George Lucas himself is to blame.