List of WZ medals?

Alchropie

Is there a total list of medals somewhere that shows what you can get during a WZ? Kind of curious to see which ones i've come close to getting and which ones I didn't know I could get by doing 'X'

I usually get the same 5-7 each WZ.

Edited by Alchropie

1. one on one kill

2. killing blow

3. 10 kills

4. 25 kills

5. 75k dmg

6. 300k dmg

7. 2,5k hit

8. 5k hit

9. 2,5k heal

10. 5k heal

11. 75k healing

12. 300k healing

13. 2k protection in 1 life

14. 5k protection

15. 10k protection in 1 life

16. 1k defender poitns

17. 3k defender points

I think that's all of them.

I don't know the answers to all of the following questions so I can't write it myself, but a guide to PvP scoring would be a really helpful sticky.

The questions a guide would answer:

What warzones are there and how are they scored?

What are the possible medals?

What are medals worth (in commendations and valor)?

How are MVP votes awarded and who is eligible?

What does the recipient of MVP votes get?

What is the reward for winning/losing a warzone?

Is there any relationship between the score of a game and the amount of Valor/Commendations the winning/losing teams get?

How do I earn Objective points and Defender points?

Are there any objective other than killing in open-world PvP?

Where are the open-world PvP zones?

What are the rewards for open-world PvP (non-quest)?

What are the various tiers of Daily/Weekly PvP quests (objectives and rewards)?

There are probably other questions that a general PvP guide should have, but those are the ones I was able to come up with fairly quickly.

Anyone care to clear a few things up for me?

What is "Defender Points" and "Protection in 1 Life" ?

I've gotten Defender Points before, but never could figure out how..

Protection is gained from taunting an opponent. If that opponent attacks anyway other than you, they will do 30% less damage. i believe the protection earned is the decrease in damage the enemy deals. I am unsure if there are any other ways of earning protection.

Defender points are earned in huttball by killing the ball carrier (he must die with the ball).

Defender points are earned in alderaan by engaging in pvp at a captured turret. As long as you stay there after engaging you continue earning defender points. If you have not done anything, sitting at a captured turret generally does not earn you defender points.

Defender points are earned in Voidstar from attacking (possibly killing?) enemies trying to plant the bombs

1. one on one kill

*Snip*

I think that's all of them.

As someone else pointed out, there is also a 50k Protection medal (Total, not one life) you can earn. But that is all the medals i have seen - I've broken 500k damage, and had a healer who was near 700k? With no extra medals, so safe to say those style ones cap out early.

@Alchropie Only certain classes can taunt (Classes that have access to a tanking tree) - That includes Trooper Vanguard, Jedi Guardian, Consular Shadow and the respective imperial mirrors.

Edited by Celther

can you elaborate? How exactly does one 'taunt' another player?

You need to use taunt abilities (for example Neural Dart and Sonic Missile by Powertech) and guard someone to get protection points. Those medals are only available to classes that can tank. And "... in 1 life" part means that you gotta get all that protection without dying during the process to get the medal.

Edited by Makhbet

You need to use taunt abilities and guard someone to get protection points. Those medals are only available to classes that can tank. And "... in 1 life" part means that you gotta get all that protection without dying during the process to get the medal.

That is outright ridiculious.

lol oh well.

As someone else pointed out, there is also a 50k Protection medal (Total, not one life) you can earn. But that is all the medals i have seen - I've broken 500k damage, and had a healer who was near 700k? With no extra medals, so safe to say those style ones cap out early.

@Alchropie Only certain classes can taunt (Classes that have access to a tanking tree) - That includes Trooper Vanguard, Jedi Guardian, Consular Shadow and the respective imperial mirrors.

The original list is missing the 50k protection like mention and also 5k defender.

That is outright ridiculious.

lol oh well.

I can easily get 50k protection on my Jugg by just playing smart, guard the ball carrier/turret defender/healers in voidstar. Also I AoE taunt constantly, 50k protection is not that hard if you have a healer you protect, lethal combo is you ask me.

I can easily get 50k protection on my Jugg by just playing smart, guard the ball carrier/turret defender/healers in voidstar. Also I AoE taunt constantly, 50k protection is not that hard if you have a healer you protect, lethal combo is you ask me.

No, no.. was saying it was ridiculious because they added a medal that is restricted to one type of class.

Not a game breaker nor do I care, but those OCD people who are like "get ALL the medals!" can't unless they're a tank.

No, no.. was saying it was ridiculious because they added a medal that is restricted to one type of class.

Not a game breaker nor do I care, but those OCD people who are like "get ALL the medals!" can't unless they're a tank.

A tank can't get all of the healing medals, and a healer is extremely unlikely to be able to get all of the damage medals if he gets all of the healing medals (and he can't get any of the tanking medals).

Typically Tanks can't get the healing medals and vice versa, there are some exceptions but rarely will you see someone pick up multiple medals from different categories - and they're really pulling their weight if they do manage :p