Padme Robbin the cradle?

krachi

Oh Padme , how she would be looking at 5-10 in a Imperal Prison if she was not a Elected Official ! How do the people in Senates and Congress get away with everything and expect us all to live Good Moral Lives !

Padme was just trying to get her Cougar Status going Early !

Edited by mefit

She was probably only a few years older than he. He was like ten and she was around like 13 when they first met.

For accurate ages, always refer to Weird Al's "The Saga Begins":

Ah, do you see him hitting on the queen?

Though he's just 9 and she's 14

Yeah, he's probably gonna marry her someday

:p

Though they were 19 and 24 by the time they met up again in Attack of the Clones.

Edited by JediMB

Don't see why people think this is weird or odd, there are plenty of RL couples whose age is difference is far greater then Anakin's and Padme's.

^This. My parents are ten years apart.

Sure it may be weird at first. But little boys get crushes all the time. Note that they were ten years older at the time of AOTC so it's not that bad.

^This. My parents are ten years apart.

Sure it may be weird at first. But little boys get crushes all the time. Note that they were ten years older at the time of AOTC so it's not that bad.

Sure, I agree that it's not that weird for a couple to be ten years apart, but that's assuming that the male is older. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with a guy loving a much older girl, it just feels a little odd. You know?

Cougar! *makes a frisky kitty-cat noise*

lol I just had to say it.

Sure, I agree that it's not that weird for a couple to be ten years apart, but that's assuming that the male is older. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with a guy loving a much older girl, it just feels a little odd. You know?

Cougar! *makes a frisky kitty-cat noise*

lol I just had to say it.

You're right about that. It's almost always the male that is older. In this case, Padme doesn't really qualify for Cougar status as the gap is only 5 five years. If she were thirty or something, it would be different. But this relationship is completely normal. Aside from the galactic politics and Jedi business :p

You're right about that. It's almost always the male that is older. In this case, Padme doesn't really qualify for Cougar status as the gap is only 5 five years. If she were thirty or something, it would be different. But this relationship is completely normal. Aside from the galactic politics and Jedi business :p

I see your point

Retrack my remark earlier

I am 6 years older than my wife :D

Edited by mefit

Well, what they don't blatenly tell you but seems clear if you watch for it is that Anakin uses the force to make Padme fall in love with him. You really start seeing it when she has an opposing view point from him and then all of a sudden changes her mind to reflect his views in some scenes. It would have been better if it were more clear but it is what it is. Which means that his fall to the dark side actually started earlier.

Well, what they don't blatenly tell you but seems clear if you watch for it is that Anakin uses the force to make Padme fall in love with him. You really start seeing it when she has an opposing view point from him and then all of a sudden changes her mind to reflect his views in some scenes. It would have been better if it were more clear but it is what it is. Which means that his fall to the dark side actually started earlier.

It's not made blatantly clear because it never happened.

It's not the number of years between them that disturbs me, it's seeing a strong woman fall for a whiny baby's butt that bothers me...

I think it's worth stepping back and LOOKING at her to gain some prespective. Padme was involved in politics since before she hit puberty. and even as a very young lady was pretty important. She'd proably been told she was beautiful yes, but mostly by politicans. who presumably wanted something. Anakin was proably the first man whom she knew valued her totally for her person, and not for the legislation she could or could not get passed

Am I the only one surprised that people still find it normal if an older guy loves a younger woman, but if an older woman loves a younger man she is suddenly a cougar?

I dunno, seems most people have more problems with older guys being creeps. Better to be called a cougar than a pedophile imo- and if they were reversed with a 14 year old ani getting hot for a 9 year old padme- that's what they'd be called.