Bioware: Please make 1v1 solo rank and balance accordingly

chosonman

This game wasn't even designed with the 4s meta in mind. It's made weaknesses of certain classes/specs more noticeable and made class balance in general plain bad, so what makes you think SWTOR would be remotely balanced for anything lower than that??

:confused:

Edited by Mizurappa

This game wasn't even designed with the 4s meta in mind. It's made weaknesses of certain classes/specs more noticeable and made class balance in general plain bad, so what makes you think SWTOR would be remotely balanced for anything lower than that??

:confused:

It'll be a hell lot more balanced than 4v4 solo. And besides even if it's not 100% class balanced good players will still outshine bad ones and we won't have to worry about QQ because your teamate sucks. Bio could always role patches every couple of months to change balance and keep the game interesting. In anycase 4v4 solo is a bad idea.

Edited by chosonman

Please bring 1v1 solo ranked and balance classes accordingly. It will make the game a lot more fun to play.

Signed

And 1 man nightmare ops as well plz....

Srsly, if you want a 1v1 you can duel people. If you want a ranking make duel tournaments, with rewards and everything. 1v1 solo ranked doesnt fit the idea of an MMO and it has absolutely to do with competitive pvp. You want balance around that? How? I mean like give every one a heal2full, stealth, auto crit burst and tons of cc or the opposite of that? The only way to balance for 1v1 is make everysingle AC exactly the same. As it is now some classes are really good at 1v1s (vengeance and tank juggs, operative healers, concealment, all assassin specs, madness sorc) , some are mediocre (don't know maybe anni on a marauder now) and others are not usuable unless incompetent opposition. And heck it is intended, since different classes have diffferent roles to fulfill in pvp combat. Snipers and Lightning sorcs don't usually want 1v1 situations, but excelle bursting stuff down for a wisely chosen position. AP PTs can do some sick melee aoe damage so they are best to be found in the mid of battle against multiple opponents and so on.

MMOs are social games, you are meant to group up with other people to achieve your goal. A social game, should balance around group content.

btw 2v2 arenas in another game you can play atm, is not really that great it either, no meta just derb and you still largely depend and who you get queue with.

Please bring 1v1 solo ranked and balance classes accordingly. It will make the game a lot more fun to play.

Signed

Nope, I didn't expect this to come from the guy that complains about sentinels being UP. Nope, not at all :rolleyes:

Not signed.

Signed

The problem there is that A) there exists a thing called "counterclass" and certain classes/builds will defeat another class/build 85% of the time due to design alone, and B) there are certain classes/builds more adept at solo fighting (and their already becoming the favorites for four mans). You try to "balance" that and it suddenly makes the rest of the game less fun.

no, many of the classes are made for teamwork more than anything, what is a healer without a team, a tank without someone to guard and people to taunt for damage reduction, and a dps, well that kind of fits the 1v1 thing perfectly but healers and tanks are both more team oriented roles more than anything, not saying they can't do well in a 1v1 fight but to balance for all of pvp which is mainly teamwork around 1v1's would not be that good.

Dear Bioware... make 1vs1 solo ranked and btw I think Paper is a boring set up and i suspect they cheat most of the time... please don't allow them in.

signed

The Rock

Edited by Pekish

While it's true that 1v1 will alleviate any "my team sucks" qq, it will certainly show class balance issues. everybody would just play deception and concealment, anyways. that's not fun.

I liked the setup for pvp at the gree event. It was kind of 1v1.

I updated my original topic to include details about 1v1 objective base role play scenarios using maps and objectives to help balance play. And to say further that Ranks should be as they are now based on individual's performance within their class and not cross classes.

Oh hell yes, the nerfs required for deception sins and pyro powertechs alone would make it all worthwhile.

I don't know a whole lot about Pyro, but hell yes to any Deception nerfs.

Anytime I bring anything other than Deception to a match I feel like I'm severely gimping myself and my team.

''balance 1v1''....yeah good luck with that. They can't possibly make every class 1v1 balanced in a game that couldn't be less 1v1 oriented. The skill gap in a 1v1 is EVEN HIGHER than it is a 4v4. Because there is LITERALLY not a single other person to backpack or help hide how bad you are doing. It's all on you. The crying would be epic. Especially on classes like Sage/Sorc, and Commando/Merc.

At the moment, the 1v1 rated queue would look like this:

75% Assassins

10% Vengeance Jugs

10% Powertechs

5% Other

That said, I *DO* think they should make areas dedicated to dueling and group/team dueling so that players can make their own content and fun in their free time.

But while i personally wouldn't mind 1v1 solo rateds, as I enjoy 1v1s, I think it would be a horrible idea for the devs to implement because of the MAAAASSSIVE crying and balance issues that would ensue. sorry.

Edited by SOULCASTER

From people who don't like real pvp

Or from people who are so certain they're good at pvp but just cant manage the coordination of control abilities and focus of mind for 8v8 nor the coordination of targeting for 4v4.

Or from people who are so certain they're good at pvp but just cant manage the coordination of control abilities and focus of mind for 8v8 nor the coordination of targeting for 4v4.

4v4 coordination isn't really hard at all...

"Focus on the unguarded target/go for squishiest player/go for players that are about to die" simple. Of course, this is solo queue. In group it's more about hardswitching. But still. It's simple.