issue with last fight in false emperor

We ended up beating the mob, the tank did something, and we won. Right before that the mob seemed to get locked at right around 5 pct, didn't matter how much dps we threw on him/her, it just wouldn't go down anymore. It happened to us twice, once we failed because he/she killed all of us and then the next time we won, tank did something and it ended with us winning. But ya, not sure if this is what's meant to happen. Wouldn't think so, but maybe it's a strange, and rather annoying feature heh.

Just thought I'd let you know

the mob locked up in between 3 and 5 percent and couldn't be hurt after that. If it is a bug, please fix it :) as it makes the flashpoint kinda pointless.. if you can't beat the last mob because it's got an immortal proc at 5 pct heh. thanks.

oh, if you didn't get it off the title of the post, this was the last boss in the hard mode version of "The False Emperor"

Edited by Macabakur

Everything is working as intended.

You cannot kill an emperor by doing damage to him. Not even a false one. You HAVE to make a fitting Star Wars ending for him.

Thus you need to push him over the edge and into the long chute that is on either side of the bridge you enter his chamber on. Very Star Warsy indeed.

To this end there are bombs at the entrance of the room that will push the False Emperor back. However the first push during a few seconds will be counteracted by him, so you need to push him twice. And be very close to the edge.

(All normal pushback that most classes have also work, but same thing there, you need 2 after each other fast).

Edited by LordRahlik

you are supposed to knock him off the platform. There are some crates at the door to the throne room. You should get the grenades from them and then use the grenades on ______ to knock him off the platform.

Spoiler alert in above post, do not read if you haven't played.

Edited by Eortotai

Everything is working as intended.

You cannot kill an emperor by doing damage to him. Not even a false one. You HAVE to make a fitting Star Wars ending for him.

Actually, you can kill him with damage. Have done it before. To do it, you need to do enough damage that the person he singles out can finish him during the one on one. If you don't do enough, he'll go into chain lightning mode, what most people experience. Do too much and he won't fight the 4th person solo, but go into chain lightning mode. Do just the right amount and he will single a player out and that player can potentially drop him.

Spoiler alert in above post, do not read if you haven't played.

ya, I attempted to omit any reference of names or anything hehe. I did it again today, I wasn't the one to do it, but I saw it. Was pretty cool. Plummeting can't be much fun, but that guy's such a dirtball he deserved it..

as I didn't read the second part. If a mob, that you had no idea the mechanics to just randomly stopped being able to be hurt at around 5 percent, your first thought would be.. OOOH IN GAME FEATURE! I think not. stop giving me flack for asking a question, I was just trying to help.

Edited by Macabakur

Well I did see an actual bug with him today as matter of fact.

After we used the knockbacks and he went flying off the edge, he was still somehow shooting us, and then two seconds later he reappeared in front of us and killed everyone. Evidently he was hanging on by a fingernail and managed to spring back up. So... glitches do happen sometimes.

Please be advised that in hard mode it requires TWO knockbacks to get him over the side. One can be the grenade you pick up at the door, and the other can be your class ability. Or two people can team up. But one won't get the job done.

P.S. What's with all the annoying Spoiler tags? Honestly, if people don't want to know what's coming, they shouldn't be reading these forums. Also, what's with all the people who say a spoiler ruins the whole game for them? People need to chill out.

Please be advised that in hard mode it requires TWO knockbacks to get him over the side. One can be the grenade you pick up at the door, and the other can be your class ability. Or two people can team up. But one won't get the job done.

One just worked for us. You just have to knock him straight back and not at an angle. Also, abilities like Overload seem to have varying degrees of success, so I highly recommend not relying on them.