soloing flashpoints to gear alts

after a whole weekend of bad luck with drops and GF groups while levelling, i've started running the flashpoint i'm going to do with my alts, with my toons at level cap.

it takes less than with a group (just have to skip colicoid,twomannable, but less i sit on that cannon the more i party) and i quickly found the gear i wanted.

gave me this idea, a drop i caught in a 55HM, immediatly mailed to an alt with that stat. i had to buy also a couple of pieces of legacy gear but i usually buy belt and bracers so..

and it's also fun, not like going in planetary heroic areas but still a good method to recover after healing or tanking constantly on GF a whole weekend.

If your alt isnt the same class as whatever you're using to solo the fp, you'll be pretty much wasting the main drops from bosses. Relying on randon drops ? hmmmm

You go with an Agent, Clan Varad's Rifle Blaster with cunning wont be much use for your warrior. The shell is bound, so nothing to do. At most, you'll send the armoring and mod with Legacy gear so Vette or Quinn can have them.

I don't know, the hassle seems too much for too little. If you don't want to/can't spend money on the GTN, better grind low level heroics, buy the appropiate item modiications with planetary comms and mail them to your alt.

I only solo flashpoints if I'm after a specific drop for its looks. For actual gear for alts, I think they are mostly a time sink., unless you are really lucky and the random drop is appropiate for that alt's class and specc.

at the moment i am levelling a sorc a pt a scoundrel and jugg..i have at levelcap a commando a guaridan and an operative. if drops don't have use i can give stuff to their companions as you said..but i cover all the stats and from 12 to >40 levels..with new gsi dailies i made also a quick run for heroics, true, but thinking about it..the best options are cybertech and artifice

and the new planetary commendations is easymode!!

Only with Cybertech you should be fine for gearing up alts. Change green armorings and mods every 4 levels and you're golden. Use the comms you get to buy the mainhand and enhancments.

The leveling is grindy enough to add another source of aggravation through bad luck on random drops on flashpoints you've done dozens of times already.

indeed i could watch some cutscene i was almost always forced to skip.. at least in hm55 and levelling in hm50 i've taken bonus and so killed bosses i've never seen before :-)

this update improved my fp experience..

I did this through maybe the mid 30's for my sniper. Using legacy gear, I'd run the flashpoint on my 50 operative and get a full set of gear in 1 or 2 runs. They take about 8 - 10 minutes per run, which is less time than it takes to craft blue quality cybertech parts.

Once I hit the 40's I bought the epic cartel chest piece 5 times and used that until lvl 50. I've got so many classic commendations now that every 50 I will ever make has at least the campaign 7 armor slots and mainhand weapon ready for them when they hit 50.

i'd add to this that as a tank you are expected to know the content of flashpoints thoroughly, so soloing them at easy mode with a toon say 8 or 9 levels above them is great preparation for the next time you tank it with your alt who is level-appropriate. I see no reason why this should not be the case as a healer or dpser. I must have done Mandalorian Raiders 50 or 100 times with various toons and i still found a chest the other day i never knew was there. just looking around...bored...heh.... also the flashpoint moddable drops are BOP but quite often the Heroic drops aren't...which is very handy for gearing up alts (Arahael)