Taris Bonus Series Can Become Non-Completable

Kryptonomic

Hey folks,

I checked with the team and we are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Unfortunately, addressing it is a bit more complex than we would like and so it is going to be a while until we can get it resolved. I wouldn't expect this to get fixed before 6.0, but we will look to have it fixed in a patch as soon as we can!

Thanks.

-eric

OK, then I take everything back Eric... :cool:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I checked with the team and we are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Unfortunately, addressing it is a bit more complex than we would like and so it is going to be a while until we can get it resolved. I wouldn't expect this to get fixed before 6.0, but we will look to have it fixed in a patch as soon as we can!

Thanks.

-eric

OK, cool. That's ... unexpected. Will this apply to all the bonus series on all the planets, and will it apply to existing characters as well as new occurrences?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

Oh my god! It worked! Finally, acknowledgement! :jawa_biggrin:

Thank you Eric for making the team aware of this. This fix has been long overdue. I hope they will actually come through.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 2 months later...

Even though I appreciate you guys taking note of this, it's been 4 years since the first post...

I am a returning vet and I have to say, I am not incentivized at all to keep subscribing when 4-year-old (or more) bugs keep messing up my experience.

Edited by ConstantinSeraf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

Any news ? hopefully It will be fixed for next patch

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding to the pile here.

I just ran into the bug on Taris. I did "The Missing Link" before I talked to the NPC in question. Now the objective is greyed out in the quest log, and I can't do anything more with the questline. Same as everyone else.

PLEASE fix this EA. Even just putting warning text in the description of the quest the missing link that says "do not complete this quest until you have reached such and such point in the bonus series quest."

That is literally all it would take to have avoided this for a LOT of people and it would be a non-issue for most. Now that you let it go on this long... think how many people this has turned to the dark side out of pure anger?:mad::rak_04:

As it is, I'm pretty peeved about this and thinking of unsubbing until I read that this has been fixed. I'm a completionist, so this drives me absolutely bonkers, and if this can happen on other planets... it's totally absurd and SOMETHING needs to be done about it.

Stuck at Engineer Ferron... I did his quest when it became available because why wouldn't I, didn't know this was a problem, and now I'm unable to complete Taris: Bonus Series. Any idea/update on if/when this will be fixed? Post about them being aware was in July... Now it's almost the end of December and past 6.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a related update to this. A similar bug also applies to phased bonus missions.

I was running story on an alt on Republic Balmorra, and I was on the exploration mission, Food Chain. I got to the final phase of the bonus mission attached to that and I didn't notice an alert message, so I wanted to confirm there wasn't one before I submitted a ticket on it. When I reset the misison, the little droid drops down with the announcement "Bonus Mission Objective Updating..." but my Mission Tracker nor Log updates. I lost the bonus mission completely. My actions didn't contribute to progressing it again, and there is no indication of objective locations on the map anymore. Resetting or abandoning the main mission and picking it up again yields the same results.

I got a response from CS, but they seem to think I was reporting the Bonus Series bug for Empire Balmorra. The quality of these CS agents is sometimes downright atrocious. I don't even think they read my ticket, or they are offshored workers with one-track minds.

Don't reset or abandon a phased bonus mission that is on the final phase.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 2 weeks later...
Now they are going to change Bonus Series Missions into this with patch 6.1.1. I wonder if that is indeed a right solution : https://vulkk.com/2020/03/06/swtor-6-1-1-list-of-new-set-bonuses-and-class-changes/

Since the fundamental *cause* of the bug will have one of its links removed, the obvious answer is, "Of course it will." The exact mechanism is up for grabs, but could be any or all of:

* The change will cause all existing "taken" Bonus Series missions, complete or not, to be cleared from characters' mission logs (just as when they changed what are now "Exploration Missions" to be such, they were removed from mission logs and could be retaken).

* The change will leave characters with the "master" open but the character can re-take the previously-completed "component" missions, so their state of being unavailable to fulfill the master mission's requirement is irrelevant.

* The new missions will be identical in content, dialogue and so on to the old ones, but will be new missions, and all trace of the old ones will be removed from the game. This might be what happened to the Exploration Missions.

In any event, this change *will* remove this bug from the game. At last.