Well, things don't go as planned. Did they? I'm not paying to beta-test.

Feelinestars

Well BioWare, you must have known by saying "If we cap out at 500k subs we'll have turned a profit" that your game was no where NEAR ready for release. I imagined a new, fresh, innovative MMO in 2012. We got a broken, alpha-state game which wouldn't pass in 2004. If this game didn't have the Star Wars name behind it, we'd be laughing at it all the way to F2P bin.

Now, here's where all the fanboys and people in denial go "But.. it's amazing! I'm enjoying it!! I'm truly having a blast!" Stop the nonsense. Now. Currently we're all PAYING to beta-test a broken game. They turned off high-res textures just before release, the shadows in this game are a joke, the combat is.. no words (see WoW for good combat), the ability delay is the most annoying thing I've ever experienced, the PVP is a joke, flashpoints are tedious, annoying, and boring, oh, and most importantly, this game is built on an awful 2004 Hero Engine. Doomed from the start.

Other MMO's (sorry, but WoW in this case) have beautiful, expansive, gorgeous zones with lively characters, beautiful ambiance.. everything Blizzard does right you have done wrong. You will not be able to retain subscriptions.

THE REASON THE FORUMS ARE NOT SEEING THESE TYPES OF POSTS AS MUCH IS BECAUSE BIOWARE IS DELETING THEM SO FAST BECAUSE THEY SEE WHATS REALLY GOING ON NOW.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help but 100% agree, but at the same time feel its a total shame this game didn't produce what was promised.

There was a huge emphasis on their PvP campaign to draw in the hardcore and dedicated PvP community (see their huge campaign of the class v class videos - don't even deny that this game was designed totally around the 'ground breaking' story, they already said it would either make or break this game anyway) and instead we get a clunky collection of classes, PvP imbalances and BW's response to the overplayed OP classes is "I guess people just liked shooting Force Lightning!" - note to BW bros, kids don't play OP classes for visual effects, they play dem classes to get ahead of the competition.

I see these posts on a daily basis it's called to high of expectations for a new MMO, i experienced just as many bugs on WoW and Rift's first month of release. BW is fixing bugs on a weekly basis, when they stop fixing reported bugs and start ignoring players is when you should get upset.

ok so a game thats been out for about 6 or so years (wow) has less buggs than a mmo that has been out for 3 weeks?

THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS

What is really funny is, that i can load up WoW right now and find 468753 bugs, none of them are gamebreaking, but none of the bugs in TOR is either.

ok so a game thats been out for about 6 or so years (wow) has less buggs than a mmo that has been out for 3 weeks?

THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS

Doesn't matter. SWTOR didn't release in 2004 with WoW, it released at the end of 2011 - so it's competing against all MMOs in the market as of December 2011 - now.

THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS

This is an awful, awful analogy. BioWare had years to see what was right and what worked in other MMO's and mysteriously (and oddly?) left ALL of those elements out. They brought NOTHING new to the table, and what they DID bring is beyond broken.

1.) Notice how all the fanboys can say is things like "bye bye" or some weird retort which has no substance. Why is that? Because even you realize you're in denial at this point, and that we're right?

2.) In response to the guy up above saying "buy bye." Don't worry. We'll all go back to WoW, or our respective MMO's. The incredible drop of players on all the servers show this as evidence. The fanboys who say "go back to WoW.." guess what? You're BioWare's worst nightmare. They don't want to lose a single subscription.. and people are leaving in DROVES. Read /1. Read the forums. Read 4chan. Read reddit. Read critic review sites.

This game WILL go down as the biggest blunder in all of gaming history.

Except a game that released in 2004 that was also an MMO had even more bugs and launch issues...

Arguement holds no weight, its 2012 (release in 2011) theres plenty of testing and technology to repair the very basic of bugs this game has present in it. This game wasn't tested properly, its like they relied on people in the BETA test in which

A) They gave little to no feedback about the game so BW thought nothing was wrong

or

B) BW received the feedback but refused to do anything about it for the quick cash in.

Open up your guild menu and tell me your satisfied with the features you've been supplied.

Are you happy having 2 line spaces for your Ginfo and Gdescription? Are you happy being told a guild bank will be delivered in a future patch and announced in such a way they are selling it like its a new ground breaking feature? Are you happy about the UI designs present in-game, not limited to the HUD but guild, GNT interface etc? If you are then you must have a very low threshold for quality.

Except a game that released in 2004 that was also an MMO had even more bugs and launch issues...

Yet somehow it had legs and still has 11 million subscribers. It had bugs, but it also had heart, soul, and a beautiful vibe to it. Everyone know they were entering into something special, bugs or not.

This game has NONE of that magical feeling. Zero.

You do understand that the more people that quit the worse off for this game, right?

Nevermind - you probably don't grasp the concept.

Depends, if a guy comes into a restaurant screaming about how poor his service was, because he wants to make sure all the people inside know that he's unhappy about something, believe me they don't want you there. There is a saying in business, 'We don't want your business.'

Doesn't matter. SWTOR didn't release in 2004 with WoW, it released at the end of 2011 - so it's competing against all MMOs in the market as of December 2011 - now.

exactly is been out since 2004 so it should be near flawless and its not like im comparing graphics am i

besides they make expansions and patches with the same age tech as swtor was developed with but yet there content updates are buggy as well

Whilst I can appreciate and agree with the desire to see "beautiful, expansive zones" that have lively creatures and ambience, I don't think it's a fair assessment to exaggerate and say the game is in "alpha" stage.

That's just being ridiculous.

You do understand that the more people that quit the worse off for this game, right?

Nevermind - you probably don't grasp the concept.

Speaking about not grasping simple concepts.

You do understand that people who say they quit most are the ones to quit last?

And you do realize that stream of new people trying the game is usually bigger then vocal quitters unless the game is complete and utter failure, which is not the case of TOR?

Ohh the irony.

This is an awful, awful analogy. BioWare had years to see what was right and what worked in other MMO's and mysteriously (and oddly?) left ALL of those elements out. They brought NOTHING new to the table, and what they DID bring is beyond broken..

Thing is, alot of those things they "left" out is per design choice, not because they forgot, you may not agre with it, but others do, i know i dont miss a LFG tool for example.

And i dont know what it is that is beyond broken, sure there are some small anoyences, but nothing major gamebreaking.

/pat

It's ok. Take comfort in knowing that Diablo 3 and GW2 will tear this game into pieces.

Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, WoWx5, and SC2x2 will put this game down in the free-to-play bin so fast. BioWare truly may fold over this. People will get fired. Mark my words. This game will go down as the biggest blunder in all of gaming history. EALouse was right. 300 million dollars on sound.. except, they forgot the "MMO" and the "gameplay."

Does BioWare REALLY think they'll retain subscriptions on a BROKEN SINGLE-PLAYER GAME? What studio developers sat around with smiles and said "This game is amazing. It's ready for release." Those people will be DRUMMED out of the business. BioWare is never, ever to be trusted again.