Is AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI grapic card good for medium?

DarthMugetsu

There are mobo+processor deals on many websites can get a 2500k+mobo for around 300bucks.

Not everyone has this laying around thought m8, including me lol :D

What specs is the rest of your computer? (I have a HD 5750 and it runs on high without to much issues, I have it on med for PVP)

Not everyone has this laying around thought m8, including me lol :D

What specs is the rest of your computer? (I have a HD 5750 and it runs on high without to much issues, I have it on med for PVP)

He is not playing the game on medium on a 10 year old computer.

The processor is not going to be capable of handling it.

okay, thats not 10 years old... But it is single-core so i dont know how well it will run SWTOR.

If you dont have alot to spend on a graphics card, try to at least get a 6870 or GTX460. If you go lower you wont get alot for the money.

And how much would those be?

Don't buy cards from the 6xxx series where you got a 5 as the second number.Those are always the poor downgraded cards of the series of gfx cards.

Go for the 67xx cards or just wait till the 7xxx series come out.Or are they already?Don't know.

Edited by HerrFett

Don't buy cards from the 6xxx series where you got a 5 as the second number.Those are always the poor cards of the series of gfx cards.

Go for the 67xx cards or just wait till the 7xxx series come out.Or are they already?Don't know.

what about the 66xx?

I would be much more concerned with your processor and amount of RAM to begin with, let alone a graphics card.

If you're on a budget the best route to go is AMD; likely your best bet would be a Phenom II X4, the 3.0Ghz is only 125$ and you can grab a cheap and reliable Asus motherboard for less. 4Gb of RAM nowadays is only around 30 - 40$ as well (which is more or less the baseline currently). I'd imagine that would total around 250 - 300$, at which point you can go for a graphics card, with a GTX 460 putting you in a good spot for a while to come and only costing around 150ish.

I chose the Nvidia route for graphics because their drivers are generally much better and better optimized than you'd find in ATI cards at the same price point -- though, I may just be partially bias.

All-in-all, your "rig" definitely needs some work, and you don't have to spend a fortune to play SWTOR, just enough to be at standard.

Edited by Mordithqt

I was wondering if a AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI was good to run on medium I have a 2002 Microsoft Desktop

Hang on, hang on.. you need to take a step back.

Computer building 101:

You CANNOT just go slapping pieces together and assume they'll all work!

You need to start by looking at your current hardware and seeing if they're compatible with new hardware. Between 2002 and 2012 there were fairly large jumps in technology. Trying to slap an AMD Phenom 3.3 chip into a motherboard that doesn't support the AM3 socket is just going to waste your money, if not damage the chip. That's $230 dollars you just wasted.

Same theory is applied to any other card you plan on adding to your computer: It's not a lego set you can just keep replacing pieces with. If you want add a new graphics card, you first have to see if your power supply has correct power to run the higher end graphics card. Also, you need to see if your motherboard supports PCI-e/PCI, or if it runs AGP (or ISA for ANCIENT computers).

All the parts on a computer are interconnected with each other. Anything you do on one will affect the rest of the machine, even down to how you install RAM. Let me put it this way: When I started to upgrade my old machine, I did the research, looked up the parts I wanted, and realized that building a new machine is what I needed. Want to upgrade the CPU? Required a new motherboard. New Motherboard/64bit processor (for 64bit OS) meant more RAM. The type of RAM was dependent on the Motherboard. you can see where I'm going with this...

Edited by shinacarana

I am only getting the 65xx until I can get more money to get a 67xx or a GeForce pc

Its a complete waste of money, but hey, it's your money!

(no one who knows what they're talking about would ever recommend someone to buy that card, no matter how little money they have)

what about the 66xx?

Complete crap, dont buy it, save a month and buy a real graphics card.