Mod Stations: Whats the Point and other lame things.

hammarus

Other than the initial xp gain from using a mod station they serve no purpose. This is sad really. Everyone just rightclick+ctrl gear where ever they happen to be. So much for immersion.

On the same topic, it would be nice if it cost credits to add mods not take them out. As peeps just click and drag a new mod right on top of the old. Making pulling them out not only pointless but expensive.

Sorry, but any other solutions to these issues means they should just take the mod tables out of the game and save on environment polygons and lag. And, being able to no cost upgrade mod gear makes crafted gear pointless.

Bioware, where are you on this?

I know they are pointless. My point is remove them already. They create confusion, serve no function and add to polygon count in the game creating lag.

I would guess that adding new content to sustain (and increase) subs, and taking care of high impact bugs, are likely higher priority than removing something that isn't negatively affecting the game, at this point.

Back during beta - mod system was a bit more complex than it is now and right click didn't always work so using the station was a lot easier.

I think most beta testers didn't like having to travel to a major hub just to mod their gear - so they updated the system where you could "mod on the fly".

From an RP standpoint - the mod stations make perfect sense - so thus probably why they were kept in.

Perhaps there is a plan for them - but honestly, are they really that annoying? You use it once, you gain a little bit of xp, and you're done with it.

Other than the initial xp gain from using a mod station they serve no purpose. This is sad really. Everyone just rightclick+ctrl gear where ever they happen to be. So much for immersion.

On the same topic, it would be nice if it cost credits to add mods not take them out. As peeps just click and drag a new mod right on top of the old. Making pulling them out not only pointless but expensive.

Sorry, but any other solutions to these issues means they should just take the mod tables out of the game and save on environment polygons and lag. And, being able to no cost upgrade mod gear makes crafted gear pointless.

Bioware, where are you on this?

What do you think the performance increase on your machine will be with out the mod station?

Do you think this is really a big deal? Would you like them to stop working on bugs and the next content patch in order to remove these mod stations? Granted it's not a major issue, but it will require QA spend time making sure they removed them properly.

Why are you so upset over these mod stations? They have a cool gun icon over them. I have yet to hear any confusion over them. Who here is confused over the mod station raise your hand pls.

Why are you so upset over these mod stations? They have a cool gun icon over them. I have yet to hear any confusion over them. Who here is confused over the mod station raise your hand pls.

I've had people question the use of mod stations. But once you explain it to them, they just say, "Oh ok, thanks for info", and they move on.

So even those who were confused, most still don't find such a big issue about them being there.

So you're right. What's the big deal on creating an upset thread over it?

why not make them useful?

For example: If you mod your equipment at a station why not reduce the cost of removing items by 75%?

Also how about reverse engineering things at a work station gives you a better luck roll on getting a schematic and getting more resources back?

I would not be opposed to either of these suggestions.

They added a station post launch, it was in the patch notes, how's that for useless.

It is so if you don't finish the "visit a mod station" quest on your starting planet, you don't have to go back there after getting to fleet.

why not make them useful?

For example: If you mod your equipment at a station why not reduce the cost of removing items by 75%?

Also how about reverse engineering things at a work station gives you a better luck roll on getting a schematic and getting more resources back?

me likey

It is a huge and gamebreaking deal, and one of the reasons i cancelled.

+1

/5char

Mod tables left over from early beta changes are game-breaking and a reason to quit? :eek:

I have plenty of issues with this game, but remnants from an old system being left in is seriously small potatoes. But, to each their own, I guess.

Edited by Vodalus

Mod tables left over from early beta changes are game-breaking and a reason to quit? :eek:

I have plenty of issues with this game, but remnants from an old system being left in is seriously small potatoes. But, to each their own, I guess.

Hey Vodalus. I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm. If not, yikes.

Hey Vodalus. I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm. If not, yikes.

Ok, that's what I get for reading while cooking; I'm only half paying attention. I went back and looked again and I see it now. What's scary is that it was believable even at half attention- I've seen some pretty crazy statements around here that were real "complaints".