Civil War - East/West or Mid/Side?

Hannah_banana

Both sides to start. You can hold off superior numbers on both sides for quite a bit longer because the speeder to them is much shorter and drops you much closer. Because of the speed to get to mid it is much harder to cap to start and hold.

There really isn't a strat that can't be countered, assuming both teams are on equal terms (gear, levels, number of players). The first minute of the game is usually the most important.

So what I've seen is this:

The Heavy Investor: 1-2 take one of the side, 7-6 mid. If both teams does the same, then each will get one side turret and they fight in the middle. But this gets countered by . . .

The Shot Gun: 1 side, 4 mid, 3 other side. There are a lot of variation of The Shot GUn play. Basically you hit all three turrets and take the 2 weakly defended one by sheer numbers. While 4 distracts the other team. But, any well-coordinated team will recognize where help are needed most and rushes there to lend aid.

Once your team captures 2 turret you just have 2 defenders at each turret and 4 roamers, ready to rush to each turret that needs help.

Both sides is better with a good team. No doubt.

With a pug I prefer side/mid because pugs tend to be awful and when you have bad players who are bad at calling mid/side is a better bet because there's less distance between your holdings.

I would agree with this, and thank you for solving a huge point of confusion for me. When I run pre-mades, sides work so well and it's efficient even against an excellent opposing team.

When I queue solo, I have tried and tried to convince people sides is superior, but it never works out like I plan, and we always end up with a two cap, owning mid. Go figure. :rolleyes: