Incoming Cartel Market Sale

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know about a sale coming to the Cartel Market this weekend!

When?

Friday, May 30th at 8AM Central - Sunday, June 1st at 8AM Central

What?

The following Hypercrates:

• Hypercrate: Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack
  • Hypercrate: Galactic Ace’s Starfighter Pack
  • Hypercrate: Opportunist’s Bounty Pack
  • Hypercrate: Hotshot’s Starfighter Pack
  • Hypercrate: Blockade Runner’s Cartel Pack
  • Hypercrate: Vice Commandant’s Contraband Pack
  • Hypercrate: Space Jockey’s Starfighter Pack
  • Hypercrate: Enforcer’s Contraband Pack
  • Hypercrate: Dogfighter’s Starfighter Pack

How Much?

Each of these Hypercrates will be 28% off. I know what you're thinking, 28%?! That's a strange number. The reason that they are 28% is that at that discount they end up being exactly 5500 Cartel Coins, meaning they can be bought in a single purchase.

You may also notice that some of these are embargoed packs so make sure to log in and get them while they're around.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! My favorite pack, Vice Commandant's pack is back! Can't wait to pick some up!

I know right ▲! when they first came out I bought one, and on the first one I happened to get a cartel skiff!!! and on my smuggler no less!! now he rides in style :rak_03:

I know right ▲! when they first came out I bought one, and on the first one I happened to get a cartel skiff!!! and on my smuggler no less!! now he rides in style :rak_03:

The skiffs are great mounts, I find that all the Vice Commandant's pack items are really high quality and good.

I'd be happy to pay to have real content instead of reskins or slight modifications of existing meshes.

Then for $39.99 I can have plenty stuff on Steam.

Edited by Deewe

I'd be happy to pay to have real content instead of reskins or slight modifications of existing meshes.

Then for $39.99 I can have plenty stuff on Steam.

yeah true, but tehy diverted most effort to the expansions so hopefully those will be good. Anyway, the cartel team is seperate from the teams that produce actual content, and this is actually old packs on sale so either way not too bad for those who want to reload on stuff.

I'd be happy to pay to have actual content instead of reskins or slight modifications of existing meshes.

Why would you want pay for "actual content," i.e. missions, ops and FPs? You will get that for free ... even F2P get some ... when it is ready.

You should be very happy: BW gives you what you want for free, and pays for developing the stuff you want (at least in part) by selling generally unnecessary things you do not want but that other people do. It's like getting free steak because other people are buying sprinkles to put on their ice cream.

as good as this sounds, I am unfortunately not gonna be able to get any of them because it is happening around a bad time for me......

yeah I wish it was more than just hypercrates, don't get me wrong the hypercrate sale is a nice touch but it would be very nice if they put some other valuable items on sale too like last time

$55 worth of digital trinkets or 3 2/3rds more months of sub? Hmmm.

exactly, it would be better if in addition to the hypercrate sales they would put some quality items cheaper especially because of the price so more people can participate and get something worth while. But to be fair, thanks to meticulous saving from my 525 cc's a month and because of a few lucky hits on my refferal link I will be able to purchase a hypercrate WITHOUT SPENDING A CENT :D

Edited by Sangrar

exactly, it would be better if in addition to the hypercrate sales they would put some quality items cheaper especially because of the price so more people can participate and get something worth while. But to be fair, thanks to meticulous saving from my 525 cc's a month and because of a few lucky hits on my refferal link I will be able to purchase a hypercrate WITHOUT SPENDING A CENT :D

Lucky and smart one!

/tiphat

Welp, time to clean house on all those little bits of my Collections I was missing.

Bless you, flooded markets.

lol - yep. I mean, after treek sale, it dropped to just above 1 mill for a bit, so I may get a few shinies I missed out on while there were still affordable :D I was saving up the credits for stuff from new pack shipment, but oh well.. I can always make more credits :D

Doesn't surprise me they'd bring back old cartel packs.

£23.99 for a hypercrate? You can buy a bunch of games for that. Or you can actually bother to play SWTOR, earn credits and buy them off the GTN.

How much is a hypercrate now? Around 7 or 8m? Depending on server of course.

They should just make an option to pay £20 for 5m credits on the website, it's exactly the same as buying hypercrates and selling them for credits, but u just gotta wait out the timer.

Edited by Elite-Defender

Doesn't surprise me they'd bring back old cartel packs.

£23.99 for a hypercrate? You can buy a bunch of games for that. Or you can actually bother to play SWTOR, earn credits and buy them off the GTN.

How much is a hypercrate now? Around 7 or 8m? Depending on server of course.

They should just make an option to pay £20 for 5m credits on the website, it's exactly the same as buying hypercrates and selling them for credits, but u just gotta wait out the timer.

it is NOT the same thing.

Buying a hypercrate and selling it on the gtn means that someone in the end is getting a hypercrate, and the pack and its contents will end up being distributed throughout the community or the the buyer of the pack if they choose to keep it all. The point is, if you sell hypercrates and/or packs, at least the community is getting something too and helps stimulate the in game economy

Just buying credits straight up gives nothing to the community and jsut screws with the economy, imagine a rich guy who for the **** of it buys enough credits to buy everything on the gtn, it results in massive inflation and thats not good.

Edited by Sangrar