Which PVP West server should I pick.

solicehaha

Well, there are a few considerations. If you have any friends who will be playing, you might want to try to roll on their servers. You might want also want a server in your area, so the other people playing will be in a similar timezone and active at around the same times and so that the server will be physically closer to you and latency will be lower. Once you narrow servers down this way, you can pick one at random or create a character on a few and try to get a feel for whether which one you like. Last but not least, if you're into multiplayer play (flashpoints, operations, and premade PVP groups), you can look for a guild of like-minded people with similar playstyles and join their server.

The Crucible Pits if you plan on being Republic or Empire is a really good choice. Really good amount of Empire that out number the republic but not by a huge margin. Ruinous guild on Republic side with 500+ members and Dara Mactire with 500+ members also on Empire. Both guilds are top PvP guilds who focus on large scale battles and world PvP. These are just two of the many large guilds rolling on that server with 300-400+ members already signed up.

Dara Mactire houses players like Swifty and Athene. Two well known players.

The Crucible Pits will definitely be an epic server .

Edited by theHightech

The Swiftsure seems like it is going to be the West coast PVP server of choice. My Sith guild, Diabolic, is currently the largest Imperial faction guild on The Swiftsure.

On the Republic side, the largest guild currently on The Swiftsure is Hello Critty, operated by the famous blue-haired Texan, Pokket.....some of you might be familiar with her online gaming streams.

Come join the fun on The Swiftsure!

:cool:

Edited by Melderyni

Well, there are a few considerations. If you have any friends who will be playing, you might want to try to roll on their servers. You might want also want a server in your area, so the other people playing will be in a similar timezone and active at around the same times and so that the server will be physically closer to you and latency will be lower. Once you narrow servers down this way, you can pick one at random or create a character on a few and try to get a feel for whether which one you like. Last but not least, if you're into multiplayer play (flashpoints, operations, and premade PVP groups), you can look for a guild of like-minded people with similar playstyles and join their server.

How do I find out where the actual server is located at? Sounds like some of the pvp servers are shaping up pretty good. Ill be rolling combat medic so I hope there is not a surplus of healers (LOL like that ever happens).

So, which is it? Swiftsure? I'm thinking about rerolling as Wound in the Force is a disappointment, hehe.

They need some more republic players on Daragon Trail. So far the numbers arent too bad but more would help.

Edited by pinkwun

So, which is it? Swiftsure? I'm thinking about rerolling as Wound in the Force is a disappointment, hehe.

At this point it's still hard to predict which server will become dominant on the west coast. From what I've read, Crucible Pits does have the top two or three largest guilds on both factions, if that's your cup of tea. Swiftsure will have the additional players from the Oceanic (Australia) region, meaning you can expect action around the clock.

10:1 Empire:Republic ratio.

Ruin(ous), Darth Hater, and Ebonlore are all on Empire.

Huge guilds, terrible zerging will occur. We switched over to Swiftsure now.

Where are you getting those numbers?

According to this thread Ruin is consolidating on Crucible Pits and Ebonlore has moved to an east coast server. I've heard that Wound in the Force is one of the more balanced servers but would love to know if this is incorrect.

Since Swiftsure is going to be an aussie server, would my ping be higher on Swiftsure as opposed to Crucible? I assume they would be moving that server or host or whatever close to Australia, since they're ping is pretty bad connecting to west coast...

absolutely not, unofficial servers are just that, unofficial. If BW were to ever (and they probably won't) release an Australian server it would be a new, "official" one.

10:1 Empire:Republic ratio.

Ruin(ous), Darth Hater, and Ebonlore are all on Empire.

Huge guilds, terrible zerging will occur. We switched over to Swiftsure now.

You are making huge assumptions.

( 1 ) Ruin was a remnant. All of Ruin are rolling Republic on Crucible Pits

( 2 ) Ebonlore never set foot on ***. They went east to Helm Of Gaurush

( 3 ) It is only day 2 of EGA, many people haven't even gotten in. During actual launch many servers should have healthy populations for PvP