Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PennyAnn
11.20.2017 , 05:01 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
My guess (just a guess!) is that they will not be doubling them. Not because they're being malicious, but because they have to draw the line somewhere. That line will be the update, where everything from that point forward is double.

If they double our stockpiles during the update, what happens to the people who earned UCs during the same time period (before the update), but spent them 1 week, or 1 day, or 1 hour before the update? Not everyone reads the forums and they'll just read the patch notes when the update drops. Those people would have a legitimate gripe, if they miss out on the chance to double their stack.
But it isn't doubling their stack. It is giving that stack the same value it had BEFORE the update. With prices doubled, but your currency not... you are losing half of the value that those UCs have today due to artificial inflation. If they really do intend for the result to be what Musco posted last week: "This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC." Then spending this week means you've got the total value out of your UCs previously earned (as they have not yet doubled the price).
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link

LordTurin
11.20.2017 , 05:39 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
But it isn't doubling their stack. It is giving that stack the same value it had BEFORE the update. With prices doubled, but your currency not... you are losing half of the value that those UCs have today due to artificial inflation. If they really do intend for the result to be what Musco posted last week: "This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC." Then spending this week means you've got the total value out of your UCs previously earned (as they have not yet doubled the price).
This exactly.

Put another way, if you do spend the UCs before the update, then you don't lose any value (even if they double them) as the cost of everything is also doubled.

It is only if you don't spend them that you lose half the value if they don't double them. And while spending them ahead of time is an option, it's a pretty bad option as most people with lots of UCs don't want gear for their main, they want it for an alt, especially implants/earpieces/relics, which you can't even transfer over.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

AlienEyeTX
11.21.2017 , 05:32 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
I must have misread something earlier. If the costs are doubling, then, yes, they absolutely should double our current UC stack. Agreed.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

DarthEnrique
11.21.2017 , 07:23 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
Why double the price and make it take longer to get gear? You are already forcing PVE players to grind and hope it drops out of the Command Crates now that you are making it where UC is only given by disintegrating gear you donít need which was not mentioned in the original announcement
Quote:
Galactic Command upgraded disintegrate system Ė this QoL improvement changes how disintegrate works and instead of CXP gives you legacy-bound Unassembled Components
so this was just added and now you are double the prices on the gear (again was not mentioned at all in the original announcement)?! Enough of this grinding fest for no rewards!
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

PennyAnn
11.21.2017 , 05:58 PM | #215
To those interested in the resolution to my request for clarification - there was a response in the other thread that follows:

Hey folks,

Great question! Amidst all of the changes I forgot to talk about what happens with current Unassembled Components (UC). With 5.6 we will be increasing the UC that each player has by the same rate that the item costs are increasing. This way they retain the same value.

Basically it is this:
  • The cost of items for UC has been increased.
  • The UC Mission rewards, etc have been increased by that same rate.
  • The UC that you currently possess has been increased by that same rate.
-eric
Thank you again, Eric for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link

DarthPrimus
11.21.2017 , 06:56 PM | #216
[*]New item, the Masterís Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
Okay, a little clarification on this. By "does not progress story" do you mean, say, if we boost a character to 70, it doesn't finish/lock out what's left of any stories they have not played through, class stories, Makeb, SoR, etc., or does this mean it does close out further access to those stories and they will no longer be able to play through them?
"A person who knows everything can never learn anything."

Referral link? Why yes, I have one of those right HERE for you.

LordTurin
11.21.2017 , 08:31 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPrimus View Post
Okay, a little clarification on this. By "does not progress story" do you mean, say, if we boost a character to 70, it doesn't finish/lock out what's left of any stories they have not played through, class stories, Makeb, SoR, etc., or does this mean it does close out further access to those stories and they will no longer be able to play through them?
Does not close out further access. You are exactly where you were in the story prior to using the token, so if you are a Jedi, you are still chilling on Tython (well, it puts you on your starship so you have it, but you get the idea)

LordTurin
11.21.2017 , 08:40 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEnrique View Post
Why double the price and make it take longer to get gear? You are already forcing PVE players to grind and hope it drops out of the Command Crates now that you are making it where UC is only given by disintegrating gear you donít need which was not mentioned in the original announcement

so this was just added and now you are double the prices on the gear (again was not mentioned at all in the original announcement)?! Enough of this grinding fest for no rewards!
They are literally doubling everything. It won't take any longer to get gear via PVP or Ops w/ UCs. All they are doing is adding in getting UCs from disintegration, so it is a net positive from a UC accrual perspective.

DarthPrimus
11.22.2017 , 02:20 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Does not close out further access. You are exactly where you were in the story prior to using the token, so if you are a Jedi, you are still chilling on Tython (well, it puts you on your starship so you have it, but you get the idea)
Yeah, just read the article about that. Appreciate you taking the time to answer as well.
"A person who knows everything can never learn anything."

Referral link? Why yes, I have one of those right HERE for you.

DzastinBiberi
11.22.2017 , 09:56 PM | #220
I have a question and I hope that Mr. Musco can give us an answer.

Will there still be a cap of 350.000 credits for prefered players?

Now that credits will become legacy is it possible to at least raise the cap?