Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
11.20.2017 , 09:02 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
Some people just want to get on with their lives instead of having to repeat themselves in different ways over and over again.
Then do that. No need to stamp your feet and yell "It's my football!" and go home mad.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
11.20.2017 , 09:06 AM | #202
Lot of people have valid comments about the Unassembled Components. The only reason to double the cost and the pay outs is if 1 unassembled component from disintegration in the current setup would be too many. As they can't give .5 of a component they have to double the cost of everything so it would in effect be .5 in todays values.

It would be really nice to know who is making the decisions, as it seems that they really don't like the players of this game. They decide that rng is too much of a factor so disintegration now gives components. However they don't really want to make this a viable route to the gear so they make it so it gives almost no components. Where is the logic in that agree that something isn't working and then put in a fix that does almost nothing to fix it.

Now all this is pretty bad, but its made worse by the lack of any direction this game is taking. Is it focusing on grouping actives, with 2 op bosses and 1 flashpoint so far it hardly seems the case. To see how it goes I pugged the new op bosses, I think we burnt through it in less than 20 mins. There wasn't a lot too it, annoyingly I can't seem to get back to the Heralds and see if there was any more story. Not exactly catering to the group content crowd. Story and solo play has been one chapter and one daily area so not exactly great. While the reskined PvP map has been delayed.

At what point does it seem like whoever it is making these changes appears to have some very strange idea about keeping the game going. If not for the loyal players and the IP what has been added to the game to make people sit up and think thats a damn fine place to be taking TOR.

Eli_Porter's Avatar


Eli_Porter
11.20.2017 , 09:07 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Then do that. No need to stamp your feet and yell "It's my football!" and go home mad.
That often makes the other side think they "won", so better to state your reasoning behind ending the debate.

OneHit's Avatar


OneHit
11.20.2017 , 09:52 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
@eric,
what will happen to the UC we currently have, will those be rolled into tokens? Or should we spend what we currently have before the update?

antonmb's Avatar


antonmb
11.20.2017 , 03:35 PM | #205
Closer to 5.6 and we absolutely still have zero feedback. I almost feel that the intent is malciious and they truly have no plans of doubling UC stockpiles we have already earned.

Eric/Keith - just give us a confirmation please. I am sure you can read this. If no doubling because you want to manage our progress for those that planned ahead, fine, then thatís a shame. If it was a mistake and you guys are working on fixing it but its in progress, then good to know. But the silence is deafening. We have been waiting for details on UC legacy implementation since the roadmap was announced and we get one dev post last week that just opens more questions.

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
11.20.2017 , 03:54 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
Closer to 5.6 and we absolutely still have zero feedback. I almost feel that the intent is malciious and they truly have no plans of doubling UC stockpiles we have already earned.

Eric/Keith - just give us a confirmation please. I am sure you can read this. If no doubling because you want to manage our progress for those that planned ahead, fine, then thatís a shame. If it was a mistake and you guys are working on fixing it but its in progress, then good to know. But the silence is deafening. We have been waiting for details on UC legacy implementation since the roadmap was announced and we get one dev post last week that just opens more questions.
My guess (just a guess!) is that they will not be doubling them. Not because they're being malicious, but because they have to draw the line somewhere. That line will be the update, where everything from that point forward is double.

If they double our stockpiles during the update, what happens to the people who earned UCs during the same time period (before the update), but spent them 1 week, or 1 day, or 1 hour before the update? Not everyone reads the forums and they'll just read the patch notes when the update drops. Those people would have a legitimate gripe, if they miss out on the chance to double their stack.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

dscount's Avatar


dscount
11.20.2017 , 03:55 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
Closer to 5.6 and we absolutely still have zero feedback. I almost feel that the intent is malciious and they truly have no plans of doubling UC stockpiles we have already earned.

Eric/Keith - just give us a confirmation please. I am sure you can read this. If no doubling because you want to manage our progress for those that planned ahead, fine, then thatís a shame. If it was a mistake and you guys are working on fixing it but its in progress, then good to know. But the silence is deafening. We have been waiting for details on UC legacy implementation since the roadmap was announced and we get one dev post last week that just opens more questions.
They won't say a word until patch notes. Then it's likely one of two things happen: (1) Missing from patch notes and they apologize like every other left out on purpose like update (2) Wait until the patch notes since it's likely bad news and then just drop the microphone. People will scream and they will just sit by and ride the wave as more sub's leave. After which they will post something about working to adjust, but will take 2-3 months to fix something that could have been a short click. All because some bean counter in the back room said we should only get XX UC's per disintegration. FYI - i think it's the same guy that does the balancing on character classes vs PVE content.

At this point - I'd be happy to see them publish a conversion ratio of 2:1 for existing UC's, BUT since it's Bioware and they still think RNG is exciting we will get 1:1 "IF" we are lucky and nothing if unlucky. Classic bait/switch - State QoL feature upgrade and then tweak it to the point that it actually creates more grind for gear. Clever marketing ploy.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

antonmb's Avatar


antonmb
11.20.2017 , 04:00 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
If they double our stockpiles during the update, what happens to the people who earned UCs during the same time period (before the update), but spent them 1 week, or 1 day, or 1 hour before the update? Not everyone reads the forums and they'll just read the patch notes when the update drops. Those people would have a legitimate gripe, if they miss out on the chance to double their stack.
If they spent then 1 week or 1 hour prior, then they bought from old rates. Nothing lost. Remember, prices are being doubled post update. So if they earned 270 UC and bought an item pre-update for also 270. Net zero.

In fact, given your argument of legiitmate gripe for not reading patch notes ó then all the more the need to double stockpiles. If you do not read patch notes: You go to bed with 270 UC, you wake up, and items cost double ó what was 270 in cost is now 540. All of a sudden, after going to bed, you cannot buy an upgrade. Now that is a legitimate gripe.

Hence, stacks MUST BE doubled.

Sargrith's Avatar


Sargrith
11.20.2017 , 04:01 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post


There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
Not really thrilled with any of this. Why make it a stackable item when like I am hoping you do with credits you can just make it a currency like it already is but with no limit. It seems clunky and messy.

So you double the costs, and the pay out.....why do that other than to make all current items worth half as much. That seems needlessly mean to devalue time already put in.

Shame another possible good thing, killed at the start.

And seriously can you stop mitigating the RNG and just remove it. Get rid of GC/RNG once and for all.

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.20.2017 , 04:54 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Why do people do this? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they don't understand you. So then you say this to insulate yourself further from debate. It's like you're afraid of being wrong. There is no right or wrong. Tribalism is far too rampant.
I'm not trying to be tribal, but I have explained myself so many times and he obviously does not understand me. His replies refer to "making up" for lost UCs with saving up loot crates to open after 5.6 drops and those give you UCs. Firstly, I've never included any saved up loot crates in this discussion because that assumes someone has been doing that (which not all have!), and it has nothing to do with the point about the value of previously earned currency.

He has also stated that he has no intention of changing his mind, no matter how many facts or how much support/back up we provide for our arguments.

Sometimes, talking to a brick wall gets you nowhere. That's really it. I'm not insulating myself from anything. If someone can have a discussion about this, hearing the points that have been made (not only by me, by the way but several others) and justify why Bioware would double rewards from all sources, double the cost, but devalue the UCs already obtained by people - I'm perfectly willing to concede. So far, I haven't heard anything that comes close and still feel like it is not a good idea to cut our past efforts in half. They are simply overlooking this down side - to our detriment and theirs (in terms of a happier player base, many of us here since launch).
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link