4th isn't bad

xordevoreaux

City of Heroes at 9 and DCUO at 8 is ridiculous. CoH to me personally is #1, SWTOR #2, ESO #3, FFXIV #4, and WOW #5.

Even without my bias I would think CoH is in the top 5. I wouldn't have DCUO in the top 10.

SWTOR is the closest to CoH to me, but is missing many basic features that CoH had. To be fair, SWTOR has features that CoH did not have (example: PVP is much better).

Ok hold up. Why is the writing in this article years old, when this says 'published in 2019'? Read the Wildstar 9/2018 update section and the first lines of the SWTOR section say the game came out 5 years ago?

I also thought his was maybe a list of -active- MMOs, but with wildstar on here that clearly isn't the case. So not having mentioned Star Wars Galaxies (SW fandom aside), I can't even consider this a credible list. Dark Age of Camelot also doesn't even get an honorable mention. When SWG and DAoC are possibly the two best open world MMOs of their time (if not all time). The crafting system in SWG is also to this day regarded in high esteem.

I think that website/article needs a revamp and update.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I don't know if I would say WoW is just for children, but I would say Activision-Blizzard really dug their own grave for that game. Players are fleeing BfA(their latest expansion) in masses and it seems WoW's glory days are at a complete end. It was a long time coming.

SWTOR was one of those games that had a serious chance to de-throne WoW years ago and ironically, it may end up doing that after all. It just depends on how EA/Bioware handle things for SWTOR. I hope they dedicate more to this game and that the upcoming expansion does well. There's still tons of potential here.

1. I agree that WOW is not childish .. You don't hold the #1 spot for as long as they have for no reason at all. Like it or not it's just that simple. When I'm not here I'm on WOW. This time around I got tired of the only companions that were worth anything being either a flea bitten animal or a drunken dwarf all the time .. enough was enough ! And as you poined the last XP (whiich I paid for was just horrible).. Two months into it .. I logged into my account and deactivated it. Once that sub runs out .. I wont be there to renew it! It's just that simple.

2. You are right... SWTOR has as much potential as it ever has. I really hope that the development team gets it right this time around. I reeally do hope for the best. I know that there will be challanges along the way. There always is. I'm really hoping for new / better contient; more fun with companions, (hopefully) a new stronghold, better stuff for those who are envolved heavily in PvP .. and more cool stuff in PvE. ( We'll look to other threads to get more detailed).

Back on topic: I genuinely hope that everyone on the development team as well as those who are just "getting the daily work done" for SWTOR (and that is a huge number of people) .. understand we appreciate what they have accomplished ...

Here's to hoping for a brighter future!