I'll try to be civil.

Findrin

Greetings, Bioware and Forum Goers:

This is my first, and will also be my last post. I am not resubscribing.

I am not using this as occasion as a vain attempt at trolling, or ignite a flame war while my account still has forum privileges, but merely to speak my peace.

I, like many, had high hopes for this game from the very beginning; As a long time player of SWG, I was looking forward to another Star Wars MMO, or at least a Sci-fi deviation from the fantasy norm. What I received at least met that criteria, but nothing more. Let's discuss some buzzwords that are currently popular with your company.

-Innovation-

Nothing. Zip. Nada. Instead of trying something new combat wise, we got the "if it ain't broke don't fix it/this is the way the pioneers did it/so dusty the closet looks like the Lost City of the Sands" Tank/dps/heals dynamic. Space battles are boring, rail shooter segments that can be experienced better elsewhere. Voice acting is interesting the first go around, but once an alt levels up I found myself spamming space bar. This is, at best, a single player game with a subscription fee, or an rpg with tacked on multiplayer with paid DLC at worst.

-Surprise and Delight-

This is a gem that got thrown around quite a lot during the post DA2 season. The only thing I was surprised about was the voice acting, when I found out that Shepard syndrome is apparently spreading at an exponential rate. I was not delighted.

Please keep in mind, I'm not a naysayer, or a hater, or someone who hopped on a bandwagon. I love you guys! I've purchased every single Bioware game that has ever existed! I LIKED Jade Empire! I....didn't mind....the changes in ME2! However, I was burned rather badly with DA2. I still wanted the benefit of the doubt. I wanted to like this game, but too many issues have arisen: Poor management, lousy graphics, boring combat, and plenty more that have been repeated to death already.

The 'innovation' did not surprise me, and it did not delight me. If anything, it made me mourn the loss of KoToR 3. As I said before, I have purchased every single Bioware game. DA2 burned me badly, ToR has caused me pain, and as I am not a supporter of the 'third time is a charm' mantra, I will not be purchasing Mass Effect 3, and nor do I see myself buying another Bioware game in the future.

On this day, Bioware, you have lost a long time customer. I realize I probably don't matter, or perhaps you simply don't care; I am just one insignificant man after all.

If I could close with anything, it would be a question: What happened to the Bioware level of quality? I have not seen it for quite some time.

Regards,

A Whining and Entitled Troll whose Remarks will Likely be Brushed off in the Name of Denial and Accountability.

Good Day.

good post in my opinion

bioware seemed to rely almost 100% on people going "hey i love star wars, I'll play an inferior version of WoW just because it has good voice acting and lightsabers" , rather than try to do anything innovative ... or even acceptable

if this wasnt star wars...if this was just a made up franchise....would ANYONE play this? I doubt it.

I'll try to be civil.

Good, nobody else will be.

Also, I sympathize with you. Bioware (since the incursion by EA) has gone downhill. Still, Mass Effect 3 might not be worth passing up. It might be the last good game the company ever produces...

Why must everything alway sbe innovative? Can't people make the same but better?

In that regard thought, the following things, like them or otherwise, are new to the MMO genre, or at the very least to the mainstream genre.

Stroytelling

Full voice acting

Light/darkside

Companions

Modable items for look customisation

Legacy experience/levels

Spaceship combat in an avatar based MMO (unless you want to count Star Trek >.>)

Exploration for real reward (datacrons).

Now, just because you spacebar the text, always pick dark for every convo, don't like the space combat and look up datacrons on the net, that doesn't make them more innovative. It just means you don't like it.

It's ok to not like it. Just say it. Don't make crap up.

Nice post.

No.. seriously, nice post.

SERIOUSLY, NICE POST.

I'm not kidding dude it was a good post, your waiting for me to flame you now, calling you a troll and saying good riddance good bye and can i have your stuff and trashing everything you said.

But, really, good post you voiced your opinion well spoken.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. Unfortunately, we will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback center around Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - not cancellations.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.