Some love for Armstech please?

Woks

I reached lvl 400 armstech, what am I going to do with it? really no Idea. Ive already gotten a better gun than the one available from crafting, I can buy barrel taht are much better than the one we craft with the dailies commendation. So what is the point on even ahving this profession you tell me?

Im actually considering going armortech because at least they received bracers and waist that are pretty decent. biochem have good stim that are reusable, cybertech has bunch of implant or earpiece. Why would I be armstech and not one of those 3 other?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm nearing 300+ with my Armstech I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. I've only ever crafted 1 gun that was useful to me so far and even then I know it'll be replaced by an orange I find else where. The inability to use barrels and other mods on the purple items you craft seem to downplay the entire point of crafting both guns and add-ons altogether. Furthermore pumping out 3-10+ copies of a gun that takes 20-30 minutes to make just hoping to RE it for a better version becomes tedious and annoying after a while. It would be more rewarding if the guns that you can produce were comparable to that of guns you find through quests then it'd be nice, but so far it doesn't seem to be the case. At any point where you can craft a nice gun for yourself there is the alternative of a FP/quest gun or a PvP gun that is just as good if not better.

Simply put it feels unrewarding to pump all this time and effort into a skill that feels like it's never going to go anywhere.

The value of these disciplines comes at the end. Making gear is almost worthless during the leveling phase.

Furthermore, if any crew skills are out of line, they'll probably be fixed shortly. Maybe days, maybe weeks. A month or two at the worst. So switching because you're concerned about something's long-term potential might not be a good idea, considering that we're expecting the long-term potentials to switch a LOT in next few patches/content additions.

The issue is not the lvling process, I don't think any crew skill is intended to be really excellent for making stuff that will be useful for lvling, Its focused to be a farming until the max lvl. You don't take a profession because it gives you lvling gear but because it gives you high end advantage when you get to lvl 50. The problem right now is that this profession isn't getting any reward from that farming. You lvl it to 400 and that's it. Nothing useful at the end that you didn't get from a quest or a daily in less than an hour after hitting lvl 50.

I see posts of peoples crying over Armortechm saying it's worthless. Why? They are getting t3 bracer and belt. What did armstech get? Nothing that is. The main reason why I don't see lot of people complaining about armstech is because nearly nobody went that way when they saw you wouldn't be able to get anything great from it compared to the other crafting profession.

The only reason I'm keeping right now is because its crew mission are not hard enough to lvl and this will eventually be nerfed for sure. When that happens maybe the Devs will have done something good with that crafting skill and I will be happy not having to regrind it.

I thought i'd be able to make fully customizable weapons to be honest. But so far, all I've managed is an "Exceptional" weapon with one mod slot, once. And the weapon itself as a bit pap.

By the time I gather the materials I need, to make a gun that is better than what I have received through a quest (even if it is a pruple!), I've found another weapon that is better still.

I've placed purple weapons and barrels on the GTN, but no one's buying it...obviously, because people get better things for free without even trying too hard.

I've wasted so much money on armstech and have to date only ever made something useful for my companion. Either I'm doing it wrongly - or the whole player-economy side is screwed.

Seems to me I'd be better off just doing the gathering skills and selling that stuff for people who are trying to make crafting work.

Agreed, so far I have created nothing that could be considered useful to myself or anybody else. Everything you could possibly want or need is readily avaliable from various missions and vendors, so why would anyone purchase equipment you've made from GTN.

• 2 weeks later...
Im a level 28 bounty hunter and i find the only thing of use i make is barrels. The guns you make are never very good. On the plus side, I can keep my orange guns damage constantly up to date with my level through barrels, which i like! I know you can do this with commendations but i find im always in a zone thats below my level and it means i can spend them on the other mods I can't make :)

Actually armstech is even worse at the end. At 50 anyone can go do a few dailies on Ilum or Belsavis and then go buy a better barrel than we are able to make so our mods are thus worthless and not worth the mats at 50.

The only true use i've seen out of armtech altogether is just using blue barrles during the levelling process and making Scatterguns. Scatterguns is the only player used weapon in the game (and vibroknives for the imps) that isn't moddable. Otherwise theres only techstaves and techblades but those are only used for companions.

• 3 weeks later...

I am level 400 armstech. I have been there for atleast 3+ weeks I have spent tons of money a resources getting snipers/blaster rifles/blaster pistols up to the epic versions. Tons of wasted mats to get thses level 50 artifact guns that link green and are only decent to use if they get an augment slot and even then comp gear at best.

I can make barrels people say, sweet... but you can buy them with daily coms like in the orginal post the guy said anything I can make can be outdated by sub par blue level 50 gear.

Biometric crystal alloy x3 to make the guns the armstech vendor sells me. A level 48 orange gun with 3 blue mods in it. thses guns are not worth nearly the mats you use.

Synthweaving - Bracers / Waist teir3.

Armormech - Bracers / waist teir3.

Biocem - Implants w/aug slots beter then t3. reuseable Stim, Adrenal, and health pack

Cyber tech - Earpeice good but lacking in my eyes, but I guess they get summons? so we will see

Artifice - Rare color crystals that are best in slot. Relics with augment slots.. t3 relics..

Armstech - level 48 Orange guns with blue mods. All of the above weapon and mod vendors sell better. We can make Advanced whatever Barrel 22 and you can buy Advanced whatever barrel 23 from a vendor.

Where is our rakta mainhand? or offhand? or even better ranking barrels. Maybe even something for use to use our Biometric Crystal Alloys on other then orange guns that cost 3 a peice. No other crew skill uses 3 all 1 for 1. We will all drop and go biocem I maybe even go armor mech first get my belt and bracers then maybe artifice and then to biocem because the adrenal stim and health pack are over powerd.

Edited by CrazygniK

I am level 400 armstech. I have been there for atleast 3+ weeks I have spent tons of money a resources getting snipers/blaster rifles/blaster pistols up to the epic versions. Tons of wasted mats to get thses level 50 artifact guns that link green and are only decent to use if they get an augment slot and even then comp gear at best.

I can make barrels people say, sweet... but you can buy them with daily coms like in the orginal post the guy said anything I can make can be outdated by sub par blue level 50 gear.

Biometric crystal alloy x3 to make the guns the armstech vendor sells me. A level 48 orange gun with 3 blue mods in it. thses guns are not worth nearly the mats you use.

Synthweaving - Bracers / Waist teir3.

Armormech - Bracers / waist teir3.

Biocem - Implants w/aug slots beter then t3. reuseable Stim, Adrenal, and health pack

Cyber tech - Earpeice good but lacking in my eyes, but I guess they get summons? so we will see

Artifice - Rare color crystals that are best in slot. Relics with augment slots.. t3 relics..

Armstech - level 48 Orange guns with blue mods. All of the above weapon and mod vendors sell better. We can make Advanced whatever Barrel 22 and you can buy Advanced whatever barrel 23 from a vendor.

Where is our rakta mainhand? or offhand? or even better ranking barrels. Maybe even something for use to use our Biometric Crystal Alloys on other then orange guns that cost 3 a peice. No other crew skill uses 3 all 1 for 1. We will all drop and go biocem I maybe even go armor mech first get my belt and bracers then maybe artifice and then to biocem because the adrenal stim and health pack are over powerd.

exactly how i feel. right now the only thing i make and sell are the 3 recipe drops for blue knives i've been able to get my hands on. nothing else sells. so 1 lvl 25 blue knife and 2 lvl 37 blue knives. what a waste of a profession indeed. thinking of making a ton of them sticking in an alts bank to sell slowly while leaving the profession for biochem like everyone else on my server.

*note* only reason i actually sell a decent amount of those knives is i am the only one making them.

and our needing 3 crystals for the lvl 48 knife. a joke. my first purple knife form pvp and hard modes blew it away.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

I thought I made something wrong, did I miss out on something? come on Bioware. The fact that there is NOTHING useful at all to do with armstech is beyond bad. It is so terribad I almost cant imagine anything worse. I mean, who thought this out? who of you MONKEYS designed a crewskill that is COMPLETLY useless?

For leveling, at its best useless. You can make a gun or barrel that last for 2 hours?

At 50, there is nothing! YOU HEAR ME BIOWARE?! USELESS! I can make a blue lvl 48 weapon! PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE! I got 400 skill for what? NOTHING! HAHAHAHA

I mean, next generation MMO!?! ***!?! This is degenerated complete ********.

All I have to say about this designer or design team who came up with the brilliant idea to make a crewskill that is COMPLETE USELESS is as follows.

*********** NOOB!!!

ability to make rakata barrels bind-on-pickup. 8 ultra chrome. 1 biometric alloy. and what ever other mats you want. but if we could get some rakata barrels. this crew skill would be balanced with the others imo.

thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.

SNAPS NECKS - belgoth's beacon

( the problem with complaining. is if you don't give a solution ) <--- quote by snaps necks.

Edited by Knobalz

Currently, there is 0 benefit from having Armstech on a main character, from a self-use perspective. There is nothing to learn which provides comparable bonuses to operation weapons, no improved barrels to outfit the barrel-less weapons found there. Yes, they are adding barrel slots to operation weapons in the future, but this does not mean that Armstech will provide a benefit unless more is added.

From a profiteering stand point, I make more money from selling diplomacy materials on the market than I do from selling companion weapons or the occasional level 50 custom weapons.

Please buff this crew skill, or I'll be forced to switch to Armormech for the augmented Rakata offset or Biochem for its obvious (even after this latest nerf in the patch notes) benefits in order to optimize my character, because there are certainly no benefits to being Armstech on a main character as it stands.

Edited by Gillrien

Currently, there is 0 benefit from having Armstech on a main character, from a self-use perspective. There is nothing to learn which provides comparable bonuses to operation weapons, no improved barrels to outfit the barrel-less weapons found there. Yes, they are adding barrel slots to operation weapons in the future, but this does not mean that Armstech will provide a benefit unless more is added.

From a profiteering stand point, I make more money from selling diplomacy materials on the market than I do from selling companion weapons or the occasional level 50 custom weapons.

Please buff this crew skill, or I'll be forced to switch to Armormech for the augmented Rakata offset or Biochem for its obvious (even after this latest nerf in the patch notes) benefits in order to optimize my character, because there are certainly no benefits to being Armstech on a main character as it stands.

Did you ever try to get master crafted barrels .... Or try to get master crafted stuff from armstec so no you did not its nice of you to say something useless when no one puts the time into it.... That's because its to much time sink you don't want to right :)

Did you ever try to get master crafted barrels .... Or try to get master crafted stuff from armstec so no you did not its nice of you to say something useless when no one puts the time into it.... That's because its to much time sink you don't want to right :)

Mastercrafted barrel... really?

I got a mastercrafted lvl 50 purple pistol. It is actually worse than my 2 orange pistols with the Ilum barrels. So how about you talking less crap?

And why is it that there still is ZERO lvl 40+ schematics for armstech? I tried submiting this as a bug to BW but they just delete the ticket, don't even take the time to answer.

Edited by Meluna

its nice how you all wine about how useless it is lol.... i am making arms tec because i want to .... i have alts i plan on having all crafts for myself ,, i sure they improve it in the future but to say its useless its not that's my opinion i play what i want its my game .. :p if you don't like arms tec don't pick it up if some like it and crafted tier 3 guns let them keep it.....