Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR: Complete Guide to Cleansing in PvP (5.9)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SWTOR: Complete Guide to Cleansing in PvP (5.9)

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
06.27.2018 , 09:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vissionary View Post
OP Guardian move that needs a nerf, prove me wrong ... in fact, nerf guardians in general! Only 'mandos should have a reflect!

On a serious note are their any healers out there that dont keep their cleanse on CD?? Or is it just me while face tanking?
No one cleanses in swtor, majority of players in ranked also do not actually cleanse team mates, which is sad.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Vissionary's Avatar


Vissionary
06.27.2018 , 09:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
No one cleanses in swtor, majority of players in ranked also do not actually cleanse team mates, which is sad.
Then they are bad, and should feel bad for being bad. I can't comment on ranked, that stuff is toxic to my fragile combat medic ego, but anything I can take off while facetanking 5 ppl at mid or trying to keep my tank alive while she is doing that for me is worth a 1.3 sec GCD. Your guide looked specifically at stun types, and that may be more important in ranked than regs, but being able to remove a few DOTs may just mean the difference between dying and getting that shield off CD.
Satele Shan's #1 Big Spoon

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
06.27.2018 , 09:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vissionary View Post
Then they are bad, and should feel bad for being bad. I can't comment on ranked, that stuff is toxic to my fragile combat medic ego, but anything I can take off while facetanking 5 ppl at mid or trying to keep my tank alive while she is doing that for me is worth a 1.3 sec GCD. Your guide looked specifically at stun types, and that may be more important in ranked than regs, but being able to remove a few DOTs may just mean the difference between dying and getting that shield off CD.
I complete agree. Cleanses can change the outcome of fights but I only see 1% of the community doing them and even less as dps hence why I made this guide. To remind players what they can cleanse and to actually incorporate it in combat.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
06.27.2018 , 10:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
I complete agree. Cleanses can change the outcome of fights but I only see 1% of the community doing them and even less as dps hence why I made this guide. To remind players what they can cleanse and to actually incorporate it in combat.
But isn't it better to just let the healer stay stunned, and then force him/her to either let someone die, or pop their cc break in the first ten seconds of the match, and then rage at them when their team loses? I mean that's what usually happens right?
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
06.27.2018 , 10:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
But isn't it better to just let the healer stay stunned, and then force him/her to either let someone die, or pop their cc break in the first ten seconds of the match, and then rage at them when their team loses? I mean that's what usually happens right?
That’s how you play SWTOR EzClap
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.27.2018 , 11:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Yeah, you can actually see when defeated.

34K reflect from so and so.

I hate dying from my own attack
It makes me wonder about some of the hits I see Juggs do. I can imagine a recorded 40k hit could easily be a reflect

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
06.27.2018 , 11:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It makes me wonder about some of the hits I see Juggs do. I can imagine a recorded 40k hit could easily be a reflect
I am currently investigating this. I see it attributed to guardian slash for tanks but was wondering this myself. Going through my combat logs for the last year (since I went back to tanking). Finished about a month yesterday. No 40k hits as any spec yet.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.27.2018 , 12:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I am currently investigating this. I see it attributed to guardian slash for tanks but was wondering this myself. Going through my combat logs for the last year (since I went back to tanking). Finished about a month yesterday. No 40k hits as any spec yet.
Does the combat log record a reflect hit amount? Or just that reflect was used?

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
06.27.2018 , 12:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Does the combat log record a reflect hit amount? Or just that reflect was used?
I will have to tell you tomorrow. I currently have it searching for any hits over 40k. So until I find one, I won't know what caused it. If anyone else has combat logs with 40k hits they would be useful.

We should also probably take this discussion back here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...950364&page=16

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
06.28.2018 , 02:37 PM | #30
You have to make a quick decision every time you go to cleanse. If it was more reliable and would cleanse the higher priority debuffs without fail, then it would make sense. But if you spend a GCD on someone at low health to effectively heal them for 2500 health and they remain stunned for 3 more seconds, you've probably caused their death.

There are times when just going into your strong HPS burst response heals could be better. Where it's possible that an cleansed person could activate a DCD, get to cover, etc, its also possible that the same target could be killed due to lack of HPS.

I cleanse when I know its going to get what I'm trying to cleanse (no more than 1 other cleansable debuff present) or when I know that I cannot out HPS the damage, and since I'm a sorc, likely I'm going to pull them and then cast a desperation cleanse when I can neither out HPS or pull.

I wish cleansing was more reliable and more rewarding.