Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR: Complete Guide to Cleansing in PvP (5.9)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SWTOR: Complete Guide to Cleansing in PvP (5.9)

kissingaiur
06.20.2018 , 11:08 AM | #1

Rambol and I have just finished work on a guide to cleansing in PvP. Cleanse (known as “Dispel” in other games) is an underused ability, even among seasoned players. Learning how to cleanse will raise your gameplay and make you a greater asset to your team, whether you are a healer or DPS. We hope this guide will be useful to players of all skill levels.

We cover the basics, including a breakdown of effect types, and more nuanced ideas like cleansing priority. We’ve included a cheat sheet so you can check which effects can be cleansed by which disciplines. We also give some suggestions for optimizing your UI so you can cleanse more quickly and accurately.

This guide is the culmination of a lot of hours of research and testing but if there are any errors or omissions, please let us know.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2018 , 12:24 PM | #2
I feel another sticky coming on
(I’ve PM’d Musco to ask him to sticky)

Thanks for doing the guide

SlimeyDoom
06.20.2018 , 06:49 PM | #3
I'm pretty sure sniper hardstun and root is physical and not tech, I was able to cleanse on my sorc

Wimbleton
06.20.2018 , 07:06 PM | #4
Wish I had this info a long arse time ago. Took me forever to realize that conc was mental, think I did it by accident heh.

kissingaiur
06.20.2018 , 07:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
I'm pretty sure sniper hardstun and root is physical and not tech, I was able to cleanse on my sorc
Both sniper hardstun/root are listed as physical not tech. Maim and Leg shot.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"

rambolnet
06.20.2018 , 07:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Yup, Maim and Leg Shot have physical effects and are correctly listed as such in the guide.
“If you will excuse me, I will meditate on the face of my old master as he was being electrocuted. I find it most soothing.”

rambol.netTwitchTwitter

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.21.2018 , 04:16 AM | #7
Yeah, you got a sticky on the way for sure.

Very nice, thank you for the time and effort, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many players unlike myself who think that cleansing is something you only do once a month =p

The guides are great, this one's a keeper too. Well done.

Glower
06.21.2018 , 05:32 AM | #8
Must be from pros to pros.

I just use them when i have 3+ debuffs or slows or when i see that someone is mezzed. I can barely keep in mind my own buffs, not to mention debuffs from my enemy. Too much information for me to process.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

TrixxieTriss
06.21.2018 , 05:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
unlike myself who think that cleansing is something you only do once a month =p
LoL, if your carnage doesn’t get them, your stink will

#nosepeg
#soap
#hose

kissingaiur
06.21.2018 , 06:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Must be from pros to pros.

I just use them when i have 3+ debuffs or slows or when i see that someone is mezzed. I can barely keep in mind my own buffs, not to mention debuffs from my enemy. Too much information for me to process.
It helps to activate “show only cleanable debuffs”, this will filter out a lot of crap and make it easier for you to identify which debuffs are ones you should cleanse. Remember that the debuffs that have the most value in cleansing are ccs which are have 6 unique icons. In pvp these are the only ones you should be paying attention to, which makes it easier.
Hothothothothothotho