Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

KumbayaGOD
05.11.2015 , 11:26 PM | #51
question to krea :

thanks again for awesome guide , i want to ask some question
i saw your map guide that posted today which is great and i want to ask this
how you decide to plant the phasewalk , i mean there are green ( to LOS heal to full) and red for offensive ( to catch fleeing enemy that try to LOS you)

i usually pick green place so whenever i got focus i can escape and then heal to full , but if i place on red ones and then i got focus and then phase walk to place that enemies can see then i am doomed
so i can say now green phase walk is for defensive and red for offensive ----> how you decide where you plant your phase walk ?

thank you
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 11:58 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
question to krea :

thanks again for awesome guide , i want to ask some question
i saw your map guide that posted today which is great and i want to ask this
how you decide to plant the phasewalk , i mean there are green ( to LOS heal to full) and red for offensive ( to catch fleeing enemy that try to LOS you)

i usually pick green place so whenever i got focus i can escape and then heal to full , but if i place on red ones and then i got focus and then phase walk to place that enemies can see then i am doomed
so i can say now green phase walk is for defensive and red for offensive ----> how you decide where you plant your phase walk ?

thank you
It depends entirely on the enemy team's composition. If they have a lot of Ranged Dps, I will place it in a green location, so that I can LoS easier when I need to escape. If the dps are Melee, I will place it in a green location. If they're ranged, but I know that I can beat them, or am feeling confident, I will place it in a red location.

EmilmcUgly
09.14.2015 , 11:09 AM | #53
Krea, couple examples from your original post:

Quote:
Guard swapping is the #1 mechanic in PvP that separates good tanks from great ones. A good way to guard swap effectively is to focus target the enemies highest Dps ...

1) Use your Phase Walk offensively. I like to drop PW in the middle of the fight, run 30 meters out and pull the enemy tank and instalift him...
How do you know who the enemy tank and highest DPS are?

I can tell different Jedi/Sith apart - the double bladed lightsaber is a shadow/assassin, so either dps or tank. Single lightsaber could be guardian/jugg or seer/sorc, but that right there means they could be any of the three: heal, tank, or dps. I know there's something about how they hold the lightsaber...

Don't even get me started on the other classes. Toons move around too fast for me to ID them! There was a post about class ID I saw once. I'll try to find it again.

But my original question: how do you know if an assassin or jugg is a tank or dps? How do you know if a sage/sorc (assuming you can tell them apart from the guardian/juggs) is dps or healer?

As usual, I hope this question hasn't been discussed and that it isn't something really simple I should have figured out by now.

Jinre_the_Jedi
09.14.2015 , 01:14 PM | #54
Hey there, first off, for any questions, you'll want to post on this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=811783

That thread is the one that is consistently updated for new patches.

Second, if you go into your preferences, you can change it so that you can see class icons above your team mate's and your enemy's heads. This will allow you to immediately identify who is playing what class. As far as figuring out who the tank is, a jugg will be in Soresu form, a powertech will be in Ion Gas Cylinder and an Assassin will be in Dark Charge. These are stances that appear on their buff bars, you'll just have to get used to what each buff looks like to be able to quickly identify them on the bars.

As far as sorc dps/healers go, you'll just have to wait and see what abilities they cast. If they cast Innervate, it's 100% a sorc healer.

EmilmcUgly
09.15.2015 , 11:16 AM | #55
Huh. Thanks. I need to spend some time exploring those preferences. Seems like they're always the answer to my questions.

Baalzamon
09.15.2015 , 05:42 PM | #56
To bad the dot spread kinda suck now, it seems they have to stand right in front of me for it to work and its a really small radius.

Icykill_
09.15.2015 , 08:05 PM | #57
This is a great guide... The CS need to make it a sticky...

I even learned a few little tricks and one thing I didn't know because I glossed over reading that particular discription in the utilities...

I really like your difficulty ratings at the end vs certain classes... I wish there were more great comparisons for other classes... I'm definitely going to keep the iPad open so I can compare when I'm in combat...
I'd love to see a Mara thread like this and a difficulty rating to actually play the different specs compared to other classes and what the difficulty rating is to take on certain classes...

I know it's a lot of work or at least time consuming to start and support a thread like this... I'm hoping you will have an early update after 4.0 comes out

Edit: anyone reading this thread should give it a 5 star/excellent vote at the bottom... The more that do, the more it stands out and CS might possibly read it and make it a sticky like some of the gearing guides

RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff