Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

Glower
05.11.2015 , 05:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BraxxGaming View Post
tl;dr version: play hatred, apply dots, profit
Easy mode ON. It is feels almost like a jugg tank after marauder.

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/6dThJCd.jpg
These are the stats that I have when I run Serenity/Hatred spec. There are many ways to achieve these stats, but here is the cheapest and easiest way to achieve these stats.
*Note* I have all Strength/Willpower/Endurance Datacrons for maximum bonuses
Krea, can i ask you, these stats are with bolster (fleet training area/warzone bolster) or not? And with all four buffs/purple stim?
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 05:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Easy mode ON. It is feels almost like a jugg tank after marauder.

Krea, can i ask you, these stats are with bolster (fleet training area/warzone bolster) or not? And with all four buffs/purple stim?
These stats are WITHOUT bolster, I should clarify that in the OP. Yes, I do have a stim and all 4 legacy buffs on.

Rilok_Singz
05.11.2015 , 06:42 AM | #23
Very well written. Just throw it in the assassin/shadow class threads. To much "buff this nerf that" threads going on in the pvp section

undiess
05.11.2015 , 09:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilok_Singz View Post
Very well written. Just throw it in the assassin/shadow class threads. To much "buff this nerf that" threads going on in the pvp section
It was posted in the class thread, thats why he quoted himself here.
Imperial Legend Republic Legend
(60) Sage, (60) Shadow, (60) Guardian, (60) Sentinel, (60) Vanguard, (60) Commando, (60) Scoundrel, (60) Gunslinger, (60) Sorcerer, (60) Assassin, (60) Juggernaught, (60) Maurader, (60) Powertech, (60) Mercenary, (60) Operative, (60) Sniper

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 09:20 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
It was posted in the class thread, thats why he quoted himself here.
Yea, sorry about that, I updated the OP with the original post. I simply quoted it because I am actively editing, revising, and adding new information on the original post over in the Shadow/Assassin forums and it's easier to just copy/paste the revised changes here as opposed to editing twice

Zaroes
05.11.2015 , 09:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
A non-Shadow's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

Overview:

Remember when warriors got Bladestorm in WoW? No, cos you don't play WoW arenas? Fine. I'll move on then...

Why should you play Shadow/Sin?

Cos Hatred is broken and you like to win.

Abilties/Utilities

[DoT #1] - Use this always
[DoT #2] - Use this always
[DoT #3] - Randomly hit a thing and proc this always
[AoE #1] - Use this on cooldown

Tips and Tricks

Make sure you use deflection and shroud at the same time for maximum effect. Also use deflection without shroud every once in a while to demonstrate how necessary the un-stunnable deflection buff was.

If someone outplays you, just re-stealth

Also play lots of solo queue cos it's the premier form of pvp in swtor
You forgot in the Abilities/Utilities the all important "Roll-Face on the keyboard" and you win move

undiess
05.11.2015 , 09:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaroes View Post
You forgot in the Abilities/Utilities the all important "Roll-Face on the keyboard" and you win move
The overall guide is like a caramel cupcake, and all the satire follow-up guide and tears are like salt sprinkled on top to give that cupcake a little something more. Thanks for enriching the cupcake, cupcake.
Imperial Legend Republic Legend
(60) Sage, (60) Shadow, (60) Guardian, (60) Sentinel, (60) Vanguard, (60) Commando, (60) Scoundrel, (60) Gunslinger, (60) Sorcerer, (60) Assassin, (60) Juggernaught, (60) Maurader, (60) Powertech, (60) Mercenary, (60) Operative, (60) Sniper

Exosasa
05.11.2015 , 09:33 AM | #28
What's with all the hate? It's not our fault the class was made OP--hell, myself and others don't even main Hatred. This guide encompasses all specs, not just FotM.

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 09:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Exosasa View Post
What's with all the hate? It's not our fault the class was made OP--hell, myself and others don't even main Hatred. This guide encompasses all specs, not just FotM.
I guess people just really really hate the class as a whole D:

Bryanseven
05.11.2015 , 09:56 AM | #30
Thanks for the write up, I finally gave up on Marauder because it is so boned in the utilities.

Can you talk about Tank in dps gear? I really like deprevating bolts, because it looks so cool and is about to useable on the move.

Thanks!