Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the love of God, get rid of the stuns or allow roots/slows to build resolve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
For the love of God, get rid of the stuns or allow roots/slows to build resolve.

Zovyn
09.27.2012 , 11:52 AM | #21
I have to say this is ridiculous. I'm done with PvP until they address the stun lock issue. How they can possibly think that losing complete control of your character until you are killed is fun, I have no idea....
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█}[████████████████████████████████████)

Darkfalstaff
09.27.2012 , 02:06 PM | #22
They need to kill/drastically reduce the effectiveness of stuns so that stuns are truly an "oh @#$%" button, not a spammed strategy.

Then they need to normalize damage for level 50 pvp -which they said they will be doing by bringing back a level 50 bolster system--but the 20% deviation between hi and low damage in a WZ that they mentioned is their bolster goal is too high--- bolster should bring damage numbers to within 10% of the highest and lowest with health being about even across all players.

revcrisis
09.27.2012 , 02:12 PM | #23
Don't forget about the grenades! They're so easy to make and cheap that everyone has them now now! I've been stunned, stunned again, stunned once more, had multiple grenades thrown at me all in the matter of seconds. So fun!

Hyryu
09.27.2012 , 02:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalstaff View Post
This is bullnuggets. I'll probably get forum banned for saying bullnuggets because the moderators are sensitive folk raised on soy milk.

But seriously, please either fix stuns or get rid of them... i can now be chain rooted by warrior-folk without any affect on resolve (which is as designed) and can be effectively CC'd and killed with no penalty by the other side.That's just stupid.

So far the change to resolve is dumb and is backwards. People should be immune for more time than not in order to reduce the affect of CC on the matches, not the other way around.
Can you say "soy milk" on the forums?
Shadow Lands (MT OG!)
- Hiryu (50 Focus/Vig Guardian)
- Valtari (47 Watchman Sent)
- Valiz (23 Sage)

DashaAdair
09.27.2012 , 02:36 PM | #25
The problem may be how they defined the problem. If their problem statement was ‘how do we reduce the chances of a character dying without an opportunity to act’ I don’t think they would have gotten to redesigning classes.

They need to determine the acceptable number of resources it takes to kill someone who is not being assisted while stunned. Is that two? Three? Four? Four seems a good benchmark to start with especially because it matches a premade PUG side. But that’s a testing issue. If one person helps the victim is that enough to get them to at least one action? Those are the kinds of things that help determine how much stun/resolve/damage/defense should be in place. All of this stun problem could have been avoided if they had tweaked resolve and the effect of expertise. They are global and just aching for use to dial in the PvP experience.

I think what we got was an over engineered solution to a relatively small problem.

Masarko
09.27.2012 , 02:44 PM | #26
Loving the new resolve!

Prepare your CC breaker - Oh wait
http://i50.tinypic.com/bi5ois.jpg
Sign Operatives

Arctyc
09.27.2012 , 03:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I enjoy being chain CC'd until I die an untimely death. It adds a new dimension to PvP and increases the fun factor tenfold. I also like it when classes who can chain stun complain out their DPS output. This also makes me happy and I want to open my wallet for next month's subscription in advance.

...in Bizarro World.
Wow you too? Are we twins.

/Signed

Bioware - Listen, please i actually enjoy pvp and I'd rather like you to save it from being CC'd to death, STUN STUN (Breakfree) STUN, slow dead oops....

Slitharius
09.27.2012 , 04:08 PM | #28
The resolve system that was broken to begin with is now completely useless.The stuns are out of control! I was always under the impression that PvP was about a players ability to play his/her character not who had more stuns. Meaning that if all things were equal (gear, level, and otherwise) PvP matches would come down to players skill in playing their chosen character. The way things are now, its just a matter of which side has more stuns and CC's. That, to me, is an absolute joke! I have a level 50 Marauder that i made just for PvP. The changes made to the resolve system in the 1.4 Patch have made it completely unplayable! I mean seriously, who wants to constantly and continuously be stunned and CC'd from full health to death!?!

To give an example of how bad this "fix" is:
Before the 1.4 patch my Marauder was averaging around 250k damage, between 25-35 player kills, and 8-12 deaths per warzone.
In the 10-12 warzones i was in yesterday i averaged around 55k damage, 5-8 player kills, and 15-20 deaths.

While I think the majority of people knew that the resolve system needed to be changed. I don't think anybody thought that change would make it so that people would want to stop PvPing.

GARhenus
09.30.2012 , 08:22 PM | #29
and people were crying about the reduced stun range...

foxmob
09.30.2012 , 09:14 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I've never been stunned as much as I have in my 7 or so games today. A truely awful experience.
with all the limitations on stun range and resolve tweaking, they managed to make stuns MORE PREVALENT than any other patch. You can now suffer 3 full 5-6s stuns before filling resolve. if you break one, you get the added bonus of being stunned 4 times before full resolve.

epic - fail. I'd rather go back to the stunapalooza of...ANY OTHER PATCH. ****!
Krack