Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross-server pvp queues..... Now bioware....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cross-server pvp queues..... Now bioware....

Kurfer
05.23.2012 , 09:41 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Off-Topic, but congratulations dude. Being a father is awesome. Can't wait till my kids are old enough to play games with me. lol

Oh...and yesterday was the first day I willfully did not log into SWTOR in a long time. Battle.Net servers were working and I played D3 with friends all night. It's zombie hack-n-slash with almost no sophistication, but hanging out with my friends in Mumble and just facerolling mobs was a total blast.

Last night I discovered I really just like hanging out with my friends. Several of them used to play SWTOR but quit many months ago out of sheer disappointment with PvP. Now we are carebearing it up and just enjoying each other's company in D3.

Call me slow, but I'm starting to figure it out now. These games are just a foil for developing and maintaining relationships. I'm willing to give up PvP and just carebear hardcore to be with people that matter to me. I really don't care what game I play anymore. I just want to hang out with my friends who are scattered all over the U.S. at this point. These games are the only way we can consistently get together. Not sure if BW can ever make that happen. This game is really missing the social element of the MMO.
This sums up my views 100%

My friends came to this game from a hardcore arena/rated BG guild in WoW and they slowly started leaving. At first it was a blast, I loved the game but it was because I was on voice chat with all my buds scattered throughout the US. Once they left and I was trying to make friends within the "community" I didn't enjoy it as much.

Now we are playing League of Legends and Diablo, while not hardcore pvp we are still having a blast and I think my hardcore gaming days are over. This is now just an avenue to keep in touch with remote friends...

As for SWTOR, it's a shame the game isn't going to make it. I really thought it was a cool little game but sadly the direction it's going looks bleak at best.

pathiss
05.23.2012 , 10:58 AM | #102
Truth .... my guild of a dozen of half PvPers that have been playing together for a few years has dwindled down to three active (but part time) subs due to the absolute craptastic excuse for PvP in this game. Even though I am not a fan of diablo gameplay, I am probably going to play it ...just to play with my friends again.

The sad sad truth is that this is the second IP with a huge following that the EA umbrella of games has managed to completely screw up. Seriously screwing up the fanbase of warhammer was bad enough, but freaking Star Wars too? wow ....just freaking wow.

dhaze
06.05.2012 , 04:04 PM | #103
Has there been any word at E3 about server merges for PVP yet? Grand Master Zym server is just horrible as well. I enjoy PVP the most when I level cap/endgame, and these horribly long queue waits are killing me. I don't want to move to a new MMO, but something needs to be done!

moshehavraham
06.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #104
I believe this is officially my first post to the Forums.

The PvP on Khoonda Militia is extremely limited time period and sometimes never pops for level 50. Worse yet, for me for example, since I've switched my playing time, there is no Warzones for me at all.

The Q&A is vague, is 1.3 bringing cross-server que? If so, would it be cross continent to allow 24/7 PvP?

LeonHawkeye
06.05.2012 , 09:18 PM | #105
To the top with you. Because not having Cross Realm function in an MMO these days is beyond preposterous.

Oronoco
06.05.2012 , 10:03 PM | #106
This is a tricky topic for me. I cant decide if I hate the idea or not.

I just really like seeing people in WZs that I can run into on my server.

Dungeon finders and such that went cross realm really dulled stuff down for me back in the "dark days of WoW"
there was a loss of community and a huge drop in accountability. people just said 'screw you guys Im trolling home' (usually after a failed ninja)

I am, on the other hand, not opposed to full server mergers, for servers that have issues. That would increase the pop and the queue pool, for pve and pvp!

some of the posts seem centered around friend and community interaction and I think those posters might be interested in a post I started, about an alternative idea, to fill my Arena cravings, in a way I haven't seen before. check it out here

FourTwent
06.06.2012 , 02:10 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by EdouardHolyhawk View Post
Krayiss Obelisk has not had a single warzone match today.... 6 hours in a 50s queue, and not a single call for a warzone. [snip] ...as to completely halt facets of gameplay on a server (or servers), then it needs to be looked at with a sense of urgency.
I mentioned this in another thread. I know a lot of people throw around the word 'gamebreaking' but this really is gamebreaking if you're a pvper on that server(assuming it's a pvp server and you're not trying to queue from 12am to 6am)

Server merges should have be pushed WAY ahead of all other content updates, including 1.2

Poefi
06.06.2012 , 02:42 AM | #108
the problems are the same on every underpopulated server (the vast majority of servers imo). no people online, no wz ques, no warzones. it should be fine(?) on a rp or a pve server, but if you cant play a single wz on a pvp server from 20:00-23:30 it is really. frustrating.

dear developers, we choosed our home servers by your suggestions, and now we have a single player online game and an expensive chat, where we can talk about how empty the servers are or complain with each other. I do not see all the reasons why this happened, I only see we can not play the game with our main characters as we want to. leveling an alternate character on a more populated server wastes our subscription time and also our irl time.

I am not making suggestions, there are bunch of QUICK solutions to solve this existing problem, but I support the thread.

it is up to You, dear developers, to fix this issue, and give our warzones back.

CobDeans
06.11.2012 , 11:13 AM | #109
Agreed to all of the above, we need more PVP. I am in the Fort Garnik server and I hit 50 with a valor rank of 19 and it took me over a month to hit 20...a month. Only a few times were we able to rally enough players to queue for PVP, but that took me whispering every single lvl 50 on the server to ask them to queue for PVP so that the Republic Side could PVP themselves. Most of the PVP'ers on the Imperial side rerolled other servers. I know server transfers are on there way, but that won't be enough, we need cross-server PVP. I want to be able to PVP when I want to.

Twin
06.11.2012 , 12:44 PM | #110
OP has my vote as well.

Each month it's getting harder and harder to justify paying my sub, and i can only hope that the free transfers will be enough to populate the servers again. -Im not even on one of the most thin servers, and still the loss of players is very dramatic!

They need to FIX this, not bandaid it.

Cross-server queues is the only solution unless they wanna keep forcing ppl to switch servers every 2 months...
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends