Republic Melee

DXI-Edge

Hey guys, my friends and i want to roll Republic to try and NOT play Huttball all the time and try to even things out, even if it is just 5 of us. But after playing my sorc and trying a commando, i wanna try a melee class just to get a feel and was curious as to which is better for early pvping.

I've narrowed it down to ones i like the play style of but I'm still trying to figure out which is not necessarily better, but more accessible and a LITTLE more forgiving as I'm used to standing back and killing :p

Any suggestions from Shadows or Sentinels on which is forgiving/accesible/for lack of a word "better"?

I have a level 24 Shadow and a 14 Sent. For low level pvp I muchhhh prefer the shadow. In my experience I just get focus fired wayy to fast as the Sentinel. The Shadows stealth helps a great ton in low level pvp. I am getting ready to start a Vanguard to see how it stacks up against the Shadow. Ive heard good think about them and the mixture of range/melee seems like it could be very entertaining/interesting.

Edit: That being said. If you plan on grouping up for pvp 100% of the time Sentinel could very well be your choice. I found when im in a WZ where people actually know what they are doing Sentinel can be very rewarding.

Edited by Kayzi

Sentinel/Marauder is by FAR the HARDEST class to play properly in this game, and even if you do your best, learn all your abilities, and play perfectly, you'll then do EQUAL to what the other classes usually do.

I'd recommend you play Shadow.

Sentinel/Marauder is by FAR the HARDEST class to play properly in this game, and even if you do your best, learn all your abilities, and play perfectly, you'll then do EQUAL to what the other classes usually do.

Equal? Nah, you arent that good then. Good maras kick ***, but there are very few of them.

Edited by Vesperr

I have a level 24 Shadow and a 14 Sent. For low level pvp I muchhhh prefer the shadow. In my experience I just get focus fired wayy to fast as the Sentinel.

Stays that way pretty much forever

Edited by dargor-