When will transfer be coming

-GrOveR

Greetings GrOveR!

We have the following information available in our Asia Pacific Launch FAQ regarding character transfers:

How do I know if I qualify for the free character transfers?

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

• You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

• Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com Code Redemption Center.

• Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.

We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details.

When will I be able to transfer my characters to another server/region?

Qualified players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore, will be offered one-time free character transfers to Asia Pacific servers for a limited time period in late April. No specific date has been confirmed at this time. We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details. Stay tuned to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.

We hope this helps! :)

How do I know if I qualify for the free character transfers?

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com Code Redemption Center.

Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.

We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details.

When will I be able to transfer my characters to another server/region?

Qualified players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore, will be offered one-time free character transfers to Asia Pacific servers for a limited time period in late April. No specific date has been confirmed at this time. We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details. Stay tuned to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.

No email received yet... early April now.

I received an email, but it was just to let me know that I have a qualifying account.

You can read the email here (it's what I see if I click a "having trouble reading this email" link at the top).

http://ebm.em.ea.com/c/tag/hBPT-FjB7uvlmB8hJ2ZNsm-MBP-/doc.html?&t_params=

It just says that we'll hear more later, and then links to the FAQ:

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115

Greetings GrOveR!

We have the following information available in our Asia Pacific Launch FAQ regarding character transfers:

We hope this helps! :)

Dates please! currently this has all gone silent. Can we please get some sort of date as to when they will be available. currently as per my email, late april is the offering. can we have confirmation that from x date we can transfer them across please.

thanks!

Dates please! currently this has all gone silent. Can we please get some sort of date as to when they will be available. currently as per my email, late april is the offering. can we have confirmation that from x date we can transfer them across please.

thanks!

The link they sent you to for information specifically says "No specific date has been confirmed at this time" so it seems unlikely you'd get a date confirmed in the forum if they haven't actually announced one yet.

I'm really frustrated with how this has been handled.

No character created after February 28th qualifies - so if I want to play another toon I need to make it on the destination server.

But I don't know if the server we'll end up transferring to is one of the existing ones, or whether BW will decide a new server is needed to cope with the influx of players, or what.

And because I can't make another toon on the server my guild is currently on, so levelling sucks anyway (isolated, no support from my main and other alts, etc).

Seriously, February 28th was a f*cking eon ago, in MMO terms.

I'm really frustrated with how this has been handled.

No character created after February 28th qualifies - so if I want to play another toon I need to make it on the destination server.

But I don't know if the server we'll end up transferring to is one of the existing ones, or whether BW will decide a new server is needed to cope with the influx of players, or what.

And because I can't make another toon on the server my guild is currently on, so levelling sucks anyway (isolated, no support from my main and other alts, etc).

Seriously, February 28th was a f*cking eon ago, in MMO terms.

mate chill out most game would have told u to roal a new toon with no free transfer when it comes u will no till then relax and chill the hell out raging does nothing for your cause