Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give Consulars the option to use the old Project animation---and make ourselves worse

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Give Consulars the option to use the old Project animation---and make ourselves worse

Cotlu-Hunlon
04.01.2020 , 05:24 PM | #1
This is something I feel super strongly about, I have advocated this since the change 6 years ago (proof in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=654023&page=2)

The change ruined the Sage class for me, I'm really not kidding, and to this day I do not have a Sage. Shadow is not the same, and it still makes me sad now.
I request and suggest, with all my SWTOR gravy, that there should be an option to toggle this to the old, slow, delayed and lovely animation (+ bring back Upheaval for all specs using Project, at least in animation, not damage levels...)
> I don't care if I'm worse
> I don't care if people use their cooldowns before the rock gets there
> I don't care if someone else gets the kill first instead of me

I just want to play the class I loved, using the ability that made it for me.

PS. I don't know if there are other classes out there wanting old animations back, but if there are please contribute - if lots of people are asking for this they're more likely to implement the code to allow options like this for all. I know many in the Sniper community dislike Penetrating Blasts compared to Series of Shots.

The Nostalgia Thread - Come live in December 2011 with me

DarkTergon
04.01.2020 , 05:58 PM | #2
I can't imagine having a toggle would be an easy thing to code in, and they aren't going to change to a slower animation (no matter how cooler it looks) as the pvp'r alone would explode over the forums, followed by the NiM raiders, etc. (not picking on anyone, just that if it slows down people in these groups, it can cause them major hassle), In a 'normal' pve settings, the slower animation probably wouldn't matter too much.
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Cotlu-Hunlon
04.01.2020 , 06:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I can't imagine having a toggle would be an easy thing to code in, and they aren't going to change to a slower animation (no matter how cooler it looks) as the pvp'r alone would explode over the forums, followed by the NiM raiders, etc. (not picking on anyone, just that if it slows down people in these groups, it can cause them major hassle), In a 'normal' pve settings, the slower animation probably wouldn't matter too much.
Nobody needs to explode, it would be entirely optional... unaffecting anybody who doesn't want to use the old one.

Lhancelot
04.01.2020 , 08:11 PM | #4
I started thinking of all the things they have taken off a class that I once loved, then realized there's so many it's not even worth trying to write them down.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

DarkTergon
04.01.2020 , 09:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
Nobody needs to explode, it would be entirely optional... unaffecting anybody who doesn't want to use the old one.
That would be true, if they could program a toggle easily enough. The exploding would happen if they reversed it without the toggle lol
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Nightblazer
04.01.2020 , 10:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
That would be true, if they could program a toggle easily enough. The exploding would happen if they reversed it without the toggle lol
Then if they do this, they will have to do it for every single ability ever changed that this is requested for it. So the likely hood of a toggle or change back is 0.

I've seen threads for Tracer Missile animation, Ravage animation, etc all requesting similar changes. While I understand why, it's just not something I ever see happening.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Phazonfreak
04.02.2020 , 03:27 AM | #7
Or maybe you should just deal with it and not expect the game to cater to you 100%.

Did I like the old Project or Ravage/Master Strike animation better? Of course. But I totally understand that flashy moves are of a particularly minor concern when the game is run on an extremely error-prone engine and all it leads to is even more bugs and exploits.

Jesseriah
04.02.2020 , 05:07 AM | #8
I would highly appreciate it too if they give us back some of the old animations. Master Strike/Ravage was such a nice star wars like ability/animation, same with the upper mentioned.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Charaktertransfer and more!

Cotlu-Hunlon
04.02.2020 , 05:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Then if they do this, they will have to do it for every single ability ever changed that this is requested for it. So the likely hood of a toggle or change back is 0.

I've seen threads for Tracer Missile animation, Ravage animation, etc all requesting similar changes. While I understand why, it's just not something I ever see happening.
That's the beauty of it, it provides more choices and options, and if they write the code to allow animation choices for abilities, it would be transferrable to any class. Everyone could be offered some choices for changed abilities.

Ravage is different since that's a change from a 3 second channel into an instant, they never could have fit that old animation into that time sensibly (although the new one is hilariously rapid anyway...). This shouldn't affect Ravage, as the whole ability was changed. This is just an animation option (with the accompanying slower travel time).

Nightblazer
04.02.2020 , 06:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
That's the beauty of it, it provides more choices and options, and if they write the code to allow animation choices for abilities, it would be transferrable to any class. Everyone could be offered some choices for changed abilities.

Ravage is different since that's a change from a 3 second channel into an instant, they never could have fit that old animation into that time sensibly (although the new one is hilariously rapid anyway...). This shouldn't affect Ravage, as the whole ability was changed. This is just an animation option (with the accompanying slower travel time.
That's the thing is that they would have to do this with every ability that has been changed and the ravage animation while linked to the old 3 sec cast is still something that is requested to have back. I just don't see this happening for a multitude of reasons such as resources, ROI, possibility of bug or other exploit issues, limits on the code, priority over other things, etc.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here