Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yet another Searching For Allies Bug Report

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Yet another Searching For Allies Bug Report

PorsaLindahl
01.22.2019 , 04:55 AM | #1
After 6 years, Searching For Allies still does not always complete when doing random LFG flashpoints.

I re-rolled a character that hit 50 yesterday, did 5 random veteran flashpoint queues and got credit for none of them as far as Searching For Allies is concerned. They all counted towards the flashpoint weekly (x/5), the random for conquest and socialite for conquest. I even relogged and reset the mission after each failure to update and still nothing.

Granted it's not worth the trouble for level 70's since it only gives around 170ish command xp at CL 300 and maybe twice that for non CL 300. But for my newbie (now 56) that's still getting real xp it's nearly 170k xp (which would be a nice chunk of xp IF SHE COULD GET CREDIT FOR IT!).

6 years....

6 freakin' years....

That's SIX YEARS in case you missed it.

SteveTheCynic
01.22.2019 , 06:13 AM | #2
I remember there was a bug about one of the traitor arc flashpoints, where it would not be selectable, but the "fully random choice" aspect of the GF weeklies and dailies would not work unless it could be selected.

On the CXP difference between CR300s and other level 70s, for those who wonder why that is: if you have the full legacy-perk bonus (four lots of +25%), that would explain the "about twice" aspect, since the perk doesn't apply to CR300 characters. For me it's a bit less, because I only have three lots of +25% until I finish ranking up my Agent (currently somewhere near 150) or one of my Smugglers (highest currently about CR90). For people who don't have even one CR300 character, or who haven't bought the perk, there's no difference.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

PorsaLindahl
01.22.2019 , 08:32 AM | #3
Did another LFG vet this morning and guess what? No credit again. And now that she's "outgrown" the victorious pioneer armor, it's only 116k xp, but even that's still a nice chunk to be lost due to this bug.

That makes 7 LFG's and no credit.

Nightblazer
01.22.2019 , 09:59 AM | #4
Which FP did you complete? I've never noticed this before in the all the years I've been playing. The only time I didn't get credit is if I forgot to go back to the terminal and speak to Darth Malgus to turn in the final step or I didn't have all the FP options selected.
ďPATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawanĒ

Ė Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

PorsaLindahl
01.22.2019 , 06:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Which FP did you complete? I've never noticed this before in the all the years I've been playing. The only time I didn't get credit is if I forgot to go back to the terminal and speak to Darth Malgus to turn in the final step or I didn't have all the FP options selected.
Red Reaper 4 times, Hammer Station, Foundry and Cademimu.

And yes:
ALL checked.
In Progess unchecked (this has never affected any of my other characters - of which I have many - getting completion).

It's happened occasionally to other characters, but never to this degree.

phalczen
01.22.2019 , 07:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Did another LFG vet this morning and guess what? No credit again. And now that she's "outgrown" the victorious pioneer armor, it's only 116k xp, but even that's still a nice chunk to be lost due to this bug.

That makes 7 LFG's and no credit.
If you are in the victorious pioneer xp armor, then your average item rating will be well under 242. That will, under the flashpoint checklist window, automatically deselect Crisis on Umbara, Traitor Among the Chiss, and Nathema Conspiracy. Since those three flashpoints wonít be selected, the game might think that you are not, in fact, actually queuing up for ALL available flashpoints, and thus not giving credit for the Searching for Allies. Thatís what Steve tries to explain to you and you more or less confirmed that was probably the issue when you said you were wearing the XP armor. Itís very possible its working as intended? I donít know for sure, but you can verify if thatís the problem. Send the victorious pioneer armor over to a level 70 alt with decent gear (>= 242) and for whom you know the mission has worked in the past. Put the victorious pioneer armor on that previously working toon, see if you get credit for the mission. If you donít get credit, put on the better gear and requeue and see if you get credit. I bet youíll get your answer.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

SteveTheCynic
01.23.2019 , 01:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
If you are in the victorious pioneer xp armor, then your average item rating will be well under 242. That will, under the flashpoint checklist window, automatically deselect Crisis on Umbara, Traitor Among the Chiss, and Nathema Conspiracy. Since those three flashpoints wonít be selected, the game might think that you are not, in fact, actually queuing up for ALL available flashpoints, and thus not giving credit for the Searching for Allies. Thatís what Steve tries to explain to you and you more or less confirmed that was probably the issue when you said you were wearing the XP armor. Itís very possible its working as intended? I donít know for sure, but you can verify if thatís the problem. Send the victorious pioneer armor over to a level 70 alt with decent gear (>= 242) and for whom you know the mission has worked in the past. Put the victorious pioneer armor on that previously working toon, see if you get credit for the mission. If you donít get credit, put on the better gear and requeue and see if you get credit. I bet youíll get your answer.
That wasn't, as such, what I was thinking of, actually, sort of. The bug, in essence, is not that the game forces those FPs to be deselected, but that it doesn't treat "I queued with everything selected that I'm allowed to select" as being sufficient to qualify for the dailies.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

PorsaLindahl
01.23.2019 , 05:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Nice theory, but no dice. The gear rating doesn't matter anymore. I've done Traitor, Umbara and Nathema (or have at least started them) with players as low as level 18 - doesn't usually go very well. Here's a pic to prove it. All three of those now just say Recommended for characters level 15 through 70 when you hover them.

After the weekly reset, I got completion for it (12 levels after picking it up and with 190 rating gear, tyvm). Only took 8 LFG's and the weekly reset to update.

PorsaLindahl
01.26.2019 , 08:12 AM | #9
Update to the armor rating theory (to alleviate any confusion anyone may have):

Only Master Mode Crisis on Umbara, Traitor Among the Chiss and Nathema Conspiracy have the 242 gear rating requirements, and the filter will show 21/21 if you fail to meet the gear requirement and they are automatically de-selected.

No Veteran Mode flashpoint has this requirement. You could queue up naked and still get Nathema.